Thiago Translantara

JamDav1982

That isnt how Del Bosque's track record of selection works from what we have seen over 4 years. Pedro in his worse form got picked over people like Adrian and Soldado that had the season's of their life last year. Montoya played two clasico's and Del Bosque called him up. Hell, he got called up from the second division too. If he wants a WC place, his advisers aren't telling him how Del Bosque picks his squads. Do it in white or Blaugrana and you have a much bigger chance of getting playing time instead of staying on the bench all tournament like Mata or Llorente or Martinez.

No chance does he have a better chance of getting in the squad sitting on Barcelona's bench than he does by going to another big club and starting more games.

I am not saying it guarantees him in the squad but gives him a better chance.

No, I don't. Vdb has his group set. If thiago was a cf, sure. But on midfield, too many names come before his, and they are playing together for a long time now.

Even in the event of injuries it increases his chances if he is playing each week.

That is obvious.

His chances of making it increase if he plays regular football, no doubt.

spark

No chance does he have a better chance of getting in the squad sitting on Barcelona's bench than he does by going to another big club and starting more games.

I am not saying it guarantees him in the squad but gives him a better chance.

See Albiol. You are looking at it logically but that isnt how has been shown to happen Las Rozas.

F

Flavia

Even in the event of injuries it increases his chances if he is playing each week.

That is obvious.

His chances of making it increase if he plays regular football, no doubt.
that's not how Vdb works. He will always favour players that have been playing longer with him. Form during the season is not that important, or pedro, albiol, torres wouldnt be called up.

JamDav1982

that's not how Vdb works. He will always favour players that have been playing longer with him. Form during the season is not that important, or pedro, albiol, torres wouldnt be called up.

What long term player would he call up ahead of Thiago if Xavi was to get injured?

F

Flavia

What long term player would he call up ahead of Thiago if Xavi was to get injured?
Just look at his list for the confed cup. Even Benat and Javi Garcia were there, and Thiago wasn't. Michu was great this season, and wasn't called up even once. That's his way of doing things. Mata should be on the starting 11, but I doubt he will, and so on. Vdb is not a big fan of changes.

JamDav1982

Just look at his list for the confed cup. Even Benat and Javi Garcia were there, and Thiago wasn't. Michu was great this season, and wasn't called up even once. That's his way of doing things. Mata should be on the starting 11, but I doubt he will, and so on. Vdb is not a big fan of changes.

rBenat and Javi Garcia being on that list 100% backs up my point not yours!! Thiago having more chance if he plays!!!

They are not long term Spanish internationals and neither are as good as Thiago.

F

Flavia

rBenat and Javi Garcia being on that list 100% backs up my point not yours!! Thiago having more chance if he plays!!!

They are not long term Spanish internationals and neither are as good as Thiago.
You're not paying attention to Vdb's way of working. If you think that backs you up, nothing more to add.

Jadentheman

Spain is stacked on the midfield, so many names come before his. I believe he has no chance. Just because vdb has been playing with more or less the same players, and will continue doing so. The one time he was called, was just to prevent brazil for trying to call him.

That was a crappy move. He should have been playing for BRAZIL!!! He would have gotten called up immediately

F

Flavia

His way of working is only choosing established players, then Javi Garcia with one cap being name ahead of him in squad list proves what?
He's older. You may think that's bs, but Vdb likes experience. Why not name Thiago or Isco, then? Because they'd be with the u-21. Isco is another I doubt will be on the wc, no matter how good he is. And he played a lot this season.

JamDav1982

He's older. You may think that's bs, but Vdb likes experience. Why not name Thiago or Isco, then? Because they'd be with the u-21. Isco is another I doubt will be on the wc, no matter how good he is. And he played a lot this season.

Exactly - Thiago and Isco being with the u-21 is a reason not to put them on a reserve list for the full squad.

F

Flavia

Exactly - Thiago and Isco being with the u-21 is a reason not to put them on a reserve list for the full squad.

Or on any friendly before as well. Neither will be on the wc, bar some injury fest. There's around 10 names ahead of them both.

JamDav1982

Or on any friendly before as well. Neither will be on the wc, bar some injury fest. There's around 10 names ahead of them both.

More friendlies than Javi Garcia despite his advanced years.

Ten names ahead of Thiago if he is playing week in week out.

Absolutely no chance.

Home of Barca Fans