Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago's entourage don't feel decision is imminent. Player analyzes offers from other clubs and will listen to Barcelona's proposal. [terra]

Barcelona think Thiago is close to leaving. They want to offer renewal plus loan so he can have more playing time ahead of World Cup [terra]

I can accept this!

Again, I hope it is not too little too late. And I am not liking the part about him analyzing offers from other clubs. If he has to leave, I'd rather him go to ManU than Bayern. Please no Bayern, please!

Martindn

Again, I hope it is not too little too late. And I am not liking the part about him analyzing offers from other clubs. If he has to leave, I'd rather him go to ManU than Bayern. Please no Bayern, please!

I cant see him going to bayern, unless the lure of Pep is that big. I mean they are almost as stacked in attacking positions as you guys, the likely destinations for him is staying with you, us, or the chavs (chelsea).

Out of curiosity why the hate for bayern? could understand the semi final, is it just you dont want him to reunite with pep?

Paganinisrvnge

Would much prefer him to go Man U. Anyway, what is this about a loan? He's not 19. He needs to stay at Barcelona and play a very good amount of minutes next season. If he's given the minutes, Thiago will have a breakthrough season.

F

Flavia

So whats the official story now? Still nothing? Its gone from wages agreed with us, then a new deal for him from you, to talk of a buyback clause to that he has accepted your offer, then some say he is edging close to us. Safe to say this twitter and media bollocks is getting boring.

From my point of view there is shades of both the De gea transfer and Lucas, and its safe to say no credible news is going to come over the weekend.

Best thing is to wait and preferably avoid reading these papers. They won't stop the rumor mill, it sells.

"I would be lying if I said that my dream is to succeed at Barca," he told EFE. "My dream is to succeed in football. I want to be a player who people remember forever."
Thiago Alcantara... 2 years ago..

He wasn't lying then. let him "succeed " in football then. Pseudo cules shouldn't be begged to stay!

Keikoku

Cabbage
"I would be lying if I said that my dream is to succeed at Barca," he told EFE. "My dream is to succeed in football. I want to be a player who people remember forever."

He wasn't lying then. let him "succeed " in football then. Pseudo cules shouldn't be begged to stay!

CMIIW, he said it before he signed his contract?
Because after he signed his contract he said "I never thought about leaving. I’ve always wanted to be here".

http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/29/n110629118205.html :pep:

Keikoku

Cabbage
^

I noticed that his contract that time (2 years ago) was going to end this year, maybe all of this because his contract 2 years left from now and his dad think they should get a renewal again.

Indignado

Again, if we sell every player who's not a 100% culé we'll end up with half the players leaving. What you're suggesting is non-sense. If Real did this they wouldn't even have 3 players in their squad, same goes for many big European teams.

Again, if we sell every player who's not a 100% culé we'll end up with half the players leaving. What you're suggesting is non-sense. If Real did this they wouldn't even have 3 players in their squad, same goes for many big European teams.

I'm not saying let's sell him cause he's pseudo cule, I'm saying let's sell him cause he's pseudo cule and wants to leave. If he was not cule at all but was professional and showed respect for the team paying his wages, I wouldn't have a problem with him. This guy wants to leave like every 2 years. He got a nice contract last time, so he decided to stay, but how far will barca go to keep him? should barca beg him to stay? what for? so that in 2 years he comes back with the same crapola when another team offers him more millions? b.c let's be honest, if he wants minutes he will leave on loan, but if he wants money, he will leave on sale.

^

I noticed that his contract that time (2 years ago) was going to end this year, maybe all of this because his contract 2 years left from now and his dad think they should get a renewal again.

Barca were always open to renewals, I think part of his words had to do with the fact that people were saying that Thiago would be sold to buy Cesc. It's seems to me like it's 2 years ago all over again but this time the player wants to go b.c he won't get enough minutes playing for barca. I guess he wants to grow as a player, and you can't grow unless you play. My only problem is that sending him on loan would be the reasonable answer but it seems he wants to be sold. So, money might be the bigger issue here.

Jadentheman

This drama is dragging on for too long. I can't help, but read Redcafe. NOw they are saying that THiago will go to Manchester

Martindn

Best thing is to wait and preferably avoid reading these papers. They won't stop the rumor mill, it sells.

Yeh take it with a grain of salt, strange thing though the different angles all come from very reputable journalists or people within the sport. I definitely do not use the tabloid papers.

Whats almost concrete though is that to get him we need to pay 36m euros (half of which in tax and not to barca) or negotiate a middle ground with you guys. Cant see either option working out which is kinda why i did not think the deal would go through in the beginning.

Home of Barca Fans