Thiago Translantara

Meitux

Who would you rather compete with? The Don or Gotze?
Excuse me what you mean by that?That Thiago is better than Gotze?They share the same potential maybe Gotze higher but they play different positions anyway.Thiago will be used mostly as DM if Pep uses 4-1-4-1 and general he won't play too much in attacking midfielder position from the moment they have Kroos or Ribery or any of the other midfield players..for me personally Gotze has a secured spot in those 2 attacking midfielders.Depends on what formation Pep will use.But buy Gotze and bench him?Shame..

Last edited:

Garrus

It's not bogus if what he meanted is that the club didn't value him, aka not guaranteed him playing time. Which Tito obviously couldn't do, as there's 3 better midfielders than him at Barça. Pep seems to appreciate him more, so easy choice for him. Thiago has shown signs he wasn't going to wait to be xavi's heir since day one, maybe that's why I wasn't surprised or upset as many here seem to be, after he left.
"I wanted to leave and the club didn't do anything to make me stay."
"They knew I wanted to leave, but nobody from the club got in contact to [try to] persuade me to stay."
A by stander will quickly point out that this is a right out lie, But i gave him the benefit of the doubt, And thought that he meant it in another way.
By the looks of it, Nothing points to 'not giving him enough' time, When 'nobody' and 'anything' pops up in his comments.

BarcaGirl

After good amount of thought, They is what i think happened with him:

1-He wanted more playing time, Talked to tito, Tito said i can't guarantee you any.
2-Thiago decides to go to bayern
3-In the mean time, He had day dreams about how our club will panic and throw everything at him to convince him to stay, Because in his head he knows he's the best young prospect, But it doesn't matter, Cause he knows not going to change his mind anyway, But would've loved the attention, Which correlates greatly with his cocky attitude, And guess what, His 'signature' in his goodbye letter, That speaks volumes about how he looks at himself, Anyway.
4-The club didn't do anything to keep him like he imagined will happened , A MASSIVE BLOW TO THE EGO for thiago, He's in shock
5-Continues his plan to move to bayern anyway, while still in SHOCK.
6-He gets a strong back-lash on his twitter account from barca fans, Most of them being a 'traitor' and 'ungrateful, A close person advise him to make some move to enhance his image.
7-Thiago publish a goodbye letter, A PR move like expected.
8-Talks to the press and accuse the club of not 'valuing him', Accomplishing 2 things, To shift the attention away from him and cool down the back lash from cules (A continuation of the PR move), And secondly, HE HAD TO GET IT OUT OF HIS SYSTEM, STILL IN SHOCK :lol:

THE END.

:lol: that's brilliant

F

Flavia

"They knew I wanted to leave, but nobody from the club got in contact to [try to] persuade me to stay."
A by stander will quickly point out that this is a right out lie, But i gave him the benefit of the doubt, And thought that he meant it in another way.
By the looks of it, Nothing points to 'not giving him enough' time, When 'nobody' and 'anything' pops up in his comments.
Tito and Zubi talked to him before the euro21, when he told he'd like to leave. After that they did nothing to persuade him to stay, or talked to him. I don't think he's lying. It's the same silence treatment Abidal got.

Sounds like it was about wanting to get a higher wage imo.

Jadentheman

Excuse me what you mean by that?That Thiago is better than Gotze?They share the same potential maybe Gotze higher but they play different positions anyway.Thiago will be used mostly as DM if Pep uses 4-1-4-1 and general he won't play too much in attacking midfielder position from the moment they have Kroos or Ribery or any of the other midfield players..for me personally Gotze has a secured spot in those 2 attacking midfielders.Depends on what formation Pep will use.But buy Gotze and bench him?Shame..

Ribery plays in the forward position. My goodness are forwards the midfielders now?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why is everyone convinced that Gotze will be a false nine? Nothing about his past history suggests he will play there. Also Pep is using a 4-1-4-1 with a pure number nine in Mandzukic in every game so far (he might have experimented playing others there who play deeper but this is not a false nine).

He is not playing the same formation and tactics he used with us. Thiago and Schweini will alternate for the deep lying playmaker. Kroos and Gotze have the two spots in front, but Thiago will also play there. There will be a lot of rotation.

Meitux

Ribery plays in the forward position. My goodness are forwards the midfielders now?
Is that all you made of my post?He is a left winger but in 4-2-3-1 he plays further back in the same line as the attacking midfielder.If he is used in a 4-3-3 he is more forward,but thats irrelevant anyway with my post,i meant that Pep said he may use him as attacking midfielder...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who would you rather compete with? The Don or Gotze?

I get your point, but he can't compete with any of the two. Götze is heads and shoulders above Thiago. There is no way Guardiola will play Thiago and bench Götze. Either he figures out a formation to accommodate both of them, or he plays Götze.

Home of Barca Fans