Thiago Translantara

ceefoo

To all the Goody-Two-Shoes

Please let me explain rivalry and football tribalism to you...

It is perfectly okay to hate on Thiago and Pep (within reason) as they were formally associated with our club and have now joined one of our biggest and most hated rivals.

My hatred towards them does not mean I do not respect their abilities and what they have given to our club. It is based on the fact that they have both turned their backs on our beautiful club to go to an inferior one that does not deserve their services.

As far as Thiago goes, I was desperately disappointed that he left as I believed he would have had a great future at Barca and with the loyalty and support we had shown him, this would have been the best place for him to develop and further his career. It turns out that Thiago has no loyalty to anyone, but himself. Some may say, who can blame him for wanting the best for his career. But do you really believe that moving to Bayern was the best for his career? I don't!

And for Pepe, he will ALWAYS be a Barca legend, even though I dislike the way he has behaved regarding "his friend" Tito and tapping up Thiago when he stated he would leave our players alone. For as long as Pep is at Bayern, I want him to fail MISERABLY. Because I detest Bayern with a passion and all they stand for. So it would be hypocritical of him to wish him all the best. That doesn't mean I want him to die horribly or anything though.

When Pep eventually leaves Bayern, I will stop hating him. Football is an emotive subject and we all have a deep and sometimes irrational relationship with our clubs. That's what makes it SO special, because we care SO much.

The great Liverpool manager Bill Shankly once said: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." I don't agree with this statement, but he was not far off.

This is football, like it or hate it. :peace:

Stric

The things I've read about Thiago, Pep, Bayern & Real Madrid the last week :VdB:

Yeah... at some moments, it looks as though a big part of forum users were infected by some kind of virus that makes you say all kinds of absurd things that have nothing to do with reason or reality.

Please let me explain rivalry and football tribalism to you...

It is perfectly okay to hate on Thiago and Pep (within reason) as they were formally associated with our club and have now joined one of our biggest and most hated rivals

Bayern are not one of our biggest or most hated rivals, how do you come up with this?

oz187

And for Pepe, he will ALWAYS be a Barca legend
I almost spit out my drink when I read this sentence lol.

The great Liverpool manager Bill Shankly once said: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." I don't agree with this statement, but he was not far off.

Yeah supporting a football club is more important, but, Barca is Mes Que Un Club!!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Part of the reason he left was to increase his chances of making the world cup squad. I pointed out how he has infact weakened his position while Cesc position has become even stronger. Unless he wants to displace a Premier League player for a backup position.

There's nothing absurd about what I'm saying.

Stric

Part of the reason he left was to increase his chances of making the world cup squad. I pointed out how he has infact weakened his position while Cesc position has become even stronger. Unless he wants to displace a Premier League player for a backup position.

There's nothing absurd about what I'm saying.

How has he weakened his position? And especially, how has Cesc's position gotten stronger? They're not even competing. You're making this stuff up because it sounds good to you, but it doesn't have anything to do with reality.

Meitux

:lol: Besides critisizing Pep and Thiago,did actually anyone enjoy the game?It was very entertaining and thats what really matters.Both of them played quality football, Bayern were missing some significant players but that doesn't mean Dortmund didn't play actually great.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
How has he weakened his position? And especially, how has Cesc's position gotten stronger? They're not even competing. You're making this stuff up because it sounds good to you, but it doesn't have anything to do with reality.

He wont get a call up if he is a bayern backup. Cesc is already a mainstay but with more playing time is sure to be in the squad.

You're right that they are not competing, but I find humour that one of the supposed advantages of his transfer won't happen and the guy preventing himfrom playing time in Barca is now even more likely to get a call up.

Schadenfreude

Last edited:

Stric

He wont get a call up if he is a bayern backup. Cesc is already a mainstay but with more playing time is sure to be in the squad.

You're right that they are not competing, but I find humour that one of the supposed advantages of his transfer won't happen and the guy preventing himfrom playing time in Barca is now even more likely to get a call up.

Schadenfreude

He wouldn't have gotten a call up if he had stayed at Barca either. Moving to Bayern did absolutely nothing regarding his NT ambitions and did absolutely nothing regarding Fabregas being called up or not (which he is 100% of the time anyway).

Home of Barca Fans