Thiago Translantara

Meitux

As far as I know, Thiago played DM in only one match this season, and that was late in the second half. Nobody sees him as a regular DM. If anything, this season he further proved to be even more of an attacking midfielder than we thought earlier. Busquets and Song have never been used as CM in Barcelona. We could have this discussion for days, but in the end, all that matters is how their coaches are using them, not how we think they could be used.
Neither of them will be used as CM.Busquets to his usual DM role and Song propably again the the bench.Tito doesnt make changes...

Tomchin

thats not true. thiago played dm both under pep and tito. both busi and song have been used as cm, and tito has explicitly stated that he sees him as both cm and dm. pep has stated that he sees thiago able to play on 3 to 5 positions.
Thiago was never seen as a DM by Pep or Tito, maybe he played there 1 or 2 games (out of a total of 100) tops. He has way too much flair and gifts way too much balls to the opposition in order to be a DM.

DavidVillano1

Sorry for interupting. A german magazine build various squads where Thiago would start.
Everyone has Robben on there, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed out most weeks or gets sold.

Can see this line-up from Pep if Thiago joins, albeit he won't play week in week out...

Neuer
Lahm Dante Martinez Alaba
Schweinsteiger Thiago Kroos
Muller Gotze Ribery​

serghei

We'll be fine without Thiago IMO. If Neymar plays like he played in the Conf. Cup and if Alexis steps it up, we'll have a monster south-american trio in front that could destroy every defense. We have 3 problems to fix. Buy a great CB if not two, Pique cannot be our main CB, he's a partner for someone better at most.

We should definitely buy Marquinhos from Rome, he is a bigger talent than Thiago IMO, and he's 2 years younger. So, our central defenders must be on top this season - by the way, Bayern's defence doesn't look that solid at all, we'll see this season how they do.

Another problem we have is that both Dani Alves and Alba suck at defending. Out of the two, I'll keep Alves, bench Alba and transfer another left back, one that is similar to Abidal. Also, I will play Song more, he can be really good next to Busquets, for a safer defence.

Last edited:

Meitux

thats not true. thiago played dm both under pep and tito. both busi and song have been used as cm, and tito has explicitly stated that he sees song as both cm and dm. pep has stated that he sees thiago able to play on 3 to 5 positions.
Busquets played only as CM in 2008-2009 and he was sub when he was used like this and he came in few times at this role.Later when he got Toure's place he played mostly DM, i hardly remember him playing CM from then...

L

Learo

Thiago was never seen as a DM by Pep or Tito, maybe he played there 1 or 2 games (out of a total of 100) tops. He has way too much flair and gifts way too much balls to the opposition in order to be a DM.

the main reason for the low number of games at the position was of course that busi is never injured and the first name on the team sheet together with messi and xavi. pep will play thiago alot as dm in bayern.

Meitux

the main reason for the low number of games at the position was of course that busi is never injured and the first name on the team sheet together with messi and xavi. pep will play thiago alot as dm in bayern.
Remove someone vital for Thiago to play DM?not gonna happen

I

instinct

We'll be fine without Thiago IMO. If Neymar plays like he played in the Conf. Cup and if Alexis steps it up, we'll have a monster south-american trio in front that could destroy every defense. We have 3 problems to fix. Buy a great CB if not two, Pique cannot be our main CB, he's a partner for someone better at most.

We should definitely buy Marquinhos from Rome, he is a bigger talent than Thiago IMO, and he's 2 years younger. So, our central defenders must be on top this season - by the way, Bayern's defence doesn't look that solid at all, we'll see this season how they do.

Another problem we have is that both Dani Alves and Alba suck at defending. Out of the two, I'll keep Alves, bench Alba and transfer another left back, one that is similar to Abidal. Also, I will play Song more, he can be really good next to Busquets, for a safer defence.

Maybe, but Thiago is not the player to destroy every defence. He is the player who would replace our greatest midfield player. Can you think of any other young player who speaks spanisch, grew up in La Masia, is 22 years old and to destroy every player suggestions -> Who could we get with not more than 18m? Wilshere? Isco? None of them.

barca1899

Bayern Munich would especially want to sign Thiago to be able to play 3-4-3, with Schweinsteiger-Kroos-Thiago-Gotze in midfield. [md]

serghei

Maybe, but Thiago is not the player to destroy every defence. He is the player who would replace our greatest midfield player. Can you think of any other young player who speaks spanisch, grew up in La Masia, is 22 years old and to destroy every player suggestions -> Who could we get with not more than 18m? Wilshere? Isco? None of them.

As I said, Fabregas can play in the midfield and take over Xavi's role. Anyway, Thiago, IMO, isn't best suited for Xavi's position. He is more like Deco, a risk-taker who likes to dribble. I see him in a Ozil-like position, in front of the midfielders. As a 10, not 8, not 6. Out of all the players we have, he is more like Iniesta. I will play Fabregas in Xavi's role.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
4-3-3-variante-2.png
This one :worthy:
Dreamteam :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans