Thiago Translantara

With their midfield? I don't see that happening.

Their midfield's as good as ours, but their manager is much better than ours when it comes to giving youngsters like Thiago chances and minutes. Plus, Tito seems to rate Thiago a lot less than Pep does.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://www.thebusbybabe.com/manches...ago-bayern-munich-manchester-united-barcelona

Thiago off to Bayern, say Spanish media - but it's unlikely to happen
By Callum Hamilton  @Callum_TH on Jul 10 2013, 11:29p +

Alex Grimm
Stay connected for news and updates Follow @thebusbybabe
Spanish radio station Cadena COPE has stated that Thiago Alcantara will sign for Bayern Munich, but it's not done just yet.

Spanish radio station Cadena COPE have claimed that Thiago has decided to move to Bayern Munich, and could be announced tomorrow.

That has, predictably, sent Twitter into meltdown, but it's not all bad news. COPE are, of course, just one source, and are as likely to be wrong as anyone else - see, for example, 'Sport's repeated wrong reports on this subject all summer.

To make matters even more interesting, the radio station has had previous run-ins with Barcelona. Their loyalties very much lie with their rivals, Real Madrid, and were successfully sued recently after claiming that Barcelona had been doping players, based on a questionable source from Madrid. They're no friends of the Catalans, and the chance to claim that their beloved former manager was about to steal one of their best youngsters from them may have been too good to pass up.

They claim that Thiago will be accomodated by moving Javi Martinez to centre-back. The flaw in this argument is that Bayern would then have to move one of the best box-to-box midfielders in the game to defensive midfield. In addition, Thiago is still competing with Mario Gotze and Toni Kroos. It's barely any easier to break into than Barcelona's midfield. There's also the fact that Pep Guardiola has repeatedly insisted he wouldn't make a move for the player, and that there have been no reports in the German media.

In addition, COPE are hardly likely to be the best-placed to know what was going on. If this was a sudden U-turn from Sport, who will actually have sources at Barcelona, or a new report in Bild, then it would be time to start getting very worried. But for now, it's probably best not to overreact to the news.

Of course, it could well be true, but... let's just treat this about the same as we would if this was a report in the Daily Star, shall we?

L

Learo

For the record, Pep said he would not take anyone from Barca unless they wanted to leave. He's a champion of men and can do no wrong, so keep your Pep hate to yourself particularly since these are nothing but rumours at the moment.

lol, this is ridiculous. its a dog eats dog world out there, it wouldnt surprise me if he went to bayern even if they seemingly have too many good players. Maybe Gotze will be used as a Messi clone while schweini, kroos and thiago will compete for those two positions, although i quite frankly think thiago is extremely overrated and that he will be further down the pecking order.

messid10s

If Guardiola plays 4-3-3 against stronger teams

Neuer

Lahm-Badstuber-Dante-Alaba

Martinez

Schweinsteiger Kroos/Thiago

Muller Gotze Ribery

Thiago would be in competition with Schweinsteiger and Kroos for a starting place.

If Guardiola plays 3-4-3 against weaker teams

Neuer

Boateng-Badstuber-Dante

Martinez

Schweinsteiger Thiago

Kroos

Muller Gotze Ribery

As long as Gotze plays as a false 9 and Muller on the right there is a place for Thiago. Lahm and Alaba won't be happy though.

JamDav1982

That's the point. It's not his style to seduce people. He respects his peers too much to sweet talk others in to doing what he wants. It's a totally different thing if a person has the desire to work with Pep, he hasn't influenced them directly that way.

You sound a bit infatuated with Pep.

He will not care that much for Barca and knows he wont have a chance of getting the established players.

In your world Thiago approached Bayern?

Get real Pep cares about himself and Bayern more than he does Barcelona now. As he should.

Stric

It would be very strange to see him end up in Bayern. The odds would be against him. But let's not forget, Pep is the guy who gave youngsters like Busquets and Pedro a shot ahead of some high profile players. I don't think Pep would or will buy Thiago, though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's a bit annoying because you're posting the same thing over and over again just from different websites.

I wanted to post stuff that's related to him and his case, especially those that I think offer different perspectives. If they bothered you so much, I apologize. Just don't click on the links.

Home of Barca Fans