Thiago Translantara

i_bleed_blaugrana

Am I the only one on here who isn't buying the hype around this move?

The fact that this move hasn't happened when literally the entire world was saying it was going to happen Friday makes me think that this is still very 50/50. Again, if everything that's in these exclusive tweets and papers was true, this deal would have been done by now. Plus I'm quite sure either Marzinho or Thiago would have said something by now.

Each day that passes without him signing strengthens our chances of keeping him. I honestly think 90% of what's been said so far about this move has been bullshit.

At this point in time, all that is true is that Man U are interested yet aren't 100% confident enough to put in a bid. If Thiago's true intentions were to leave, this would have happened already.

Keep calm and trust in Thiago, I have a calming suspicion that he will end up staying after all this drama :coffee:

Vantheman

Am I the only one on here who isn't buying the hype around this move?

The fact that this move hasn't happened when literally the entire world was saying it was going to happen Friday makes me think that this is still very 50/50. Again, if everything that's in these exclusive tweets and papers was true, this deal would have been done by now. Plus I'm quite sure either Marzinho or Thiago would have said something by now.

Each day that passes without him signing strengthens our chances of keeping him. I honestly think 90% of what's been said so far about this move has been bullshit.

At this point in time, all that is true is that Man U are interested yet aren't 100% confident enough to put in a bid. If Thiago's true intentions were to leave, this would have happened already.

Keep calm and trust in Thiago, I have a calming suspicion that he will end up staying after all this drama :coffee:

Even if you say so, United have offered Thiago 3 times the wages he has at Barca. That's 140k/week. Unless you can better that even on monetary terms, he will never agree to stay. Money is the best lure for young players.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Even if you say so, United have offered Thiago 3 times the wages he has at Barca. That's 140k/week. Unless you can better that even on monetary terms, he will never agree to stay. Money is the best lure for young players.

Yes, maybe for players like Hazard and Götze. Just throwing money at him alone might not attract him enough. Here, he gets to play with the best players in the world and if he actually has a breakout season this year, he has a good chance to bench Xavi and get more money at the end of the season. Plus he's again, playing behind Neymar and Messi. It would take a lot of money to convince someone they could do better when they are already in a team like that.

This is still for sure 50/50 and the instant pay increase and chance to be the man at United might be appealing enough for him to leave. But he is taking a much bigger risk in his career to make that jump. He is far from walking into an ideal situation big picture and I could really see this move blowing up in everyone's faces.

If money and playing time is the motive here, obviously UTD are offering that immediately now, yes. But it's also a lot more risk involved with that move. At least for this year, he might take the safe route by staying here.

Either way, it's going to take a lot from Thiago personally to either a) claim his spot here or b) live up to very high expectations at United. He needs to improve his game (namely his consistency) to do either option, and based on the environment he's at now compared to what he will be in Manchester, the best for his development is still at Barça.

If he is going to leave, I think it will be more likely either this winter or next summer. But that's just my opinion

Doobs

The Messiah

Exactly why Neymar joined Barcelona..

Barcilliant

He will go to Utd and do very well there. He will have more freedom there since Utd are a more direct team. Losing the ball is no big deal in the ell unless its in your penalty box. They will build the team around hkm PLUS they are paying alot more money. I think Barca are looking to anounce a signing and then they will confirm thiago leaving. That is why they are keeping it quiet. Rosell wants to reduce the backlash this way

raskolnikov

Exactly why Neymar joined Barcelona..

Why? Neymar already made good money at Santos. It wasnt about money.
Its crazy anyway, every player at a topclub will be loaded when he is 35, going to united doesnt mean he will now pay his bills or be able to buy a car now, still the same luxery as at Barca now and when its over.

Doobs

The Messiah
Why? Neymar already made good money at Santos. It wasnt about money.
Its crazy anyway, every player at a topclub will be loaded when he is 35, going to united doesnt mean he will now pay his bills or be able to buy a car now, still the same luxery as at Barca now and when its over.

I was being sarcastic, my point was he didn't join us for money.

PaCmAn

Thiago wants to get to Manchester ASAP, Sun is shining, it's 73 Fahrenheit, I'm worried he will miss this good weather.

sailor

Thiago's mutism is killing !
I consider his silence as a torture to the fans and the club
This attitude shows a certain lack of conviction in what he's intending to do !
Fo God's sake make your decision and let the club settle the other burning issues !
If you stay, you're welcome, if you go, glad to see you go !

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Sarcasm is so hard to get across on the internet :lol:

Sometimes, what you said I understood as sarcasm right away though considering Real Madrid was his other option and it was said from the start he was offered more money elsewhere.

Dragon

I hope Thiago doesn't go, he is one of rising stars in Europe, it would be idiotic to let him, but let's hope if he does go he does a Fabregas and a Pique :lol:

Home of Barca Fans