Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He clearly was very keen on leaving, it was just a matter of where. Pep's call just happened to be the deciding factor.

I am not so sure if that was the case Don. It sounds like that he had little interest of going to Manchester United. If Guardiola hadn't called, he might have stayed. Guardiola was the deciding factor.

Guardiola. :thumbdown:

Meitux

I am not so sure if that was the case Don. It sounds like that he had little interest of going to Manchester United. If Guardiola hadn't called, he might have stayed. Guardiola was the deciding factor.

Its like in first place he thought a lot about it and propably picked Bayern,the phone call convinced him.But we never know what was in Thiago's mind

Galning

If we are to believe rumours, which everyone is doing in this saga, he already had a personal agreement with United.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

From the looks of the saga he already wanted to leave, he was just hesitant about United. Really he was just waiting for a better offer than them, and if nothing came up he would've decided between United and Barca which probably would've ended up with him going to United anyway because of Mazinho and the promise of a starting position. Pep's call gave him the alternative to United he was looking for, with a coach he truly trusted and wanted to work with.

I

instinct

992820_534545996595078_1002241020_n.png

mazp

Fans shouldn't be bitter IMO. Players have left this club before, a lot better players at that. I wish him nothing but the best. Sure it's dissapointing from the clubs standpoint, but what can you do. Did he make the right decision ? time will tell. And I still don't think pep did anything wrong here. He said wouldn't target barca players who didn't want to leave.
Thiago clearly did. I'd be more angry if he was going after someone like Iniesta.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Fans shouldn't be bitter IMO. Players have left this club before, a lot better players at that. I wish him nothing but the best. Sure it's dissapointing from the clubs standpoint, but what can you do. Did he make the right decision ? time will tell. And I still don't think pep did anything wrong here. He said wouldn't target barca players who didn't want to leave.
Thiago clearly did. I'd be more angry if he was going after someone like Iniesta.
He could anyway not go for players who don't want to leave... And btw Pep had a lot of role in Thiago getting unsettled in the first place. So I am entitled to be bitter and wish nothing but failure for both Pep, for back-stabbing, and Thiago, for being totally ungrateful towards the club that made him the player he is today

mazp

Once a player decides to leave, he's fair game to any club, imo.
And if Pep called Thiago, then he already had the go ahead from Thiago's dad, that his son was intent on leaving.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans