Thiago Translantara

Meitux

javi will definitely play alot as CB, so whoever is removed for thiago is more likely to be a cb.
Look,even if its like the line up Ccesc posted Kroos would be removed who is very good..,Otherwise its Muller for Gotze to play false 9 which i dont know if it will happen but Muller is a vital player for them too so...Im tiring to assume anything with so many options and Thiago hasnt signed officialy yet.Lets wait for the first official game of Bayern and then we'll see how it goes

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Only midfielders that are better are Xavi, Iniesta, and Busi. A lot would argue that Fab is not better than Thiago...

Who are this ignorants who would say that Thiago is better than Cesc? Thiago has done absolutely nothing to even warrant a comparison with Cesc. Cesc is the same guy who ran rings around a Juventus midfield consisting of Patrick Viera when he was just a teenager, Thiago has never put in a performance that beautiful against quality opposition. Thiago isn't even as good as Cesc was at 20 nevermind Cesc now, it's an absolute insult to compare the two.

Also, what the hell has Thiago done to be considered better than Song? Thiago has never even had as good a seasons as Song did in his last year at Arsenal. Song is top level proven, something Thiago is yet to achieve. The only people who would think Thiago is better than these two are those who either only watch Barca games and nothing else or those who only started watching football in the last few years.

I

instinct

As I said, Fabregas can play in the midfield and take over Xavi's role. Anyway, Thiago, IMO, isn't best suited for Xavi's position. He is more like Deco, a risk-taker who likes to dribble. I see him in a Ozil-like position, in front of the midfielders. As a 10, not 8, not 6. Out of all the players we have, he is more like Iniesta. I will play Fabregas in Xavi's role.

As I said, Cesc is only great as an offensive midfielder while Thiago is also good as a CM.

Brombi

Who are this ignorants who would say that Thiago is better than Cesc? Thiago has done absolutely nothing to even warrant a comparison with Cesc. Cesc is the same guy who ran rings around a Juventus midfield consisting of Patrick Viera when he was just a teenager, Thiago has never put in a performance that beautiful against quality opposition. Thiago isn't even as good as Cesc was at 20 nevermind Cesc now, it's an absolute insult to compare the two.

Also, what the hell has Thiago done to be considered better than Song? Thiago has never even had as good a seasons as Song did in his last year at Arsenal. Song is top level proven, something Thiago is yet to achieve. The only people who would think Thiago is better than these two are those who either only watch Barca games and nothing else or those who only started watching football in the last few years.

1. Okay you may be right about Cesc, but in a few years? No.
2. Song? Lol..

ShandyFFM

Illaramendi as a Alonso successor and we have Thiago as Xavi successor but let him go for peanuts. This is so wrong

Even thought they paid 38,5 for him he can play CB and DMF just what we need as last year with Martinez

L

Learo

1. Okay you may be right about Cesc, but in a few years? No.
2. Song? Lol..

but what has thiago actually proven? He is 22. no kid anymore. when he has played, and he has played plenty of games, how many times has he been man of the match? i cant remember many, if any.

serghei

This one :worthy:
Dreamteam :worthy:

Gotze is not Messi, nor Eto'o. He can play his best football in any of the three in a 4-2-3-1. If we transfer a solid CB or two and we learn to rest Xavi, we still have the best team. Let's not forget that Ribbery and Robben bothe have mileage. Ribbery will be 31, Robben 30. And we think about our Xavi in the next 4-5 years.

Stric

Funny how about a month ago, everyone was so critical towards Fabregas and he was allegedly miles behind Thiago... but now that Thiago is likely to leave, who gives a shit, because Fabregas is so much better anyway.

:VdB:

thats not true. thiago played dm both under pep and tito. both busi and song have been used as cm, and tito has explicitly stated that he sees song as both cm and dm. pep has stated that he sees thiago able to play on 3 to 5 positions.

As I said: "in only one match this season". I don't recall Tito ever using either of Busq or Song as CM. Care to point out which games we're talking about?

Last edited:

serghei

As I said, Cesc is only great as an offensive midfielder while Thiago is also good as a CM.

