Thiago Translantara

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A friend sent me that article and its certainly very interesting.

I didn't know how such clauses worked in Spain.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I highly doubt that our management is pulling any last-ditch effort to keep Thiago. Even if they do, it is too little too late.

Irish_Cules

Have you read the article?
And you can't compare those two situations, I'm pretty sure Bilbao didn't mind losing Martinez for 40 mil (he also already stated that he wanted to leave if I'm not mistaken) but Barca certainly doesn't want to lose Thiago, so these are two completely different situations.

As far as I remember, Martinez really had to force his way out of Athletic. They didn't want him to leave at all. Barca don't appear to be too upset about Thiago leaving. Obviously they would prefer if he stayed but they don't appear to be making any clear effort to make this the case.

F

Flavia

As far as I remember, Martinez really had to force his way out of Athletic. They didn't want him to leave at all. Barca don't appear to be too upset about Thiago leaving. Obviously they would prefer if he stayed but they don't appear to be making any clear effort to make this the case.

We'll know that for sure when man utd makes a formal bid. Until then it's just media speculation.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well.. If he leaves then I'll rather want us to groom Rafinha and Sergi Samper to take over for the future.

PaCmAn

Well.. If he leaves then I'll rather want us to groom Rafinha and Sergi Samper to take over for the future.

No, I would want Barca to get rid of Rafina also, don't want any Alcántara's stinking the place, have to cut ties with Mazinho.

jklz

So if that article holds up, does that mean that Thiago will cost United 21.24M (18M x 18%) if the club cooperates and 24.92M (18M x 44%) if they don't cooperate?

Jadentheman

I'm sure we'll buy him back in 4 years for double the price. Calm down everyone.

Indeed. Just in time to force Sergi Samper out.

...only for us to buy him 4 years later as well, of course.

I still think that Cesc transfer was one of the worst and impulsive transfers in Barca history. The only reason why was because Spain won the WC too and it enhanced the movement. I mean you pay 40M just because he's La Masia and have him screw up the team dynamic to justify the pay. There is a lot to say and it started this mess. I don't want it to happen again. If anyone leaves, they leave for good forget them. Thiago included.

Zuess99

I still think that Cesc transfer was one of the worst and impulsive transfers in Barca history. The only reason why was because Spain won the WC too and it enhanced the movement. I mean you pay 40M just because he's La Masia and have him screw up the team dynamic to justify the pay. There is a lot to say and it started this mess. I don't want it to happen again. If anyone leaves, they leave for good forget them. Thiago included.

Spot on

Barcilliant

BRAVO! Tell Thiago put up or shut up! Also no more emotional signings like Cesc. We ruined the team trying to shoehorn him into the team.

JamDav1982

BRAVO! Tell Thiago put up or shut up! Also no more emotional signings like Cesc. We ruined the team trying to shoehorn him into the team.

He was signed with Peps idea of the future being 3-4-3.

It didnt work and Barca left with too many midfielders.

Cesc would be a better player for Man Utd than Thiago, he needs to become a better Barca player.

Barcilliant

Bottom line-if he wants to leave its better he leaves. We don't want someone who doesn't have full faith in our cause. This has been a clusterfuck from management in general. They could have started Thiago in the Copa games and the Liga games at the end when the title was wrapped up. Tito plus Rosell plus Zubi=INEPT. Even if we signed Thiago Silva, Koscieny, Isco and Lewandowski I would be worried with Tito at the helm.

However I think Thiago should show more patience. In England he'd need to adapt. It may take some time but he's smart and skillful enough.

ryaninho

Again with this cesc nonsense we have done a ful circle on this thread. Let me remind you that tito played the don, cesc and an unfit Xavi in a few games. He could of played thiago but did not how is this cesc fault? who eating whos minutes? Some fans on here are to quick to point the fingre at cesc when he did not even play in xavi's. He play in messi's or the don's place not Xavi.

Home of Barca Fans