Thiago Translantara

Barca8

People forget that FC Barcelona are always involved in a minimum of 3 competitions (Liga, Copa, CL) every year. That's close to if not more than 75 games a season. We not only have a superb first team but a bench that would make any other first team in the world. What we need is better rotation and more minutes for youth players like Thiago, Bartra, Montoya, Sergi Roberto, Tello, Cuenca. A common thing that continues to be said is how little Pep rotated the first team. You also have to keep in mind Pep didn't have to rotate as much because every player was 3-4 years younger and in their prime (some still are in their prime, Iniesta). Pep also sold a lot of players (Dinho, Deco, Yaya etc etc) in order to blend in our own players (Iniesta, Bojan, Busquets) and there's no comparison about who progressed more youth as I couldn't see Tito fielding a Barca B team like Pep did against Bate.

Rotation is now more important than ever to keep continuity of success and veteran players helping youth make the leap into the first team. I don't want to turn this into another "blame Tito" post but it is down to him to give the youth a chance. Xavi isn't refusing to step aside, Tito tells him he's playing today.

MessiDinho10

He was 19 and you have no idea whether Tito would do the same thing.

It was a gesture far more than trusting a player in a massive game.

Tito did not do it this season, so for now we can safely say he'd never do that.
Yes, a gesture. Doesn't matter whether it's a gesture or not, fact is he learns from it, which is important at that age.

JamDav1982

People forget that FC Barcelona are always involved in a minimum of 3 competitions (Liga, Copa, CL) every year. That's close to if not more than 75 games a season. We not only have a superb first team but a bench that would make any other first team in the world. What we need is better rotation and more minutes for youth players like Thiago, Bartra, Montoya, Sergi Roberto, Tello, Cuenca. A common thing that continues to be said is how little Pep rotated the first team. You also have to keep in mind Pep didn't have to rotate as much because every player was 3-4 years younger and in their prime (some still are in their prime, Iniesta). Pep also sold a lot of players (Dinho, Deco, Yaya etc etc) in order to blend in our own players (Iniesta, Bojan, Busquets) and there's no comparison about who progressed more youth as I couldn't see Tito fielding a Barca B team like Pep did against Bate.

Rotation is now more important than ever to keep continuity of success and veteran players helping youth make the leap into the first team. I don't want to turn this into another "blame Tito" post but it is down to him to give the youth a chance. Xavi isn't refusing to step aside, Tito tells him he's playing today.

Tito did field a b team in the CL did he not?

JamDav1982

Tito did not do it this season, so for now we can safely say he'd never do that.
Yes, a gesture. Doesn't matter whether it's a gesture or not, fact is he learns from it, which is important at that age.

Tito was never in that situation and Pep did it once in 4 years for 1 minute.

If Tito does nothing similar after 4 years in charge you have a good point.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
He's probably gone, hopefully Rosell really pursues Thiago Silva and Juan Mata. We have more than enough money to really splash and make some big moves.

If he's gone, he's gone. I've always thought Cesc was a better player anyways even though I felt Thiago was more suited for Xavi's role.

MessiDinho10

Pep did it with Thiago in his first season, wasn't in a big game though, but I haven't seen Tito doing it with a youth player in a normal game this season.

Barca8

Tito did field a b team in the CL did he not?

JamDav did he field a proper B team like from mainly Barcelona B? Not to the extent that Pep did. Out of everything I said in that post that's the one thing you cling to? My point is that there is ample room for rotation and it's far more important now than it was in 08/09.

Keikoku

Cabbage
He was 19 and you have no idea whether Tito would do the same thing.

It was a gesture far more than trusting a player in a massive game.

I believe Tito won't.
Here what DonAndres posted

Good point but even injuries didn't force some common sense in this time with Xavi playing through fatigue and ankle troubles on painkillers in the Clasico.

Xavi played in painkillers. 33 years old player over a healthy Thiago.

Similiar situation? Last year Pedro and Villa injured, instead of playing Pedro on a painkillers, Pep decided throw a youngster named Tello for a classico, remember?

After we calculated won La Liga, instead of give Thiago more minutes for experience/development, Tito field almost identical line up.

spark

Barcelona Benfica this year. Except with a few more first teamers because Benfica is better than Bate . We also weren't on our way to Japan for the club world cup a week later or so this year. Its as if context is a dead concept in Bacaforum

JamDav1982

JamDav did he field a proper B team like from mainly Barcelona B? Not to the extent that Pep did. Out of everything I said in that post that's the one thing you cling to? My point is that there is ample room for rotation and it's far more important now than it was in 08/09.

When did Pep field a proper b team?

You think rotation is needed for Iniesta at 29 but not so much Xavi at 29?

I agree on rotating Xavi more but not many top players will be happy to play the meaningless games to give Xavi that time.

Home of Barca Fans