Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

More friendlies than Javi Garcia despite his advanced years.

Ten names ahead of Thiago if he is playing week in week out.

Absolutely no chance.

Why Isco wasn't called up for friendlies, then? He was playing week in and out. Michu too. As I said, you haven't been paying attention to Vdb's modus operandi. He's past the point of observing players, he has his squad set for the wc.

JamDav1982

Why Isco wasn't called up for friendlies, then? He was playing week in and out. Michu too. As I said, you haven't been paying attention to Vdb's modus operandi. He's past the point of observing players, he has his squad set for the wc.

No idea about Isco and I dont care.

Thiago on the other hand if he is playing regular football can force his way into the squad.

Irish_Cules

Thiago needs to forget about the world cup. Del Bosque likes his squad the way it is and even if he does make the squad he wont play. Moving abroad isn't the best idea as well, considering La Liga players tend to be appreciated more. Michu has taken Premier League by storm and still hasn't played for Spain despite their lack of quality up front (compared to midfield anyway).

JamDav1982

Thiago needs to forget about the world cup. Del Bosque likes his squad the way it is and even if he does make the squad he wont play. Moving abroad isn't the best idea as well, considering La Liga players tend to be appreciated more. Michu has taken Premier League by storm and still hasn't played for Spain despite their lack of quality up front (compared to midfield anyway).

Michu does not play upfront and does not play the passing game that Spain do.

It is easy to see why he is a long way off the squad.

MessiDinho10

VdB should gradually start rejuvenating the squad though, don't see Spain winning the world cup with players who have won it before.

JamDav1982

You said Thiago can force his way in with regular football.

I brought up examples of footballers who get regular football and yet haven't really forced their way into the squad.

Still not sure of your point.

Cazorla and Mata are in the squad and Michu is not good enough.

zanela

If both Thiago and Isco become regulars and shine for their respective clubs the coming season, it will be hard for VDB to ignore such super-talents. Mata was 22 when he got called up for the WC, and featured in the qualifying stages. So i wouldn't necessarily say age is a factor. Every player pursues eagerly a WC call-up, whether they ultimately see pitch time or not is secondary. But by being a part of the squad, they give themselves a chance, however small it may be. Thiago, obviously would like to play on the world stage, but at this point in his career i believe he'd be delighted just to be able give himself that chance, but mostly watch, learn and celebrate a special footballing occasion(all the more when staged on homesoil).

F

Flavia

If both Thiago and Isco become regulars and shine for their respective clubs the coming season, it will be hard for VDB to ignore such super-talents. Mata was 22 when he got called up for the WC, and featured in the qualifying stages. So i wouldn't necessarily say age is a factor. Every player pursues eagerly a WC call-up, whether they ultimately see pitch time or not is secondary. But by being a part of the squad, they give themselves a chance, however small it may be. Thiago, obviously would like to play on the world stage, but at this point in his career i believe he'd be delighted just to be able give himself that chance, but mostly watch, learn and celebrate a special footballing occasion(all the more when staged on homesoil).

Isco was a regular and I think he did pretty well this season. Still ignored. Thiago and Isco probably be the midfield in 2018, but Vdb will ignore them for this wc, unless there are many injuries. He has a formed and winning group, and will stick with them. Spain has a lot of depth on midfield, too many great players.

JamDav1982

Isco was a regular and I think he did pretty well this season. Still ignored. Thiago and Isco probably be the midfield in 2018, but Vdb will ignore them for this wc, unless there are many injuries. He has a formed and winning group, and will stick with them. Spain has a lot of depth on midfield, too many great players.

He has formed a couple of winning groups and players have come and gone.

Thiago has the massive advantage of playing in the Barcelona midfield with the majority of the nt and in their style.

He has a good chance of going if he gets regular football.

F

Flavia

He has formed a couple of winning groups and players have come and gone.

Thiago has the massive advantage of playing in the Barcelona midfield with the majority of the nt and in their style.

He has a good chance of going if he gets regular football.

Who he would replace? Thiago would need to have nothing less than a stellar year to have a shot of replacing Cazorla. And even then, I don't see it happening. Mata had a better season than Silva, and won't bench him. Don't try to apply logic to Vdb, that's not how he rolls. He will take Puyol, if he's fit.

MessiDinho10

@barcatuff: If Thiago decides to leave, Sergi Roberto and Song will get more playing time, with Song sometimes playing in a more advanced role. [md]

Home of Barca Fans