Thiago Translantara

Stric

Thiago can play very well the deep midfielder role. He can easily play next to Carrick. I don't know why you consider Thiago as an attacking midfielder, as he never played there for Barca or Spain, opposed to Kagawa, to whom it is his natural position.

Anyway, let's hope that he will stay here.

Thiago has shown on almost every occasion that he's even better suited for the attacking ("Iniesta") role than the CM one. Unfortunately. Solid deep lying playmakers a la Xavi and Pirlo are extremely hard to find these days.

Butaan4barca

Thiago can play very well the deep midfielder role. He can easily play next to Carrick. I don't know why you consider Thiago as an attacking midfielder, as he never played there for Barca or Spain, opposed to Kagawa, to whom it is his natural position.

Anyway, let's hope that he will stay here.

If manu get fellani, (david moyes obsessed with him and rightly so), Carrick and fellani would be fixed starters in the mid. So that would leave at max one spot for kagawa, powell, caverly, thiago (IF), fletcher, anderson, etc.

Kagawa showed some great potential. Thiago should think several times before going there.

Most importantly david moyed is a 'strickly my way kind of manager'. Thiago mightnot enjoy the freedom he would like to have.

Zuess99

Del Bosque has an anti Premier League bias. Utd play a different style so even if Thiago did succeed there, I'm not sure it would do him much good in terms of getting into the Spain squad. He doesn't need to just play first team football, he also has to show Del Bosque that he can integrate into the Spanish team. With his propensity for errors and Del Bosques safety first strategy I can see it difficult for Thiago to make it into the squad. I think his best bet is to stay and earn more playing time.

If he can't hack it Barca, why would Del Bosque think he can hack it for Spain which is based on the Barca system?

youre wrong mate, del bosque aint like that.Silvas excellent season lead him to be squeezed into the first eleven if though there were already midfielders there.

spark

youre wrong mate, del bosque aint like that.Silvas excellent season lead him to be squeezed into the first eleven if though there were already midfielders there.

That, and he complained in the press about being benched for the rest of the tournament after the Switzerland loss in 2010. He then got a chance in one of the Euro qualifiers and didn't look back.

DavidVillano1

Thiago wouldn't be competing with Kagawa for a spot in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Secondly he is miles better than Cleverley, Anderson etc and would play regularly and start majority of games, Giggs will be a bit part player this season.

oz187

Silva had already fought his way into the squad from his Valencia days. I'm not saying Del Bosque won't have Premier League players in his squad, but he does rate the La Liga higher for picking his teams. Silva is the exception rather than the rule.

Galning

This is a totally different statement than saying "He is anti-Premier League". I'm sure he will have his reasons. Maybe because the players are used to playing the same type of football. And it's not like we can criticize him for it, the man has won Euro-WC-Euro so he must be doing something right.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'm saying that "the best players he thinks can do a job" is biased because everyone is biased if they are that involved in a sport. If I just turn on a random match I'll start liking certain players or teams more even if I have no affiliation with them. You can't "think" objectively, everyone has some bias.

At least, in my opinion.

JamDav1982

I'm saying that "the best players he thinks can do a job" is biased because everyone is biased if they are that involved in a sport. If I just turn on a random match I'll start liking certain players or teams more even if I have no affiliation with them. You can't "think" objectively, everyone has some bias.

At least, in my opinion.

Ok.

Home of Barca Fans