Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ribery plays in the forward position. My goodness are forwards the midfielders now?

Jaden you clearly haven't watched Bayern that much. Ribery is not a foward in their 4-2-3-1 formation. The forward had been Mandžukić, Gomez, and Lewandowski down the road. Ribery is considered one of the 7 midfielders competing for up to 6 spots at maximum.

Meitux

I get your point, but he can't compete with any of the two. Götze is heads and shoulders above Thiago. There is no way Guardiola will play Thiago and bench Götze. Either he figures out a formation to accommodate both of them, or he plays Götze.
You really think if Thiago was about to play in attacking midfielder position he would be bought?they have enough already.He will be used in rotation for the DM position in 4-1-4-1 mostly and if they play 4-3-3 at central midfield.Im sure about Gotze having a spot in this team,it would be a crime benching him.

Most realistic line up if Pep uses Martinez in defence which we are not sure about it yet is:Neuer-Alaba-Dante-Martinez-Lahm-Schweinsteiger-Ribery-Gotze-Kroos-Muller-Mandzukic.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

I think Thiago is better than Kroos. He probably won't be in the starting eleven this year due to it being a WC year and the fans want to see German NT...erm Bayern Munich, but by 14/15 season he can take it.

Meitux

Its not like that at all,Kroos made exceptional performances last season and Robben wouldn't find a place in the team if he wasn't injured.We haven't seen Thiago having a regular season like him yet.

Der Kaiser

I think Thiago is better than Kroos. He probably won't be in the starting eleven this year due to it being a WC year and the fans want to see German NT...erm Bayern Munich, but by 14/15 season he can take it.

They are playing different roles at Bayern. If theres someone who should be worried, it's Schweini. Kroos as an attacking midfielder is way, way better than Thiago. Look at his numbers for the last few seasons. He's a beast.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
They are playing different roles at Bayern. If theres someone who should be worried, it's Schweini. Kroos as an attacking midfielder is way, way better than Thiago. Look at his numbers for the last few seasons. He's a beast.
There's no way Schweini would be dropped... So forget about him getting worried.

It would be funny if Pep goes through the same thing that AVB did at Chelsea :p

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

If Pep even thinks about dropping Mr. Bayern in a World Cup year, the Bayern Board and fans are gonna drop him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Noooo, not my beloved Bastian. They can't take away his spot. There will literally be a revolt.

On a serious note, Thiago simply does not have the box-to-box and defensive abilities Bastian has. Bastian distributes, he sets the pace, he is the central pillar of the team. Unseating Bastian? In Thiago's dreams.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

If you are right, then sayonara WC 2014 for Thiago.

Perfecto. :lol:

Meitux

Theres no need for Thiago to play as attacking midfielder when they have so great players there.He may rotate at sometimes but mostly he will rotate for the DM role in the 4-1-4-1 if Pep finally plays with this formation...Schweinsteiger is not realistic that will be dropped,only get rested at times and theres when Thiago will be playing..Anyway as you said Schweinsteiger has better box to box abilities sooo..they are very different players for me.

Der Kaiser

Noooo, not my beloved Bastian. They can't take away his spot. There will literally be a revolt.

On a serious note, Thiago simply does not have the box-to-box and defensive abilities Bastian has. Bastian distributes, he sets the pace, he is the central pillar of the team. Unseating Bastian? In Thiago's dreams.

Under Heynckes, Bastian was irreplaceable indeed, but Pep might value other qualities in his single pivot player. Götze and Kroos are both superior AMC, regardless of their nationality. Thiago is vers hyped at the moment but remember, he was a squad player during his time at Barca, the team that got schooled by Bayern over two legs last season. He wont get a lot more playing time at Bayern than he did at Barca, if any.

Home of Barca Fans