Thiago Translantara

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
etsq735g.png

He missed 9 Liga games because of injury = 9 * 90 minutes = 810 minutes.

He also missed 5 group stage games in the CL because of injury = 5 * 90 minutes = 450 minutes.

And he missed 1 CdR game because of injury = 1 * 90 minutes.

All in all he missed 1350 minutes because of injury.

What about stoppage time?

Ursegor

World Champion
What about stoppage time?

If we consider average stoppage time to be 3 minutes, then it looks like this:

9 * 93 + 5 * 93 + 1 * 93 = 1395 minutes. An additional 45 minutes through stoppage time. Not bad.

Conclusion: With better La Liga referees Thiago would maybe stay. No wonder he wants to join Manchester United. Fergie time makes the difference.

ShandyFFM

Funny to see you guys looking at all these stats. If Thiago wants to leave he will leave if not what i wish he will stay. No matter what statistics there are. You dont even know if this is true that he had something like this in his contract....

Man, he played he a lot once he was injury-free. I really don't know why people don't see this when the numbers are actually there for everyone to see. Look at this:

Thiago:

e8hnc3wy.png

Iniesta:

iv94ilm2.png

Almost identical share of minutes. It's clutching at straws to believe Thiago wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if Tito had played him a bit more in 1 or 2 games. All of this has nothing to do with playing time.

Genius! :worthy:

Finally someone using evidence!

spark

In total minutes Thiago had 1000 minutes less than the previous season. He also didn't hit the 60% that would make his clause stay at 90m. It's not only because of minutes, but it matters in the end.

1000 minutes because he missed 15 games. Why is last year the bench mark anyway. We played 3-4-3 and that is the only reason he got as much time as he did. Considering our formation has been strictly three midfielders instead of four he has actually played more in Barcelona's ideal formation this year because last year when ever it was 4-3-3 he didn't play except for one group game against Milan when he played on the wing. Something that they havent done more in the last two seasons because it would defeat the entire purpose of him learning tactical discipline at this stage in his career.

jamrock

its funny how people turn on players because they want to leave, he is leaving because he didn't play enough minutes when he was available and no about of stats can change that, the same people digging up stats are the same ones like most of us who were kicking up a fuss when he did start are get a good amount of minutes of the bench, in games we were always going to win before a ball was kick are that we can won the 50th minute.

if he leaves that's way he is leaving because he has a manager that did but much faith in him (no need for someone to show me a clip of him giving away a ball are whatever, just saying)

in the last four games of the season we played against bayern ,Madrid,durtmund and juvenile are that is what it would seem because that's the only reason for him and the likes of Montana to not start and play the full 90 in those games

big_man

its funny how people turn on players because they want to leave, he is leaving because he didn't play enough minutes when he was available and no about of stats can change that, the same people digging up stats are the same ones like most of us who were kicking up a fuss when he did start are get a good amount of minutes of the bench, in games we were always going to win before a ball was kick are that we can won the 50th minute.

if he leaves that's way he is leaving because he has a manager that did but much faith in him (no need for someone to show me a clip of him giving away a ball are whatever, just saying)

in the last four games of the season we played against bayern ,Madrid,durtmund and juvenile are that is what it would seem because that's the only reason for him and the likes of Montana to not start and play the full 90 in those games

Did you just ignore these FACTS then?

Man, he played he a lot once he was injury-free. I really don't know why people don't see this when the numbers are actually there for everyone to see. Look at this:

Thiago:

e8hnc3wy.png

Iniesta:

iv94ilm2.png

Almost identical share of minutes. It's clutching at straws to believe Thiago wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if Tito had played him a bit more in 1 or 2 games. All of this has nothing to do with playing time.

etsq735g.png

He also missed 5 group stage games in the CL because of injury = 5 * 90 minutes = 450 minutes.

1000 minutes because he missed 15 games. Why is last year the bench mark anyway. We played 3-4-3 and that is the only reason he got as much time as he did. Considering our formation has been strictly three midfielders instead of four he has actually played more in Barcelona's ideal formation this year because last year when ever it was 4-3-3 he didn't play except for one group game against Milan when he played on the wing. Something that they havent done more in the last two seasons because it would defeat the entire purpose of him learning tactical discipline at this stage in his career.

