Thiago Translantara

Jadentheman

Well some people on here like the concept of a real #9 to help us in big game, but the problem is Messi. We could have Messi to the right wing or to the midfield, but then he would be encroaching on the others (Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, Alexis, Pedro, and Tello). We have too many attackers

Martindn

If thats what it takes id snap their hand off, we need Thiago much more than Rooney, not sure i believe a word of it though, why would Barca want Rooney?? where would he even play? plus Rooney in Spain?? he barely fits in culturally in England if were being honest about it.

Makes me seriously doubt the credibility of SPORT.

Id be fine if they paid us the 12m euros, as much as i like rooney he has seemed unhappy for a while, but i agree where would he fit in for barcelona, left wing? Has he not just had another child too.

If rooney goes back to being a CF can see him being deadly though.

Id be fine if they paid us the 12m euros, as much as i like rooney he has seemed unhappy for a while, but i agree where would he fit in for barcelona, left wing? Has he not just had another child too.

If rooney goes back to being a CF can see him being deadly though.

Its about needs must mate really, do we lack a great striker without Rooney? no, do we lack a great number 10 without Rooney? no, without Thiago do we lack a quality attack minded centre mid? Absolutely! ive said before me personally id love to see a Team with a core of Carrick/Thiago/Kagawa/Van Persie, it would lead us to play a more modern day technical fluid game in my opinion, something i do feel especially in Europe weve slipped behind in, footballs going strongly the way of these smaller agile highly technical players, our main rivals are stockpiled with them, Europes best teams all have them, Kagawa and Van Persie were fantastic signings for us last year, we just need 1 or 2 more.

But that headline is rubbish, Barca would never want Rooney, hed no way fit their system and hed be so out of place in Spain, if thats what it took though id jump at it honestly.

Well some people on here like the concept of a real #9 to help us in big game, but the problem is Messi. We could have Messi to the right wing or to the midfield, but then he would be encroaching on the others (Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, Alexis, Pedro, and Tello). We have too many attackers

Honestly cant see Barcelona shifting Lionel Messi to the wing to accommodate Wayne Rooney, Messi wouldnt allow it for a start, hed rightly look at your board members and say WTF guys!!?

Rooney is a class player. I would welcome him @ Barca if Tito had a clear plan where to utilize him.

He is, when hes interested hes a brilliant player, unfortunately a lot of United fans myself included have just grown tired of his tantrums and less than committed performances, his transfer request back in 2010 and what he said at the time (questioned our ambition and whether we were good enough for him!) left a sour taste in the mouth for a lot of us, i think some just see it as maybe best for all concerned if he left, i happen to think we would be a better team for it too, but i dont think he will leave.

I dont see him fitting in at Barca at all, your style of football is to technical for him, hed frustrate the hell out of you with his wastefulness in possession and to get the best out of him youd have to move Messi out of his position and put him wider, Rooney is nowhere near good enough to warrent doing such a thing, not to mention he wouldnt fit into your high pressing game, his fitness is a constant issue at United.

If he was willing to sit on the bench and be a rotation option for you guys hed be a worthwhile signing though.

Henry_IB

Banned
Even if he was the perfect fit for Barcelona, disregarding all the bad things the poster above me said, we still wouldn't get him unless he took a hefty pay cut. Thiago Silva was the perfect match for Barcelona and without a doubt the best CB in the world, also available for sale, but we didn't get him because of his salary and I think he demanded 170k per week or so and Rooney is on 210k or something and not even close to being best in his position.

Last edited:

alex88bg

As much as i love Thiago as a player i also value some other things that are not related to a football, and he dissapointed me so much.It is fine if he doesnt want to play for Barca but his reasons are just wrong.He is an adult and it is time to act like one for his own sake not to let his father interfere so much with everything.
Good luck and thanks for everything you would have become better footballer here ,maybe not as recognised as a standalone but better.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

You don't know that. This looks similar to the Neymar transfer drama so anything could happen. I would love if he stayed, but the signs are pointing elsewhere

You don't know that. This looks similar to the Neymar transfer drama so anything could happen. I would love if he stayed, but the signs are pointing elsewhere

Was there ever really any doubt Neymar was joining Barcelona? ive been reading about it for about 2 years being a done deal, i know Madrid tried to muscle in and steal him late on but was he ever not joining you guys? seemed a certainty.

Martindn

Was there ever really any doubt Neymar was joining Barcelona? ive been reading about it for about 2 years being a done deal, i know Madrid tried to muscle in and steal him late on but was he ever not joining you guys? seemed a certainty.

Thiago is almost a certainty if playing time is his wish, will things realistically change for him? You would think if barca had given him the assurances he wanted its likely he would of come out and rubbished the claims or signed a new contract, just like 2 years ago.

Inside La Liga @InsideLaLiga

ISF has learned that Barcelona midfielder, Thiago Alcantara will complete a move to Manchester United within the coming hours. Stay tuned..
1:19 AM - 26 Jun 2013

Who are these guys?

Thiago is almost a certainty if playing time is his wish, will things realistically change for him? You would think if barca had given him the assurances he wanted its likely he would of come out and rubbished the claims or signed a new contract, just like 2 years ago.

Inside La Liga @InsideLaLiga

ISF has learned that Barcelona midfielder, Thiago Alcantara will complete a move to Manchester United within the coming hours. Stay tuned..
1:19 AM - 26 Jun 2013

Who are these guys?

We really need to stop posting the same things mate, at least i was first for once this time lol

As for Thiago, i dont know, i thought it was almost nailed on a few days ago, maybe it still is, im just concerned at the time its taking and after what happened in countless other deals of similar nature (lucas moura, Eden Hazard, Wesley Sneijder, Karim Benzema etc etc) im naturally cautious i suppose.

Home of Barca Fans