Thiago Translantara

PaCmAn

Still not packed his bags for the sunny weather in Manchester yet? C'mon Thiago you slow fu..er.

ISF is just like every other twitter and Internet site, rumours.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
What in the world would we want Rooney for? Please no... I'd rather have 20M or so for Thiago is there is nothing that can keep him here, than Thiago+cash for Rooney.

Richard.H

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/06/26/manchester-united-transfer-news-barcelona-to-offer-12m-plus-thia/

"Manchester United transfer news: Barcelona to offer €12m plus player for Rooney" Nothing confirmed again, but looks like it may be true.. IF anything we will get it from the English side of the media as Spain is generally a bit more secretive, yet both have a fair amount of "fiction" so..

LOL wtf. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous. You and I both know Barca would never buy Rooney. Think of it logically, where the hell would he even fit in our squad?

spark

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/06/26/manchester-united-transfer-news-barcelona-to-offer-12m-plus-thia/

"Manchester United transfer news: Barcelona to offer €12m plus player for Rooney" Nothing confirmed again, but looks like it may be true.. IF anything we will get it from the English side of the media as Spain is generally a bit more secretive, yet both have a fair amount of "fiction" so..

It doesnt like it may be true at all.It looks like Sport pulled it from their ass as usual.

Papabeef

I also find it a bit over the board to pay 12mm EU as a difference if this is not a rumor, it would look like another Ibra -Eto fiasco (money wise), with Thiago's potential and form he would be closer to Rooney then that in my opinion.

Anyways Rooney is a great player, he has so much respect for Barca, Messi, the way we play and had so much respect for Pep (cant voucher for Tito but i hope), if this rumor becomes reality, we might be adding some real fire power at the cost of a real potential for Xavi replacement in all sorts of ways (sadly)... also looking at the current team MF positions look like they can handle if we loose Thiago, but the same can be said about AMF, SS or CF positions at Barca, especially with the addition of Neymar to our front lines.

Maybe there is a big sweep plan, Villa and Sanchez both out or something ? Yes i am over speculating.. but hey, why not...?

RVP20

As good as Thiago is/will be there is no value in us giving you £12-18m and Wayne Rooney. Complete nonsense story.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Rooney to barca makes perfect sense. We usually make defenders out of midfielders, this time we'll make a midfielder out of a forward - it's all part of a masterplan :tito:

Butaan4barca

I also find it a bit over the board to pay 12mm EU as a difference if this is not a rumor, it would look like another Ibra -Eto fiasco (money wise), with Thiago's potential and form he would be closer to Rooney then that in my opinion.

Anyways Rooney is a great player, he has so much respect for Barca, Messi, the way we play and had so much respect for Pep (cant voucher for Tito but i hope), if this rumor becomes reality, we might be adding some real fire power at the cost of a real potential for Xavi replacement in all sorts of ways (sadly)... also looking at the current team MF positions look like they can handle if we loose Thiago, but the same can be said about AMF, SS or CF positions at Barca, especially with the addition of Neymar to our front lines.

Maybe there is a big sweep plan, Villa and Sanchez both out or something ? Yes i am over speculating.. but hey, why not...?

heeeelll no. We already have alexis, tello and pedro for one position and if thiago stay, we might even not have that one spot for most matches. I don't understand why every body under estimates them.

S7_MUFC

As good as Thiago is/will be there is no value in us giving you £12-18m and Wayne Rooney. Complete nonsense story.
This is second time you've completely misunderstood another poster, Thiago's release clause is around £17m so there is no reason for you to think united are offering £12-18m + Rooney for Thiago.:banghead:

Home of Barca Fans