Thiago Translantara

SwiftGuyver

Package deal according to Graham Hunter. Dad's not going to leave one in Barcelona. Even if Rafinha plays this season on loan as expected, he will be ultimately bound for United as well.

Good. If we lose Thiago then I'd like us to cut all ties with Mazinho. Let them go and don't come back. I don't think Rafinha is good enough to make it at Barca anyway.

Shame if Thiago leaves, I'd like him to stay and I think he is good enough to lead our midfield for the next decade but I'd be happy to see the back of Mazinho and I'm not really bothered about Rafinha.

PaCmAn

Good. If we lose Thiago then I'd like us to cut all ties with Mazinho. Let them go and don't come back. I don't think Rafinha is good enough to make it at Barca anyway.

Shame if Thiago leaves, I'd like him to stay and I think he is good enough to lead our midfield for the next decade but I'd be happy to see the back of Mazinho and I'm not really bothered about Rafinha.

+1

JamDav1982

Thiago will go too cheaply and that is the worst part.

In reality he is at most the fourth best midfielder in the squad and the money used properly will allow for a stronger team than last year.

Good luck to him whatever he decides, there is more to football than playing for Barcelona.

F

FCBFanboy

:lol: at anyone blaming thiago and not Tito for this situation. Or anyone accusing Thiago of being "uncommitted" or whatever. He's not "uncomitted," he was treated poorly by Tito. At least worse than he should have been treated.

RVP20

Reports over here claim that the deal to bring Thiago to the "Theater of Dreams" is close to being completed. I have to be honest, other than a fine display in the recent U20 European Championships I haven't seen and really know much about this kid so if you could kindly enlighten me on what sort of player we'd be signing should the deal be complete I'd be most grateful.

Jadentheman

He's a player that controls the game. Suppose to take Xavi's place and become the team's engine. Personally IMO I think he's more ATK MID and more like Deco with the flair of Ronaldinho. But he's hard working and has a certain swagger. He will be missed at Barca, but I'll understand if he leaves.

Trickykid

Oh man, how I hope Thiago will stay put after all. If only to put an end to the sudden influx of Man Utd fans here drooling over the prospect of signing him on the cheap.

RVP20

He's a player that controls the game. Suppose to take Xavi's place and become the team's engine. Personally IMO I think he's more ATK MID and more like Deco with the flair of Ronaldinho. But he's hard working and has a certain swagger. He will be missed at Barca, but I'll understand if he leaves.

Sound's good enough to me. We've longed for someone with a creative flare to partner the excellent Michael Carrick in the middle ever since the decline of Paul Scholes. Having Kagawa and Rooney in the same team as Thiago supplying Van Persie can only be a good thing for us in the search of a 21st premier league title.

RVP20

Oh man, how I hope Thiago will stay put after all. If only to put an end to the sudden influx of Man Utd fans here drooling over the prospect of signing him on the cheap.

£18million does seem a steal (should that be the price) to put it in to some perspective that's £3m more than West Ham just paid for Andy "donkey" Carroll and £2m less than the scousers brought Jordan Henderson for.

Were not trolls, like many of you guys who are reading redCafe were just trying to get as much info on this as possible and its interesting to read the views of barca fans on the subject, be even nicer if my posts would be approved so i could discuss this topic properly!

JamDav1982

£18million does seem a steal (should that be the price) to put it in to some perspective that's £3m more than West Ham just paid for Andy "donkey" Carroll and £2m less than the scousers brought Jordan Henderson for.

And only 11m more than Bebe.

Home of Barca Fans