Thiago Translantara

Martindn

We really need to stop posting the same things mate, at least i was first for once this time lol

As for Thiago, i dont know, i thought it was almost nailed on a few days ago, maybe it still is, im just concerned at the time its taking and after what happened in countless other deals of similar nature (lucas moura, Eden Hazard, Wesley Sneijder, Karim Benzema etc etc) im naturally cautious i suppose.

By like 5 seconds haha :p

Dont think time is an issue is it until we get august? Is that not when his release clause goes back up? I think this is about the only time we can be happy about having a really weak midfield, if he decides to depart its guaranteed to be us. He may not be the type to go to one of the noveau rich clubs either as his future would be uncertain and may not get the time to prove himself as he would with us. Its a big decision for him i would not begrudge him the time to decide hes been at barca most of his life.

F

Flavia

I have few doubts he'll be a man utd player next season. Everything points to it.

By like 5 seconds haha :p

Dont think time is an issue is it until we get august? Is that not when his release clause goes back up? I think this is about the only time we can be happy about having a really weak midfield, if he decides to depart its guaranteed to be us. He may not be the type to go to one of the noveau rich clubs either as his future would be uncertain and may not get the time to prove himself as he would with us. Its a big decision for him i would not begrudge him the time to decide hes been at barca most of his life.

5 seconds counts buddy lol

Oh no i know time wise theres plenty, i meant more from my point of view, like i say its probably just me being impateint and expecting/hoping for to much to soon, i just think back to all those other deals we were so close to and failed every single time, it leaves scars as im sure you well know!

But yeah Thiago comes across as someone who puts football and game time above financial reward, he wants to make the best of his career. i hope from a united perspective we tick all the boxes, youd think we do.

I have few doubts he'll be a man utd player next season. Everything points to it.

Ah yes but you havnt yet witnessed first hand our amazing ability to cock things up at the last minute, its an expert trait of ours, never give up when Manchester United is the potential buyer trust me, ive followed this team long enough to know we dont do transfers well usually, as for midfield transfers, youd have to go back to the extinction of the dinosaurs to find our last signing there!

Jadentheman

I wager it's the best destination for him especially since he seems to have United as one of his childhood clubs. Can you imagine if you get CR7 back? Thiago + CR7 linkup it will be an mindfreak

For what its worth this was the response from that twitter account 4 hours ago when asked about Thiago joining United:

"Still very much 50/50 as far as we can tell at the moment. Offer is there, but decisions still to be made"

So theyve gone from that to saying:

"ISF has learned that Barcelona midfielder, Thiago Alcantara will complete a move to Manchester United within the coming hours. Stay tuned.."

Dosnt seem like a troll twitter account from the looks of it but who knows, something must have happened to make them write it and i doubt they are going to get that many retweets posting at 2am in the morning.

I wager it's the best destination for him especially since he seems to have United as one of his childhood clubs. Can you imagine if you get CR7 back? Thiago + CR7 linkup it will be an mindfreak

If we got Ronaldo back id probably die in a pool of my own.....well you get the idea lol

Dont see that for a moment though, Perez is a complete pisskidney of the highest order and wouldnt want to be seen as the president who lost their biggest asset, especially as he wasnt even the one who signed him in the first place, a big grand renewal is what he will want.

I think he will come back when his contract runs down, as much as i would love CR7 back, for the amount it would cost to buy him right now - and for the future i would rather spend the money on bale.

Strangely enough i agree lol, but Levy will never sell bale to an English club and especially not us, he detests us after the Berbatov affair, he would probably happily accept 50 million from Madrid over 70 from us, not that wed ever pay 70 anyway.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm sorry but a Rooney-Thiago plus cash swap seems ludicrous...again, this is all media hype until we hear something definitive from Thiago himself.

I fully expect him to be be wearing red and blue next season :coffee:

Like real talk, he would be dumb to pass up the chance with playing with two of the best players in the world. Particularly when he can run the midfield at Barça by the end of the season if he becomes as unplayable as he was in the u-21s.

As long as Tito and Rosell really show some intent on their part, I'm sure they could convince him to stay for another year.

For UTD fans, Christian Eriksen says hi. I'm also not sold on Thiago meshing well in the PL but that's just me.

Welcome reds

Martindn

For what its worth everywhere is saying its close, holdup is due to character checks and negotiations, villanova wants to use the money for T Silva, is that even possible from psg?

Wasn't Eriksen signing for dortmund too by the way?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Money won't make a difference for the TS deal, It's down to the player (Man, I hope it happens). We could probably afford the TS deal without the Thiago money anyway even though PSG will understandably want around the same price they paid.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Money won't make a difference for the TS deal, It's down to the player (Man, I hope it happens). We could probably afford the TS deal without the Thiago money anyway.

Well we won't hear anything till after Confederations Cup and then we have to go through a two-three week drama after that into the preseason

Home of Barca Fans