Thiago Translantara

JonM

That's what I am implying. The club had no obligation to write the 18m release clause in to his contract. The players representatives asked for it and mgmt. foolishly buckled to their pressure, thus creating this whole messy scenario.

You don't put something that significant into a contract and not realize you could be leaving yourselves vulnerable. But I suppose when you have a bunch of retarded chimps running your club, these things happen. :facepalm:

And the player has no obligation to sign the contrat either. For all we know, Thiago could very well have threaten to leave the club two years ago if the clause wasn't included.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pace isn't important for a midfielder. You're right about slow thinking though, he sometimes can't keep up with the Barcelona passing game, I think it'll improve to the point where he is as quick thinking as the others.

Also thiago was a good player but he was not exactly setting the world alight. He had bad games too, in particular the clasico in the bernabeu. He should have played more though. I would have him replace Xavi though as he fulfils that role in the team and not fabregas role. Thiago is the tempo setting player and should replace a like for like player which is Xavi (I know his style is slightly different but they have the same role). Also with Xavi being injured it makes complete sense to give thiago a few games towards the end instead.

If anything the preferential treatment is towards Xavi.

Barcafan 2304

Crazy situation and it seems barca haveyet to learn the lesson that our la masia products can fall pray to lucrative offers. If thiago goes the club should rightly be castigated for it

oz187

Thiago missed 13 games (8 liga, 4 UCL, 1 Copa) out of 58(38 liga, 12, UCL, 8 Copa) because of injury. That means he was available for 47 games which is 4050 minutes. He played 1994 minutes which is 49.2% of the minutes he was available or 50% in you want to round it up to the nearest 1%.

He's competing with three other players for two spots, so him getting 50% of the minutes is his fair share. Out of the 30 Liga games he was available for he started 15 and came on as sub in 12 for a total of 27 appearances. In other words played in 90% of the Liga games he was available, and 55% of the Liga minutes he was available. He played in 7/7 Copa games or in other words 100% of the games he was available, and played 62% of the Copa minutes he was available for.

Where he fell short was in the Champion League where he played 2 games out of 8 that he was available for which is 25% and played 124 minutes which is 17% of what's available. Although considering 6 of the 8 games he was available for were the knockout rounds, well that's where you'd expect Xavi and Iniesta to be starting ahead of him.

Mr Hulot

Pace isn't important for a midfielder. You're right about slow thinking though, he sometimes can't keep up with the Barcelona passing game, I think it'll improve to the point where he is as quick thinking as the others.

Also thiago was a good player but he was not exactly setting the world alight. He had bad games too, in particular the clasico in the bernabeu. He should have played more though. I would have him replace Xavi though as he fulfils that role in the team and not fabregas role. Thiago is the tempo setting player and should replace a like for like player which is Xavi (I know his style is slightly different but they have the same role). Also with Xavi being injured it makes complete sense to give thiago a few games towards the end instead.

If anything the preferential treatment is towards Xavi.

When you have four world class midfielders,it is very difficult to keep them happy. It is also difficult to find a rotation pattern. Seniority (Xaviniesta) before youth is not the right way to go in my opinion. The best way to rotate is solely based on the players form and training output. The four of them are smart enough guys to understand that their teammates and competitors are incredible players and it is not a shame not to play if they are performing better. If Xavi lost his place for Cesc then I am sure that he would have worked hard to regain it. But this year Cesc and Alexis/Pedro played more minutes than they deserved. And that is my problem with Tito. He seems that he has a pecking order that is extremely difficult to change. While on the other hand, Pep was the master of the fluid pecking order. Bojan replaced Ibra, Pedro replaced Henry, Busquets replaced Toure, Pedro got replaced from Cuenca and Alexis. He even started Mascherano in front of our club legend Carles Puyol in a Champions League final. We sure miss that kind of attitude right now.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thiago missed 13 games (8 liga, 4 UCL, 1 Copa) out of 58(38 liga, 12, UCL, 8 Copa) because of injury. That means he was available for 47 games which is 4050 minutes. He played 1994 minutes which is 49.2% of the minutes he was available or 50% in you want to round it up to the nearest 1%.

He's competing with three other players for two spots, so him getting 50% of the minutes is his fair share. Out of the 30 Liga games he was available for he started 15 and came on as sub in 12 for a total of 27 appearances. In other words played in 90% of the Liga games he was available, and 55% of the Liga minutes he was available. He played in 7/7 Copa games or in other words 100% of the games he was available, and played 62% of the Copa minutes he was available for.

Where he fell short was in the Champion League where he played 2 games out of 8 that he was available for which is 25% and played 124 minutes which is 17% of what's available. Although considering 6 of the 8 games he was available for were the knockout rounds, well that's where you'd expect Xavi and Iniesta to be starting ahead of him.

Exactly. The only complaint he has is not starting the last four matches in la liga, which are irrelevant anyway. OK he should have started those and it didn't make sense to play Xavi instead, but he doesn't have much to complain about. If it's true and he's demanding a transfer then it's best that he leaves, there's other factors than pure football ability.

