Thiago Translantara

Meitux

Under Heynckes, Bastian was irreplaceable indeed, but Pep might value other qualities in his single pivot player. Götze and Kroos are both superior AMC, regardless of their nationality. Thiago is vers hyped at the moment but remember, he was a squad player during his time at Barca, the team that got schooled by Bayern over two legs last season. He wont get a lot more playing time at Bayern than he did at Barca, if any.
Schweinsteiger is not a defensive midfielder.Hes a central midfielder that is used as box to box with very good offensive and defensive abilities.Thiago is clearly a central midfielder but more attacking minded than others he can play in attacking midfield position but simply he is not needed there, as you say he didn't have a regular role here and Gotze Kroos are better players.Pep has shown that he will play 4-1-4-1 but had sometimes played 4-3-3 we don't know for certain which he will be using.If its 4-1-4-1 he will rotate mostly with Schweini for him to get rested,if its 4-3-3 he will rotate both in DM and central midfield position.

Another thing we don't know for sure is if Martinez will play in defence.

Der Kaiser

Schweinsteiger is not a defensive midfielder.Hes a central midfielder that is used as box to box with very good offensive and defensive abilities.Thiago is clearly a central midfielder but more attacking minded than others he can play in attacking midfield position but simply he is not needed there, as you say he didn't have a regular role here and Gotze Kroos are better players.Pep has shown that he will play 4-1-4-1 but had sometimes played 4-3-3 we don't know for certain which he will be using.If its 4-1-4-1 he will rotate mostly with Schweini for him to get rested,if its 4-3-3 he will rotate both in DM and central midfield position.

Another thing we don't know for sure is if Martinez will play in defence.

Pep is playing them 4-3-3 at the moment but I doubt he'll continue using it during the season. Götze is neither a central midfielder, nor a winger, nor a striker. If he wants to use Götze and Kroos to their full potential, he'll have to play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1.

Meitux

Pep is playing them 4-3-3 at the moment but I doubt he'll continue using it during the season. Götze is neither a central midfielder, nor a winger, nor a striker. If he wants to use Götze and Kroos to their full potential, he'll have to play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1.
Yeah i agree,its clear that all of them fit in 4-1-4-1.But one thing i don't understand is if you play with a lone defensive midfielder why would he use Thiago there,he doesn't have the best of defensive abilities.Martinez would be better as lone defensive midfielder and ofcourse Schweinsteiger as box to box,maybe Thiago is purposed to be used as box to box too but personally for me he needs improvement in defending.

F

Flavia

Just curious, but why you guys(the ones who think he's a traitor mostly) still care so much what will happen with Thiago? Will you watch bayern to follow how he's doing?

Darko

There are a lot of options for Pep,and I think he still hasnt chosen the "plan A" because Gotze as a false 9 with a midfield of Schweini,Thiago and Martinez in a 4-3-3 or Thiago,Schweini and Gotze in a 4-2-3-1 with Martinez as a CB could both work,I guess it depends on the opposition.

Elite-BkD

"It's Thiago, or no one." "He can play three, four, five different positions." "I need his qualities in midfield, I believe he is good for us."

Doesn't sound like Pep brought him in to ride the bench, and this attitude that he couldn't possibly perform better than even one of Kroos, Mueller, Schweini, Gotze is madness, and nevermind the fact that injuries do happen so he's very likely to get good minutes. Having a great season like Bayern have just done is not near as difficult as following it up with another, the whole footballing world looks at them differently now, even really good times in Europe will focus quite a bit on not conceding and scoring the occasional counter. It's something Thiago may well be more familiar with than at least half the Bayern players, if not all of 'em. Anyways Pep has a lot of really good, really versatile players and it should be interesting.

Jadentheman

I wonder if only of the players will get offloaded for Thiago. I know Luiz Gustavo is leaving, but is there someone else? There is only 5-6 positions and like 8 people competing for those positions.

Meitux

There are a lot of options for Pep,and I think he still hasnt chosen the "plan A" because Gotze as a false 9 with a midfield of Schweini,Thiago and Martinez in a 4-3-3 or Thiago,Schweini and Gotze in a 4-2-3-1 with Martinez as a CB could both work,I guess it depends on the opposition.
Well thats the point,with so many options we can assume everything.We need to wait for some official games to have a more clear image of what he will use.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just curious, but why you guys(the ones who think he's a traitor mostly) still care so much what will happen with Thiago? Will you watch bayern to follow how he's doing?
Just so we feel happy when his move flops so bad that Thiago would feel disgraced for having agreed to back-stab the club and begs to return...

Meitux

I wonder if only of the players will get offloaded for Thiago. I know Luiz Gustavo is leaving, but is there someone else? There is only 5-6 positions and like 8 people competing for those positions.
Hes not leaving,he said he has contract until 2015 and would like to stay.Arsenal have shown interest but i don't think he will be sold.

F

Flavia

Just so we feel happy when his move flops so bad that Thiago would feel disgraced for having agreed to back-stab the club and begs to return...

Seriously? Sorry, but that's so childish. If he's a big success, what will you do then, fall in desperation?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Seriously? Sorry, but that's so childish. If he's a big success, what will you do then, fall in desperation?
Feel happy the club saved me from all that pressure that he frequently causes to the supporters by saying he doesn't feel valued anymore!!

Besides, his attitude doesn't seem to be that of a leader... So there's more chance he would fail miserably anyway!!

Home of Barca Fans