Thiago Translantara

xxxxxx

If Guardiola plays 4-3-3 against stronger teams

Neuer

Lahm-Badstuber-Dante-Alaba

Martinez

Schweinsteiger Kroos/Thiago

Muller Gotze Ribery

Thiago would be in competition with Schweinsteiger and Kroos for a starting place.

If Guardiola plays 3-4-3 against weaker teams

Neuer

Boateng-Badstuber-Dante

Martinez

Schweinsteiger Thiago

Kroos

Muller Gotze Ribery

As long as Gotze plays as a false 9 and Muller on the right there is a place for Thiago. Lahm and Alaba won't be happy though.

Thiago wants to go to a team where he's a starter virtually every game, so Bayern wouldn't be able to promise him that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Seems like a lot of people here are bigger fans of Pep than Barcelona. Disgusting.

No I just don't understand what is with the aim to make Pep into "the enemy" just because he chose to leave and is now with Bayern. Just because he isn't with the club anymore doesn't mean that we should stop respecting or admiring him for some bullshit attempt to cast him off.

raskolnikov

Such a dumb boy, why the hell go to Bayern? their midfield is already crowded, didnt he want playing time? He could take over from Xavi this year but he just goes where Pep is.
Good luck with your career then if thats your logic.

Galning

Exactly. He is a superb manager. But after he left Barca, he has very little to do with Barca. He should not be untouchable.

Contradiction much? So he has nothing to do with Barça until he decides to buy one of their unsettled players... Then it's an asshole move. Okay, got it.
If Thiago leaves there's a lot of people to blame before it's Pep's turn.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Seems like a lot of people here are bigger fans of Pep than Barcelona. Disgusting.

This is unforgivable if it goes down like this.

I could live with Thiago moving to United because their midfield is depleted and he is looking for more club minutes and a pay-raise. Totally understandable.

JamDav1982

No I just don't understand what is with the aim to make Pep into "the enemy" just because he chose to leave and is now with Bayern. Just because he isn't with the club anymore doesn't mean that we should stop respecting or admiring him for some bullshit attempt to cast him off.

He is not the enemy but he is not a saint that will leave Barcelona untouched due to his love of the club as some seem to be trying to make out.

He cares more about himself and Bayern and to suggest anything else is being deluded really.

Pep becomes the enemy when he tries to lure away players like Neymar or Thiago and flirts with managing Bayern while he is in charge of Barcelona . Taking a bunch of staff is borderline too.

Remeber, Mourinho used to work for Barcelona too.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Contradiction much? So he has nothing to do with Barça until he decides to buy one of their unsettled players... Then it's an asshole move. Okay, got it.

Pep did say he wouldn't touch our players.

I'll be very upset with Pep if he talked Thiago into leaving Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He is not the enemy but he is not a saint that will leave Barcelona untouched due to his love of the club as some seem to be trying to make out.

He cares more about himself and Bayern and to suggest anything else is being deluded really.

Obviously Bayern is his priority right now, but the criticism for that really just spells out that people who are accusing him are still hurt about him leaving the club. This is a professional sport, not some exhibition of "Guardiola the Saint", why should he get the criticism for an unhappy and mistreated Barca player wanting to join him for various reasons? As Galning said, if you're going to make someone into a scapegoat for this transfer, then there are a lot more people responsible than Pep.

Stric

Pep becomes the enemy when he tries to lure away players like Neymar or Thiago and flirts with managing Bayern while he is in charge of Barcelona . Taking a bunch of staff is borderline too.

Remeber, Mourinho used to work for Barcelona too.

Nice job comparing that asswipe to the guy who gave Barcelona the best part of their history.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Of course the biggest blame shouldn't be laid on him, Tito rather. But, for someone like Pep who was part of Barca for so long, its ups and downs, and especially its glory days to take a player from Barca upon arrival at the new club, is not that nice. My personal opinion, and I am not trying to force it upon anyone!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans