Thiago Translantara

Martindn

Redcafe lol. Like they would know? Sneijder, Ronaldinho, Ozil, list goes on.

Sneijder ludicrous wage demands, ronaldinho kenyon fucked up and we got cristiano (not too bad from our view:p) ozil wanted spain. At one point they all did seem realistic for us, many things can happen in transfers. They know as much as the rest of us, nothing at all basically.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Sneijder ludicrous wage demands, ronaldinho kenyon fucked up and we got cristiano (not too bad from our view:p) ozil wanted spain. At one point they all did seem realistic for us, many things can happen in transfers. They know as much as the rest of us, nothing at all basically.

Well those players were confirmed to be looking for a move. The alternative here is that Thiago gets convinced to stay at Barca. While it's pretty obvious that he's expressing some unhappiness, there's not much solid evidence that he's this close to signing with United. It just seems to be the hot rumor on the market right now and sells papers.

Martindn

Well those players were confirmed to be looking for a move. The alternative here is that Thiago gets convinced to stay at Barca. While it's pretty obvious that he's expressing some unhappiness, there's not much solid evidence that he's this close to signing with United. It just seems to be the hot rumor on the market right now and sells papers.

It just depends on if you trust people from twitter, there is rarely solid evidence until an official statement. Stated early there is a lot of reputable people saying a lot of differing things there, and i do not read papers for sport there sources are worse than twitter sometimes. I do remember for a while though before De Gea was officially transferred there was many a playing down and denial until we reached a deal with atleti.

If it happens it happens, us united fans have learned the hard way not to get your hopes up in transfer season. I do think there is too much to this for it to be classified as just a hot rumor though, chances are angling for a new contract. Was the playing time promise made to him before he signed a new contract two years ago? And are his prospects for the new season same as this one just gone?

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

Just wondering, did we ever get an official confirmation about the 18m release clause? I mean Tito said he didn't know it exists, but that didn't really confirm it does exist... was there anything else apart from newspapers' claims?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Just wondering, did we ever get an official confirmation about the 18m release clause? I mean Tito said he didn't know it exists, but that didn't really confirm it does exist... was there anything else apart from newspapers' claims?

Rosell said in his season end press conference that it was 18m and increases to 90m if he played a certain amount of games

matth_22

matth_22
783425280.jpg

Look who's hanging out with Rosell.

That means nothing, a fan could've asked a picture of them, doesn't mean he's staying.

AvocadoCake

Rosell met Thiago's father...

http://twitpic.com/cyfitc

I think the whole thing is a plot by Thiago's father to get his son better contract and playing time!

That'd be fine by me, losing him for 18m would be a disaster. He deserves more playing time anyway, and Xavi needs to play less games in order to maintain his brilliance for semi-final time (both CdR and CL).

Home of Barca Fans