Well, you're wrong. Fabregas was Arsenal's playmaker all those years. He was to Arsenal what Xavi was to us. A lot of people think Xavi plays deep, he isn't playing that deep. Busquets is our DLP/DM. He starts the construction from a deep position, from there Fabregas can take over and orchestrate the attack. Fabregas cannot play in the 3 up front because he lacks speed. He is a better finisher than Xavi, yes, but lets not forget that not so long ago, Xavi scored some goals (10 in 2011 season if I'm not mistaken). 10 goals per year is a good sign that Xavi's position isn't that deep.

Mr Hulot

I don't agree at all with this argument. Cesc's performances in a completely different team, with completely different tactics (only ignorants compare Barca and Arsenal) all those years ago, have nothing to do with his current ability and the way he plays. Real life players aren't like Fifa, where they are every year better and better, until they reach a certain age, where they decline. Also, achievements have nothing to do with a player's performance. Just look the achievements of Torres. Is he a better player than Falcao because he won a Champion League?

Cesc was probably a very good player at Arsenal, but he is not a good fit thus far in Barcelona or he has declined as a footballer since his Arsenal days. Ignorants are those who don't watch the current games and support their arguments with games from years ago.

serghei

Funny how about a month ago, everyone was so critical towards Fabregas and he was allegedly miles behind Thiago... but now that Thiago is likely to leave, who gives a shit, because Fabregas is so much better anyway.

As I said: "in only one match this season". I don't recall Tito ever using either of Busq or Song as CM. Care to point out which games we're talking about?

Fabregas is a bad winger, with no penetrating force. He can't play in a 4-3-3 as one of the 3's. He showed that in numerous times, when he was played there by the great Tito. In fact, he's better in Messi's role than he is on the wing (although I wouldn't use him there either, as a false 9 I mean).

But Fabregas is a better midfielder than Thiago. When I speak about Thiago I speak about the future, not the present. In the present, he can't play in our first 11. That's why he left. Because he's a spoiled brat who wants to play even if he's not good enough to do that.

L

Learo

but it is a fact that the barca coaches sees thiago also as a dm, pep has already stated it. tito has already stated that song can be used as cm. simply isolating a few players to certain positions and saying that song or busi has nothing to do with thiagos playing time is just wrong. thats not how any barca coach or former barca coach operates. AMs are frequently converted to DMs (like yaya, busi), or to CMs like Deco or DMs are converted to CMs (like Xavi) or CBs. we need to accept that this is the reality of barca, its been going on for a very long time. we would still have messi and puyol playing on the right and xavi as our dm if we simply refuse to see what our coaches always do.

serghei

Cesc was probably a very good player at Arsenal, but he is not a good fit thus far in Barcelona or he has declined as a footballer since his Arsenal days. Ignorants are those who don't watch the current games and support their arguments with games from years ago.

Arsenal and Barcelona share a somewhat similar view of the game. Many experts have said that. Fabregas declined as a player because in Barcelona (and in Spain) he isn't used in his favourite position. The reason is simple: Xavi and Iniesta. Next season, when Xavi will be rested in lesser games, he will play in the middle and he will deliver. Fabregas is not a Neymar, nor a Messi. He is our next Xavi.

I want to see next season:

Xavi (Fabregas) Busquets (Song) Iniesta (Song, Fabregas). We have five great players for 3 positions. We'll be fine. Our problem is on the back four. Thiago was a solution for the future. Maybe, who knows, la Massia will produce a new Xavi in the next 4 years.

Brombi

but what has thiago actually proven? He is 22. no kid anymore. when he has played, and he has played plenty of games, how many times has he been man of the match? i cant remember many, if any.

Well he has won player of the tournament two times in a row at u21 euro cup, that's definitely something..
Other than his extreme sexy playing style, and sometimes really wicked interactions, he also have pretty good stats:

He averages 91.9% pass succes, which is pretty good if you ask me. 3 Man of the match and bear in mind he only played about 1400 minutes. Furthermore he averages 1 key pass per game, which compared to Xavi is 1.5 per game. Also he only has 0.7 turn overs per game, which also compared to Xavi is 1. And yes he is only 22.

Home of Barca Fans