As for the idea of feeling disrespected.. OK, I can sort of get his point. Tito is a different style of coach, almost Mourinho like infact if you analyse his style. He comes from the idea that if you're not the best player available for a match and didn't prove in training before (from his point of view) then you don't play. Thiago though needs to understand all the games he played before, even being trusted in a la liga clasico away from home, if that's not being respected I don't know what is.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
When you have four world class midfielders,it is very difficult to keep them happy. It is also difficult to find a rotation pattern. Seniority (Xaviniesta) before youth is not the right way to go in my opinion. The best way to rotate is solely based on the players form and training output. The four of them are smart enough guys to understand that their teammates and competitors are incredible players and it is not a shame not to play if they are performing better. If Xavi lost his place for Cesc then I am sure that he would have worked hard to regain it. But this year Cesc and Alexis/Pedro played more minutes than they deserved. And that is my problem with Tito. He seems that he has a pecking order that is extremely difficult to change. While on the other hand, Pep was the master of the fluid pecking order. Bojan replaced Ibra, Pedro replaced Henry, Busquets replaced Toure, Pedro got replaced from Cuenca and Alexis. He even started Mascherano in front of our club legend Carles Puyol in a Champions League final. We sure miss that kind of attitude right now.

Ok, but you're not really saying anything about my post there. Also you have it mixed up, the rotation should be iniesta/cesc and Xavi/Thiago. There should not be a situation where Xavi and cesc fight for the same spot.

Jadentheman

http://sulia.com/channel/manchester-united/f/db470f8b-38a1-4f58-89ed-d045f5468caa/?source=twitter

United close in on Thiago Alcantara

Manchester United are in advanced talks with Thiago Alcantara's representatives to secure the services of the Euro U-21 Championship winner, who scored a perfect hat-trick in the final. The club recently met his father, Brazilian former World Cup winner, Manzinho to discuss the move and contractual terms. United have also been in discussions with the player's current club Barcelona to conclude the deal.

They face competition from Chelsea who have recently showed interest. However, United's advanced talks may prove too much for Chelsea, with Thiago seeking first team assurances in a move to improve his chances for a call up to the Spanish national side in a bid to go to the World Cup next year. In addition, United's goalkeeper, David de Gea has been acting as a catalyst, with a message written on Thiago's match winning ball against Italy in the Euro U-21 Championships final, that was written in Spanish and translates as "See you in Manchester".

He was speaking after the team's arrival back in Spain and said:

"Thiago to Man United? Hopefully I can have a Spanish teammate. Every United player would want him to join."

The Spanish keeper’s presence at United will ease Thiago settling in into the team, as they are very good friends.

United are looking to act swiftly and conduct a deal by offering Thiago a 5-year contract, before the player enjoys a break and joins the squad for their Asian pre-season tour. A club source was also recently speaking out confirming that United are "quietly confident" of securing the services of the 22-year old. United will look to avoid accepting a buy-back clause insertion in the deal, as Barcelona are known for re-signing their academy players after they gain more experience somewhere else.

United will be on hand to conclude this deal as soon as possible with strong interest from both Chelsea and Bayern Munich. The former, offering stiffer competition for first team places as the returning José Mourinho looks to freshen things up on his second coming, and the latter would be Thiago working under his former manager, Pep Guardiola whose brother, Pere Guardiola, represents him too. New manager David Moyes who officially takes charge on July 1st, will seek to add creativity, speed and goals to the midfield of Manchester United and at a bargain cut price of £15m, Thiago seeking more first team football and achieving a World Cup dream to represent Spain, United will act swiftly and should get their man sooner rather than later. about an hour ago

Ursegor

World Champion
with Thiago seeking first team assurances in a move to improve his chances for a call up to the Spanish national side in a bid to go to the World Cup next year. In addition, United's goalkeeper, David de Gea has been acting as a catalyst

I'm sure De Gea can give Thiago good advice how to get into the Spain squad. Oh, wait.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I wish the club would buy Benat if Thiago leaves.

Benat >>>> Thiago

Benat used to be underrated but ever since he's been linked with a move away from Betis he's been horse shit. He is a very direct player anyway. Either acting as a DM or playing long passes in possession, not tiki taka. Thiago is easily a better prospect.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Benat used to be underrated but ever since he's been linked with a move away from Betis he's been horse shit. He is a very direct player anyway. Either acting as a DM or playing long passes in possession, not tiki taka. Thiago is easily a better prospect.

I've seen him play with La Roja, he looked lethal with them.

I think he would shine with us. (No need to even debate this any further as it has no chance of coming to fruition.)

I hope these rumors aren't true. I never thought competition would scare Thiago away to play for an inferior club.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I wish the club would buy Benat if Thiago leaves.

Benat >>>> Thiago
Benat better than Thiago?
q6no.gif

Home of Barca Fans