Thiago Translantara

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
^He's played 100 games at for Barca before turning 22 years old. Him and his father are also to blame if he leaves along with our management.

How? When the manager is not keen on playing him in useless games even when we have won the title then what do you expect?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's played a decent amount of games. His only complaint is perhaps not getting a few starts ahead of a slightly injured Xavi. For his age he has played a decent amount. He wants to play almost every week for Barcelona ahead of world class midfielders then he needs to think twice. His temperament is questionable here, and if this is his mindset (remember there is a lot of media speculation and his father may be the main culprit) then he's not fit to run barcelona's midfield in the future.

Compare to iniesta, a true legend. Despite being a fantastic player he patiently waited his turn instead of throwing his toys out of the pram.

Stric

Tell me something if the board members are that wise? Otherwise we wouldn't having this talk this time. What kind of board put a clause of 18million euro for their future star player.

The board doesn't put it, the player's agent does. They put that in there to ensure either plenty of playing time, or an easy exit.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For the last 2 years everyone, really everyone at the club kept telling him that he's the future and still he wants to leave! No one is throwing him out! It's his own decision to go.
He cares more about himself than Barca.

If he really leaves, he's dead to me. I don't care about him anymore.

:goodpost: Screw him.

JonM

What do you expect him to do when he barely plays?

Jonathan Dos Santo barely plays. Marc Muniesa barely plays. Even Marc Bartra barely plays. Maybe Thiago doesn't play as much as he would want to, but he doesn't barely play. Again, 100 games before turning 22 with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas on the team.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He's played a decent amount of games. His only complaint is perhaps not getting a few starts ahead of a slightly injured Xavi. For his age he has played a decent amount. He wants to play almost every week for Barcelona ahead of world class midfielders then he needs to think twice. His temperament is questionable here, and if this is his mindset (remember there is a lot of media speculation and his father may be the main culprit) then he's not fit to run barcelona's midfield in the future.

Compare to iniesta, a true legend. Despite being a fantastic player he patiently waited his turn instead of throwing his toys out of the pram.
I don't say it often, but that's a good summary, Hammy.

And to those who are annoyed with the low release clause - It's obvious that this was negotiated by Thiago and his representatives to protect his interests and give him a way out if it was needed.

Whatever happens with Thiago, it's clear that he and his father are the masters of his destiny.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Jonathan Dos Santo barely plays. Marc Muniesa barely plays. Even Marc Bartra barely plays. Maybe Thiago doesn't play as much as he would want to, but he doesn't barely play. Again, 100 games before turning 22 with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas on the team.

Well said. If he is this impatient then let him leave. Remember though there's a lot of speculation and it might actually be his dad influencing the situation. He might actually have a good character.

If not then he can have as much banter with de gea as he likes and develop his "swag" in Manchester.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder what his dad will do if he fails to make it to the WC squad even after joining Man Utd and playing regulary........

Ghost

Well said. If he is this impatient then let him leave. Remember though there's a lot of speculation and it might actually be his dad influencing the situation. He might actually have a good character.

If not then he can have as much banter with de gea as he likes and develop his "swag" in Manchester.

I sometimes wonder.. Are you even a Barca fan? You seem to be a Cesc fanboy and nothing else. :/

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wonder what his dad will do if he fails to make it to the WC squad even after joining Man Utd and playing regulary........

The most likely scenario. Juan Mata was the best player at the last youth tournament and has been brilliant in both seasons for Chelsea, playing regularly. He can barely get minutes from the bench. Del Bosque will stick with the current crop of players in the confederations cup (he'll include Xabi Alonso).

Home of Barca Fans