F

Flavia

I know. But the 60% reffers to the amount of minutes he was available. He hit 55%. It was really bad management, don't know on whose part. I'm not that bothered he's leaving, but for the cheap price. That's just bad business from Barça's side.

You dont even know if this is true that he had something like this in his contract....
About the 60% of minutes? Yes, it is on his contract. Not playing 60% of minutes he was available to made his clause decrease from 90m to 18m. Rosell confirmed this.

big_man

I know. But the 60% reffers to the amount of minutes he was available. He hit 55%. It was really bad management, don't know on whose part. I'm not that bothered he's leaving, but for the cheap price. That's just bad business from Barça's side.

About the 60% of minutes? Yes, it is on his contract. Not playing 60% of minutes he was available to made his clause decrease from 90m to 18m. Rosell confirmed this.

Bad management yes, the point plenty of people are missing here is that Thiago SHOULDN'T WANT TO LEAVE because he played 55% instead of 60%, the difference between the 55 and 60% had a massive financial implication, but what implication does playing 55% or 60% have on him? particularly when he was injured for 15 games?

zanela

I'm not convinced the current board or the technical staff consider Thiago as Xavi's successor. Whether its the non-catalan factor, his ambitious entourage, or him being percieved as an 'anarchist', the indifference, and lack of trust on both club and the player's side is quite striking. You would've thought for someone earmarked as this club's future MF mainstay, he would 've been protected more. But the club's delay in renewing his contract '11, and then failing to meet a clause allowing him to leave at a cut-price, and just being generally casual about it, the Cesc purchase at a time Thiago was making the step up, the persistence on the part of both MD and Sport, the club's media channels, to dress Thiago in a diff club color every summer, our rumoured interest in Gündoğan (who i suspect was the reference to sandro liking a certain german player), suggest the Barca-Thiago alliance isn't meant to be. And any effort from the club, even lackadaisical, appearing to keep him, has been to prevent any kind of backlash. And this circus will resurface every summer, till he eventually leaves in the physical.

F

Flavia

Bad management yes, the point plenty of people are missing here is that Thiago SHOULDN'T WANT TO LEAVE because he played 55% instead of 60%, the difference between the 55 and 60% had a massive financial implication, but what implication does playing 55% or 60% have on him? particularly when he was injured for 15 games?
I think this is more complicated than we are able to see. Thiago might feel not that valued by the club, or he wants to shine now, or he wants more money, all of the above, neither... What it's clear is that this is happening because of the darned 55%.

I'm not convinced the current board or the technical staff consider Thiago as Xavi's successor. Whether its the non-catalan factor, his ambitious entourage, or him being percieved as an 'anarchist', the indifference, and lack of trust on both club and the player's side is quite striking. You would've thought for someone earmarked as this club's future MF mainstay, he would 've been protected more. But the club's delay in renewing his contract '11, and then failing to meet a clause allowing him to leave at a cut-price, and just being generally casual about it, the Cesc purchase at a time Thiago was making the step up, the persistence on the part of both MD and Sport, the club's media channels, to dress Thiago in a diff club color every summer, our rumoured interest in Gündoğan (who i suspect was the reference to sandro liking a certain german player), suggest the Barca-Thiago alliance isn't meant to be. And any effort from the club, even lackadaisical, appearing to keep him, has been to prevent any kind of backlash. And this circus will resurface every summer, till he eventually leaves in the physical.
I agree. It's not the 1st time this happens, and in case he stays, won't be the last.

Jadentheman

+1 And at a time Xavier is declining as well they still don't play him. I never liked the Cesc transfer I knew it screwed Thiago up. Barca doesn't need to to say anything or plead Thiago because truth is Thiago Already got the message 1-2 years ago and the awaited pleading never happen or implied that they cared at all.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Thank you, that's what I've been feeling as well but failed to articulate as well as you did there...It'll be a big black eye on the club, IMO...I feared this when Rosell took over, we're going to see more of the 'old way' of doing things - politics and agendas being played out at the expense of the football

That, not Bayern or Pep, is what will end this era of hegemony

Home of Barca Fans