Thiago Translantara

Galning

Thiago wanted to leave, Cesc wants to triumph at Barça. Easy choice.

Don't want to add fuel to the fire because I think most of the comments about this saga have been over the top and I really don't wanna join in on a debate that's going around in circles, but that's an unfair comparison.
Fàbregas left as a youngster because Arsenal offered him more money and a chance to play first team football, something Barcelona couldn't. Thiago left because he felt he didn't play enough and he even accepted a lower wage. Now Tito has shown his confidence in Fàbregas on numerous occasions it's easy for him to say that he wants to succeed at Barcelona all of a sudden. Barcelona had to buy him back for 38M. Thiago received very little confidence from the manager. And no, before everybody goes on a rampage I'm not saying he SHOULD have gotten more playing time. I'm just saying that comparing him with Fàbregas is a bit ironic.

Stric

Don't want to add fuel to the fire because I think most of the comments about this saga have been over the top and I really don't wanna join in on a debate that's going around in circles, but that's an unfair comparison.
Fàbregas left as a youngster because Arsenal offered him more money and a chance to play first team football, something Barcelona couldn't. Thiago left because he felt he didn't play enough and he even accepted a lower wage. Now Tito has shown his confidence in Fàbregas on numerous occasions it's easy for him to say that he wants to succeed at Barcelona all of a sudden. Barcelona had to buy him back for 38M. Thiago received very little confidence from the manager. And no, before everybody goes on a rampage I'm not saying he SHOULD have gotten more playing time. I'm just saying that comparing him with Fàbregas is a bit ironic.

Yes.

Besides, everyone's talking as if Thiago is an idiot. Do you people really think the comparison is this: Cesc wants to triump at Barca and Thiago wants to triumph elsewhere? Do you really think that Thiago genuinely wishes to succeed at some other club more than he does at Barcelona? Nonsense. Of course he'd rather triumph at Barca than at Bayern (or any other club). He's just taking other very real and very solid conditions into the equation. The current situation (and the near future) won't allow him to triumph here, because there's still other players ahead of him. I'm very sorry to see him leave, but I understand why he did. Considering his age and his talent, he has a very promising future ahead of him. For the next few years, at least, that future and his improvement would only be very slowed down at Barcelona. I do, however, somewhat question his choice of club, because Bayern is also stacked in midfield. But surely he and Pep have an agreement. Thiago did the right thing for himself and for his career, even though if he could have it his way, he'd stay and triumph here. Just like Cesc...

Last edited:

Jadentheman

9ygeqeme.jpg

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

Besides, everyone's talking as if Thiago is an idiot. Do you people really think the comparison is this: Cesc wants to triump at Barca and Thiago wants to triumph elsewhere? Do you really think that Thiago genuinely wishes to succeed at some other club more than he does at Barcelona? Nonsense. Of course he'd rather triumph at Barca than at Bayern (or any other club). He's just taking other very real and very solid conditions into the equation. The current situation (and the near future) won't allow him to triumph here, because there's still other players ahead of him. I'm very sorry to see him leave, but I understand why he did. Considering his age and his talent, he has a very promising future ahead of him. For the next few years, at least, that future and his improvement would only be very slowed down at Barcelona. I do, however, somewhat question his choice of club, because Bayern is also stacked in midfield. But surely he and Pep have an agreement. Thiago did the right thing for himself and for his career, even though if he could have it his way, he'd stay and triumph here. Just like Cesc...

Not only did he have a bunch of mids ahead of him, he also had a coach who doesn't trust him and would rather play an injured Xavi. IMO the coach is the main reason Thiago chose Bayern, a coach that trusts him vs one that doesn't.

I fully understand Thiago's decision to leave.

mixer

Anyone else lurking on the BayernZone forums?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, most of them don't seem very excited about the transfer... Someone posted: "we're gonna have the best bench in the world" :lol: Some of them are calling it a strange signing. They think he's gonna be a backup for Schweinsteiger.

Anyway, they have worrisome feelings about him, they don't seem confident whether he'll perform as good as people are expecting him to.

Also, one of the comments I find funny somehow; "Willkommen and hope he will not be too unhappy by warming the bench."

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, most of them don't seem very excited about the transfer... Someone posted: "we're gonna have the best bench in the world" :lol: Some of them are calling it a strange signing. They think he's gonna be a backup for Schweinsteiger.

Anyway, they have worrisome feelings about him, they don't seem confident whether he'll perform as good as people are expecting him to.

Also, one of the comments I find funny somehow; "Willkommen and hope he will not be too unhappy by warming the bench.

That's what made me so jealous of those Bayern fans: Complaining after adding one of the world's brightest talents to their team. A luxury we will not afford.

Irish_Cules

Thinking about it now, I'm happier that he went to Bayern instead of Man Utd. I don't watch German football anywhere near as much as I do the Premier League which is what everyone watches here. I would have had to see him play every week and listen to United fans talk about him non stop. Now that he's at Bayern, I can try and pretend that he doesn't exist anymore. It's sad because I love watching him play but it's just too painful to even think of watching him at the moment.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I really wish he went to Man Utd, I like talent being spread out fairly evenly among the big teams as compared to what's happening now. Anything that makes the CL more exciting gets a big thumbs up from me.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Brazilian club Flamengo plan to claim part of Thiago's 25M transfer fee. The midfielder played for a short while at Flamengo in 2002. [md]

Home of Barca Fans