Thiago Translantara

PaCmAn

I rather Thiago just hurry up an sign with Man U, he's burnt his bridges with Barça. He did it 2 years ago, and is doing it again and he will continue to do it regardless where he goes? Barca need to cut ties with anything linked to Mazinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not any more sure than anyone else, i only know what you know and what everyone else does, what we read on the internet and in the papers, i think its close because there seems to be a general consensus amongst all the rumours about whats going on, barcelona expect Thiago to tell them he wants to leave, thats being reported everywhere today from what ive seen both in spain and england, his dad and agent agreed a deal with United last week, again that seems to be accepted across the board, usually when everyone is reporting the same thing from all over then theres likely good sources behind it, so the only thing that seems to be left is can barca convince him to stay and if so how, or has that time passed?

I think its impossible to convince him now.

This is gonna be a huge dent on Rosell's re-election plans.

Stric

This makes sense, but I can help but think, if it was really so, Rosell and the gang would probably be making huge efforts to make him stay, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I think its impossible to convince him now.

Maybe not if you used the money to sign Thiago Silva perhaps? maybe the fans would see losing a 4th choice midfielder albeit an exceptional one to sign a first choice defender worth it? make a good situation out of a bad one? you gain more from having Thiago Silva than Thigao alcantara right now dont you?

Just speculating.

DonAK

This makes sense, but I can help but think, if it was really so, Rosell and the gang would probably be making huge efforts to make him stay, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Well,

Rosell met Mazinho and talked to him. Zubi met Thiago and talked to him.

Im sure they're really trying to convince him, but when Tito himself met Thiago and said that the situation will be just like last season then its not a suprise that he has moved on to ensure he is sold to Man Utd.

All reports have been saying Rosell and the gang have been making huge efforts to convince thiago to stay and also offered a new contract, its probably the one and only reason Thiago isnt currently a Manchester United player, your boards efforts to try and convince him to stay.

I said yesterday i think its better for Rosell and your board if you drag this out and make it known to the press youve tried everything to keep Thiago, it shifts the anger from the club more onto the player if the club say we tried everything he wanted to leave.

DonAK

Maybe not if you used the money to sign Thiago Silva perhaps? maybe the fans would see losing a 4th choice midfielder albeit an exceptional one to sign a first choice defender worth it? make a good situation out of a bad one? you gain more from having Thiago Silva than Thigao alcantara right now dont you?

Just speculating.

Even if we sign Thiago Silva then Rosell is not gonna win or lose without a fight especially if Laporta comes back and challenge him.

Rosell has time to fix everything though. Still a couple of years until the election.

Even if we sign Thiago Silva then Rosell is not gonna win or lose without a fight especially if Laporta comes back and challenge him.

Rosell has time to fix everything though. Still a couple of years until the election.

Yeah i know Laporta is very popular amongst barca fans, i remember watching him on Revista a few weeks ago, enjoyed making the point it was HIS barcelona and HIS signings that were behind your greatest ever season back in 09, to be fair to him he was at the helm so deserves some credit.

Still will never forgive him for taking our Ronaldinhio away! i was a young lad at the time and that saga killed me! Peter Kenyon pushed him close for annoying idiot award mind lol

DonAK

Yeah i know Laporta is very popular amongst barca fans, i remember watching him on Revista a few weeks ago, enjoyed making the point it was HIS barcelona and HIS signings that were behind your greatest ever season back in 09, to be fair to him he was at the helm so deserves some credit.

Still will never forgive him for taking our Ronaldinhio away! i was a young lad at the time and that saga killed me! Peter Kenyon pushed him close for annoying idiot award mind lol

Well, we lost out on Beckham to Real Madrid so we had to do something. Got Ronnie and we can today clearly see which transfer was better :lol:

Stric

There have also been claims that Guardiola won't try to buy any Barca players unless Barcelona want to sell.

DonAK

There have also been claims that Guardiola won't try to buy any Barca players unless Barcelona want to sell.

Pep promised to not buy or try to buy any players unless the player(s) was asking for a transfer as far as I know.

Thiago wants to leave so it makes sense too although I believe he'll end up at Man Utd anyway.

So........

Would make no sense, wouldnt he be in the same situation hes in now? how is he going to get games ahead of:

Schweinsteiger
Martinez
Kroos
Gotze
Muller

Ribery and Robben play the wide roles, that leaves 1 off the front role with has to be Gotze seeing as hes just cost a fortune so where do Kroos and Muller fit in never mind Thiago?

Not sure your board would want to arm your former manager and european conquerors with another great player either?

Home of Barca Fans