Thiago Translantara

Maria

When Ro$ell was asked about Thiago in his press conference today, he confused him with Thiago Silva..:lol:

Also:

Lee Roden ‏@LeeRoden89 57m
Rosell:"Thiago's clause isn't 90 reducing to 18. It's a minimum of 18 raising to 90 if he plays 60% of games. It hasn't been expained well."

Which it would mean that they lied even when they made the official announcement of Thiago's renewal..and though I shouldn't be surprised by that, it still makes me sick to my stomach to see how the man who promised transparency when he became the club's president is doing the opposite over and over again.

Last edited:

jklz

With things going as they currently are. I'd be much more surprised if he were here by the end of summer than if he moved to Manchester United or somewhere else.
Rosell and his friends barely seems to do anything, besides hoping he is patient, to keep him on board.

I'm a Rosell hater but I'm getting sick of this Thiago Saga. Every summer is the same story. If its not his father, it's his agent or like this summer it's himself ( by saying that he would see after the tournament if he stays or not). His clause is 18 million b.c of his father and agent. Rosell has nothing to do with it. It was either that or no negotiation.
If he wants to go so bad the let him go and let's grab those 18 million to buy at least two descent CBs. We can't continue with the same story every summer.

spark

When Ro$ell was asked about Thiago in his press conference today, he confused him with Thiago Silva..:lol:

Also:

Lee Roden ‏@LeeRoden89 57m
Rosell:"Thiago's clause isn't 90 reducing to 18. It's a minimum of 18 raising to 90 if he plays 60% of games. It hasn't been expained well."

Which it would mean that they lied even when they made the official announcement of Thiago's renewal..and though I shouldn't be surprised by that, it still makes me sick to my stomach to see how the man who promised transparency when he became the club's president is doing the opposite over and over again.

:worthy: That verbal gymnastics. In 2020 when the new stadium is completed he will say "I never said it wouldn't be called Qatar stadium :shrug:"

F

Flavia

I don't think Thiago will make the final list to the wc, with playing time or not. Vdb seems to have his squad set.

I'm a Rosell hater but I'm getting sick of this Thiago Saga. Every summer is the same story. If its not his father, it's his agent or like this summer it's himself ( by saying that he would see after the tournament if he stays or not). His clause is 18 million b.c of his father and agent. Rosell has nothing to do with it. It was either that or no negotiation.
If he wants to go so bad the let him go and let's grab those 18 million to buy at least two descent CBs. We can't continue with the same story every summer.

Let our best prospect go? That would be crazy.

New contract, higher wages, whatever, the club needs to do everything it can to keep him. And he definitely needs to be given more playing time. Tito giving him so little playing time this season, even in the 4 useless games at the end (in which Thiago should have played the full 90 minutes every game) was just :facepalm:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't think Thiago will make the final list to the wc, with playing time or not. Vdb seems to have his squad set.

It gives him a better chance.

The playing time he had this season there is no chance whatsoever.

He could leave to Bayern and play regular under Pep and force his way in.

F

Flavia

Spain is stacked on the midfield, so many names come before his. I believe he has no chance. Just because vdb has been playing with more or less the same players, and will continue doing so. The one time he was called, was just to prevent brazil for trying to call him.

JamDav1982

He wouldn't get much playing time at Bayern either.

Why not?

I am certain he would get more than last season and would be about the only midfielder Pep could 100% rely on to begin with to understand his tactics.

Spain is stacked on the midfield, so many names come before his. I believe he has no chance. Just because vdb has been playing with more or less the same players, and will continue doing so. The one time he was called, was just to prevent brazil for trying to call him.

You dont think there is more chance for him if he moves and plays more than this season?

spark

That isnt how Del Bosque's track record of selection works from what we have seen over 4 years. Pedro in his worse form got picked over people like Adrian and Soldado that had the season's of their life last year. Montoya played two clasico's and Del Bosque called him up. Hell, he got called up from the second division too. If he wants a WC place, his advisers aren't telling him how Del Bosque picks his squads. Do it in white or Blaugrana and you have a much bigger chance of getting playing time instead of staying on the bench all tournament like Mata or Llorente or Martinez.

F

Flavia

You dont think there is more chance for him if he moves and plays more than this season?
No, I don't. Vdb has his group set. If thiago was a cf, sure. But on midfield, too many names come before his, and they are playing together for a long time now.

Home of Barca Fans