Thiago Translantara

El Barcelona

You act like he's even said anything, let alone be an ass to fans. It's not your fault that he didn't play but it's not his problem to care about what you think, it's his future not yours. Honestly so many people are acting like Thiago's an ass for caring about his own career instead of sitting patiently at a club that barely appreciates him to please some obscure fans.
I don't call him an ass but this hole saga has to end. How did you know that the club barely appreciates him?

footyfan

Calma, calma
In Thiago's case, it shows a great personal desire to succeed and I would imagine that that drive would be useful to any club. So if it does turn out that he doesn't leave Barca, as long as he shows the same passion again, I don't see what the issue would be. He is one of the best young midfielders in the world and it would be totally stupid to give him away because he flirted with Man Utd in a transfer season.

Ursegor

World Champion
There was no lack of playing time. He started 12 out of 19 games in La Liga in the second half of the season. As a comparison: Iniesta started 13. Fabregas started 14.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There was no lack of playing time. He started 12 out of 19 games in La Liga in the second half of the season. As a comparison: Iniesta started 13. Fabregas started 14.

I'm not just thinking about the outright number of games. I'm talking about specifics, like when Xavi was obviously injured/fatigued and when our CL campaign was finished and the league was pretty much won.

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm not just thinking about the outright number of games. I'm talking about specifics, like when Xavi was obviously injured/fatigued and when our CL campaign was finished and the league was pretty much won.

No, actually I am talking about specifics. Thiago was in the starting lineup in 12 out of the last 19 La Liga games (second half of the season). Iniesta and Fabregas only started 1 and 2 games more respectively. It doesn't get more specific than that. What does Xavi have to do with this? Xavi only started 8 games in the second half of the season.

qp9oopb6.png

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You make a point but there still were games where Thiago was unnecessarily benched, especially the last few matches where they could've kept his buyout clause from going down to 18m.

Jadentheman

We are going to lose him, I know it. Hopefully they will announce it on Monday and get this over with.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ursegor

World Champion
Man, he played he a lot once he was injury-free. I really don't know why people don't see this when the numbers are actually there for everyone to see. Look at this:

Thiago:

e8hnc3wy.png

Iniesta:

iv94ilm2.png

Almost identical share of minutes. It's clutching at straws to believe Thiago wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if Tito had played him a bit more in 1 or 2 games. All of this has nothing to do with playing time.

F

Flavia

In total minutes Thiago had 1000 minutes less than the previous season. He also didn't hit the 60% that would make his clause stay at 90m. It's not only because of minutes, but it matters in the end.

Tomchin

Almost identical share of minutes. It's clutching at straws to believe Thiago wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if Tito had played him a bit more in 1 or 2 games. All of this has nothing to do with playing time.
What are Thiago's stats in the second half of the season for the games that really mattered though (considering the league was essentially already wrapped up in December): CL and CDR? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's had a lot of minutes in those crucial games?

Ursegor

World Champion
In total minutes Thiago had 1000 minutes less than the previous season. He also didn't hit the 60% that would make his clause stay at 90m. It's not only because of minutes, but it matters in the end.

etsq735g.png

He missed 9 Liga games because of injury = 9 * 90 minutes = 810 minutes.

He also missed 5 group stage games in the CL because of injury = 5 * 90 minutes = 450 minutes.

And he missed 1 CdR game because of injury = 1 * 90 minutes.

All in all he missed 1350 minutes because of injury.

Home of Barca Fans