Thiago Translantara

JamDav1982

Right. 37m then. It's still enough to get Marquinhos.

By the way you are looking at it there will only be 34m to spend next summer etc as the Neymar fee being paid.

I am not sure that is how the club approach it.

If it is then they did not have 50m to spend at the start of this summer due to fees being paid out for Cesc and Sanchez from last summer.

L

Learo

It could be a disaster if Thiago leaves.

And so far, the board has shown the exact opposite, as Stric said.

However, I'm not too pissed about the Neymar signing, in fact, I think he could become a great player for us (I don't like the price, but at least it's over 3 years so it won't affect this year's budget that much), especially after his performance at the confeds. Despite my little faith in management, I think it'll be a good window if we keep Thiago and get Silva (unlikely) or Marquinhos.

I disagree. So far, its been pretty good, but if we splash big money for Silva or Marquinhos, it will be a disaster waiting to happen IMO

By the way you are looking at it there will only be 34m to spend next summer etc as the Neymar fee being paid.

I am not sure that is how the club approach it.

If it is then they did not have 50m to spend at the start of this summer due to fees being paid out for Cesc and Sanchez from last summer.

And the way you're looking at it, we only have 6m to spend (50 - 16 + 3). I doubt we'd be being linked with Marquinhos and Silva if that were the case. And if it were, selling Thiago wouldn't be enough to get them. I'm pretty sure only 16m was taken from this summer's budget to fund the Neymar deal, and that we don't need to sell Thiago to get Marquinhos (not sure about Silva though).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Teams like Bayern, Real and ManU are so much better than they were a few years ago and I have the feel that we are getting weaker.

Ditto. Other than Neymar which is still a question mark for us, we are not getting any better while our competitors are getting much better. At this point it is really hard to be optimistic.

L

Learo

The rumor was that we bid 32 but Roma value him at 40.

Thats hilarious. Wouldnt even pay 15m for that guy.

But with Neymar in, we have done just what the patient ordered. A goal scoring left attacker with magic in his boots, able to relieve the dependency on Messi. Doesnt get anymore perfect than that. And iniesta and cesc will concentrate on the midfield duties as a result.

JamDav1982

And the way you're looking at it, we only have 6m to spend (50 - 16 + 3). I doubt we'd be being linked with Marquinhos and Silva if that were the case. And if it were, selling Thiago wouldn't be enough to get them. I'm pretty sure only 16m was taken from this summer's budget to fund the Neymar deal.

Ok but then you need to consider the fees paid for Cesc, Song and Sanchez for this season and take that away from the 50m budget also.

My guess would be the club will try to keep as even as they can the transfers in/out over a season and adjust it as they go.

I dont think that they see Neymar as only taking up 16m of this seasons budget.

Do that a few seasons in a row and you will arrive at a summer with no money to spend.

L

Learo

I think installments are just assumed to be part of the budget when the transfer was made. So I think the Neymar money is included in this summers budget but I also think that the management see Neymar as a special case because of the huge cash revenue he brings in terms of merchandise, sponsorships etc, so it is more of an investment than other transfers. So Im guessing we could assume we have about 35-40m allocated left.

XaviMessiGirl

But with Neymar in, we have done just what the patient ordered. A goal scoring left attacker with magic in his boots, able to relieve the dependency on Messi. Doesnt get anymore perfect than that. And iniesta and cesc will concentrate on the midfield duties as a result.

There are very very few players that I think are ACTUALLY worth 40m+, but that's today's market for you. I still think he would be a fantastic signing though.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

True dat, Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc in midfield + we can start to play Song both on DM and CM. IF Thiago leaves we don't have to buy another midfielder until maybe next season when Xavi doesn't deliver anymore, but who knows, Xavi might bounce back and and do a superb 13/14 season. Imo, we need 2 defenders - 1 CB and 1 CB who can could also play LB/RB.

I think installments are just assumed to be part of the budget when the transfer was made. So I think the Neymar money is included in this summers budget but I also think that the management see Neymar as a special case because of the huge cash revenue he brings in terms of merchandise, sponsorships etc, so it is more of an investment than other transfers. So Im guessing we could assume we have about 35-40m allocated left.

I can see that happening as well. Though I'll go with what I said about 16m going out of this summer's budget for Neymar :p

Either way, I doubt we'd be being linked with Marquinhos and Silva if we didn't have 30m+ left. I even remember seeing a rumor that we put in a 32m bid for Marquinhos.

JamDav1982

Thats assuming they will use the extra money generated from Neymar will go back into transfer budget rather than clearing the debt.

Home of Barca Fans