Thiago Translantara

L

Learo

People already downplaying Thiago's ability :lol:

335e2gy.gif

I think ppl have been overrating his ability for far too long. ppl see him as some sort of equal to the greatest spanish midfielder of all time which is only because he is spanish from la masia, and playing at the u21 NT. i think it is ridiculous. xavi was a monster already at his age. we won 17 games straight in la liga with xavi totally dominating the midfield, running circles around the opposition.

i_bleed_blaugrana

This saga just took a strange twist with Pep's involvement. The fact that he announced his intent for Thiago and them blasts Rosell and co. soon after showcases just how much bad blood there is between the two. I am fully convinced that a big majority of Pep left was of how much he didn't like Rosell.

I'm sorry but if this move happens, it could very wise jeopardize both Pep and Thiago's career. A move like this is a dressing room splitter, Thiago won't enjoy the atmosphere and it will result in his form stuttering. I'm not saying this purely bc I want him to stay but there is something very strange with this saga, more so than the Cesc saga.

A part of me thinks this is Pep taking a shot at Rosell by trying to steal a star. It just so happens to be Thiago who is in the middle. Like I get it, Rosell is a weasely douche but it sucks that it carries over into the club. I hope a personal vendetta isn't why this moves happens, Pep could very well set the course of a very short and unsuccessful stink at Bayern.

Thiago's silence is strange tho...I really think what started as a bid to get more time here has escalated into something much bigger than intended. If his true intent was to leave and his mind was made, he would have came forward by now to just say he is ready to leave.

Why did Rosell turn his back on Pep?

#relectlaporta

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think ppl have been overrating his ability for far too long. ppl see him as some sort of equal to the greatest spanish midfielder of all time which is only because he is spanish from la masia, and playing at the u21 NT. i think it is ridiculous. xavi was a monster already at his age. we won 17 games straight in la liga with xavi totally dominating the midfield, running circles around the opposition.

Thiago is a fucking boss. He's just still a little raw.

In 2-3 years tops, he will be in his prime and will be arguably the most complete midfielder in the game. He's just not quite there now and this year in particular is key to his development.

As of his overall ability as a player right now, his best chance to succeed is still at Barça in my humble opinion.

I

instinct

Sorry for interupting. A german magazine build various squads where Thiago would start.

Here:

4-2-3-1-offensiv.png

4-2-3-1-defensiv.png

4-2-3-1-falsche-neun.png

4-3-3-variante-1.png

4-3-3-variante-2.png

A

Athletic

I just don't see how Thiago, Gotze, Sweini and Muller can start in the same team and if came to benching one of them it should definitely be Thiago.

I think Bayern would be much better of just buying a better striker, because Mandzukic and Pizarro are the weak link in that team imo.

Meitux

I just don't see how Thiago, Gotze, Sweini and Muller can start in the same team and if came to benching one of them it should definitely be Thiago.

I think Bayern would be much better of just buying a better striker, because Mandzukic and Pizarro are the weak link in that team imo.
I wouldnt bench any of them for Thiago either.They will have Lewandowski next summer for free as its been said but you never know,Mandzukic did fine in his first season he is a very good player

Last edited:

loozy

That's a ridiculous statement to come up with, Mandzukic was a beast, both nationally and internationally and Pizarro, whenever he played, was very good, too.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Lol Real Madrid are meant to have signed Asier Illarramendi for over 30 million euros and we are selling Thiago for 18 million euros :facepalm:

L

Learo

That's a ridiculous statement to come up with, Mandzukic was a beast, both nationally and internationally and Pizarro, whenever he played, was very good, too.

Mandzukic was a monster, but I disagree that he was a beast.

Stric

not at all. both tito and pep sees thiago as a potential dm player, besides, both busi and song are seen as CMs as well. i expect both of them to get plenty of CM minutes next season.

As far as I know, Thiago played DM in only one match this season, and that was late in the second half. Nobody sees him as a regular DM. If anything, this season he further proved to be even more of an attacking midfielder than we thought earlier. Busquets and Song have never been used as CM in Barcelona. We could have this discussion for days, but in the end, all that matters is how their coaches are using them, not how we think they could be used.

L

Learo

As far as I know, Thiago played DM in only one match this season, and that was late in the second half. Nobody sees him as a regular DM. If anything, this season he further proved to be even more of an attacking midfielder than we thought earlier. Busquets and Song have never been used as CM in Barcelona. We could have this discussion for days, but in the end, all that matters is how their coaches are using them, not how we think they could be used.

thats not true. thiago played dm both under pep and tito. both busi and song have been used as cm, and tito has explicitly stated that he sees song as both cm and dm. pep has stated that he sees thiago able to play on 3 to 5 positions.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans