Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's tough seeing him at Bayern, but I'm surprised that after less than a week of being linked with them he's already laughing and making good friends with the other squad members. He provides flair and creativity to a Bayern team that was mainly focused on tactical and systemic discipline, which adds an entirely new dimension of their play to be magnified under Pep. With their team only getting better over the years due to the massive amount of young talent, we might see the first true monopoly of the CL trophy under this Bayern side. Barca's reign over Europe was perhaps the best in history but I think the Bayern squad is much better suited to knockout tournament competitions and will be the more likely team to really hog the CL for the next few years and will be absolute favorites to maintain it in 13/14.

Young players they'll have: Thiago, Kroos, Muller, Gotze, Alaba, Shaqiri, Martinez, Lewandowski, and I don't even know who their budding academy stars are...

Barca can step up and fight for top spot again, but Bayern are extremely formidable competitors along with many other clubs who are on the rise.

B

beautifulgame

Bayern still don't have players like Messi and Neymar and their CB's aren't THAT good. Team is very strong and balanced tho but Lets see what happens when likes of Chelsea park bus with Mourinho or Conte face them again.

Where they lack last year with the ball they will however improve, so I do see them being that much better than last year.

But I agree, are favorites.

aaron101

Bayern still don't have players like Messi and Neymar and their CB's aren't THAT good. Team is very strong and balanced tho but Lets see what happens when likes of Chelsea park bus with Mourinho or Conte face them again.

Where they lack last year with the ball they will however improve, so I do see them being that much better than last year.

They faced Juve last season. Juve didn't even score 1 goal just like us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Richard.H

They played arguably the most defensively-stable team last year (Juventus) and absolutely thrashed them.

Bayern with Pep will either be a disappointment or a huge success.

B

beautifulgame

Juventus will improve, trust Contwon't play them the same. They werent even at their best level last year when they played without Vuc and Gio

Butaan4barca

Why of all thiago ? I wondered. When pep started planning for byern, from Barca,the only player he called was thiago. Surprising ? I don’t think so. Here is my theory:
Well if you guys remember pirlo’s revelation that when the world was talking about ibrahomovich to barcelona’s rumors, no one knew that secretly he did receive a personal offer from the BOSS to join barca, who explained him with convincing ideas that he is the only player who could improve THAT BARCA TEAM. Why ? my guess : for his ability to drop deepest and find long accurate 40-50 yard passes, it would’ve provided a substitute surprise tactic for busquets clever short passes. As For everything else We had every one else. Now I think, what ‘the pirlo’ might have been to Barca, thiago could be to byern. I know the kind of player thiago and where has he been playing, but I seriously see this a serious reason why thiago was signed by pep even before gotez and I think A new thiago has just born. Well, Lets look at some differences in Byern and Barca:
1. Byern don’t have valdez to spread the ball into the mid-field with accurate passes right from the back, so neuer will find himself passing the ball in his comfort zone under the boss who just doesn’t likes to lose the ball.
2. Byern don’t have pique to make surprising long diagonal balls, something pep loves to have. And for which we bought pique, 25m Chyngriski, and we continued to accommodate DM with passing abilities in our Center Defense.
3. They don’t have busquets to provide quick short accurate intelligent passes to start attacks. Well they have others but busquets is the beast when it comes to tactical awareness.
So with the treble winning and arguably equally good midfield as Barca what does thiago brings to the table? I think>He will drop deep, a lot deep, probably as deep as you will find busquest. He will provide short smart passes, spreading the ball to the right players (busquests like passes) And above all he will have a surprise 40 yard pass to set free ribery, goetz, robben and company (he definitely is capable of that).
Now does that mean thiago’s game would be restricted to back court? Not really for a team staying in opposition’s half for 60-70 minutes of the game. He surely will be doing all what he does. And in offense he can easily hit those empty spaces created by his fellows in the opposition danger areas. Where messi was pep’s free moving forward, thiago might well be his free moving midfielder. A menace in the midfield and A midfielder without a fix position?
Well just a theory.

Last edited:

loozy

Yes.

Besides, everyone's talking as if Thiago is an idiot. Do you people really think the comparison is this: Cesc wants to triump at Barca and Thiago wants to triumph elsewhere? Do you really think that Thiago genuinely wishes to succeed at some other club more than he does at Barcelona? Nonsense. Of course he'd rather triumph at Barca than at Bayern (or any other club).

Did he not say that he wanted to be successful in football, not necessarily at Barca? *was some user's signature afair*

loozy

That's one of the biggest myth of last season. Badstuber, Boateng, Dante and van Buyten were all excellent. They surely benefitted from the overall defensive work the whole team put in but still, they were all class - very calm and organized and concentrated.

Dante is. Not sure about the others.

loozy

Dante is. Not sure about the others.

van Buyten was always very solid, not a world beater but he is a good squad player. Badstuber is very good and Boateng certainly surprised everybody; question is if he can remain on the level he played at last season (if he gets the chance and is not benched for Martinez).

Juventus will improve, trust Contwon't play them the same. They werent even at their best level last year when they played without Vuc and Gio

Those two players would not make much of a difference me thinks (one of whom was playing), plus Bayern were playing with their 3rd/4th choice CB and Toni Kroos was injured early on in the first leg
Juves main strength last year was its solid back line and combatant midfield, Bayern muscled them in midfield and the backline was getting a hammering on the wings and Mandzukic was hassling the Cbs to such a extend that they resorted to just fouling him. Also Juve do not have the players to exactly change their game...for now at least

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

It's tough seeing him at Bayern, but I'm surprised that after less than a week of being linked with them he's already laughing and making good friends with the other squad members. He provides flair and creativity to a Bayern team that was mainly focused on tactical and systemic discipline, which adds an entirely new dimension of their play to be magnified under Pep. With their team only getting better over the years due to the massive amount of young talent, we might see the first true monopoly of the CL trophy under this Bayern side. Barca's reign over Europe was perhaps the best in history but I think the Bayern squad is much better suited to knockout tournament competitions and will be the more likely team to really hog the CL for the next few years and will be absolute favorites to maintain it in 13/14.

Young players they'll have: Thiago, Kroos, Muller, Gotze, Alaba, Shaqiri, Martinez, Lewandowski, and I don't even know who their budding academy stars are...

Barca can step up and fight for top spot again, but Bayern are extremely formidable competitors along with many other clubs who are on the rise.

Holy crap, Muller and Kroos are only 23.. then Alaba and Gotze, both world class, are barely out of their teens.... That's scary
They don't have Lewa yet, if Mandzukic ends up being second choice/Plan B to a false 9 Gotze (and still performs well) then maybe they won't need Lewa and he, realising that, will join a top club REALLY that need a striker (Chelsea?), and that's all assuming he has a good season. He's has a good pre-season, but so had Aubameyang, I guess we'll wait and see (although Bayern are definite favourites to sign him).

Why of all thiago ? I wondered. When pep started planning for byern, from Barca,the only player he called was thiago. Surprising ? I don’t think so. Here is my theory:
Well if you guys remember pirlo’s revelation that when the world was talking about ibrahomovich to barcelona’s rumors, no one knew that secretly he did receive a personal offer from the BOSS to join barca, who explained him with convincing ideas that he is the only player who could improve THAT BARCA TEAM. Why ? my guess : for his ability to drop deepest and find long accurate 40-50 yard passes, it would’ve provided a substitute surprise tactic for busquets clever short passes. As For everything else We had every one else. Now I think, what ‘the pirlo’ might have been to Barca, thiago could be to byern. I know the kind of player thiago and where has he been playing, but I seriously see this a serious reason why thiago was signed by pep even before gotez and I think A new thiago has just born. Well, Lets look at some differences in Byern and Barca:
1. Byern don’t have valdez to spread the ball into the mid-field with accurate passes right from the back, so neuer will find himself passing the ball in his comfort zone under the boss who just doesn’t likes to lose the ball.
2. Byern don’t have pique to make surprising long diagonal balls, something pep loves to have. And for which we bought pique, 25m Chyngriski, and we continued to accommodate DM with passing abilities in our Center Defense.
3. They don’t have busquets to provide quick short accurate intelligent passes to start attacks. Well they have others but busquets is the beast when it comes to tactical awareness.
So with the treble winning and arguably equally good midfield as Barca what does thiago brings to the table? I think>He will drop deep, a lot deep, probably as deep as you will find busquest. He will provide short smart passes, spreading the ball to the right players (busquests like passes) And above all he will have a surprise 40 yard pass to set free ribery, goetz, robben and company (he definitely is capable of that).
Now does that mean thiago’s game would be restricted to back court? Not really for a team staying in opposition’s half for 60-70 minutes of the game. He surely will be doing all what he does. And in offense he can easily hit those empty spaces created by his fellows in the opposition danger areas. Where messi was pep’s free moving forward, thiago might well be his free moving midfielder. A menace in the midfield and A midfielder without a fix position?
Well just a theory.

1. Neuer's throws are as long as accurate as Valdes' kicks, and Neuer's kick aren't much if any worse than VV's.
2. Dante has a killer longball on him

Home of Barca Fans