Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern were the Bad-luck-Brian of football teams today :lol: With the stupidity of goals conceded it could be argued that they "deserved" to win because of how they controlled the game. However I agree that by the end Dortmund looked more deserving because they had a stronger drive and threatened more.

Bayern didn't deserve to win today because other than controlling posession they were quite lacking (sounds like us sometimes :lol:). The game they really deserved to win was the 2012 CL final against Chelsea. Chelsea got completely lucky.

ceefoo

:eusa_think: Bayern are the best team in Europe atm, and if we want to win the CL again, we will most likely have to defeat them, therefore they are our "rivals".

And Bayern are:

- Basically the RMA of Germany
- They spanked us 7-0 on aggregate
- Have got our most successful ever coach as their manager
- Took one of our brightest La Masia products from under our noses
- Poached their rivals "best" young player and leak details of the deal to the press on the eve of the CL semi-final to cover up their presidents "financial irregularities"
- Act with impunity and disdain
- and their former "legendary" players behave like some kind of little mafia of Bavaria.

If that's not reason enough to hate them, then I don't know what is. :smug:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't get how Bayern somehow got stuck with the title of "German Real Madrid". They share some qualities with them (arrogant players, vast wealth) but other than that they really are more similar to us in terms of possession and technical football. Dortmund on the other hand are similar to Madrid as per counterattacking style and great physical qualities, yet draw comparisons with us for their humbleness and youth.

ceefoo

I don't get how Bayern somehow got stuck with the title of "German Real Madrid".
I wasn't aware they were stuck with the that tag. The thought of labelling them "The German Real Madrid" only occurred to me today, because that's what they remind me of.

And when it comes to footballing styles, it's true that they share similarities with us as BVB does with RMA. However, Bayerns football, although very effective, is not as pleasing on the eye as ours.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware they were stuck with the that tag. The thought of labelling them "The German Real Madrid" only occurred to me today, because that's what they remind me of.

And when it comes to footballing styles, it's true that they share similarities with us as BVB does with RMA. Although Bayerns football, although very effective, is not as pleasing on the eye as ours.

Nothing like the Real Madrid of Germany IMO, in Spain it is Madrid and Barca the two top dogs, yeah Madrid did dominate completely for a while but in general the cycle of dominance goes back n forth between Barca and Madrid wheras in Germany it is only really Bayern and then occasionall you get another team for a year or two then they disapear into irrelevancy, hopefully with Dortmund it will not be the case, hopefully Dortmund can compete with Bayern for numerous years

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Obviously the similarities are going to have a limit (Bayern sacrificing some beauty for pragmatic success, Dortmund being harder pressers than Madrid, etc.) but stylistically the counterparts would be Barca-Bayern and Real-Dortmund. If you wanted to bring morals and attitude into the mix, then yes Bayern seem like a "Real Madrid" type club with the money, arrogance, and trademark stealing players from rivals :lol:. However Barca and Bayern have very good relations as clubs, they aren't our sworn enemies or anything. Obviously there is a lot of tension with the 7-0 defeat and Pep being their manager, but so many people these days are choosing the wrong people to hate for the wrong reasons.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
BdSAlxU.gif

:lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Obviously the similarities are going to have a limit (Bayern sacrificing some beauty for pragmatic success, Dortmund being harder pressers than Madrid, etc.) but stylistically the counterparts would be Barca-Bayern and Real-Dortmund. If you wanted to bring morals and attitude into the mix, then yes Bayern seem like a "Real Madrid" type club with the money, arrogance, and trademark stealing players from rivals :lol:. However Barca and Bayern have very good relations as clubs, they aren't our sworn enemies or anything. Obviously there is a lot of tension with the 7-0 defeat and Pep being their manager, but so many people these days are choosing the wrong people to hate for the wrong reasons.

Footballing style doesn't have anything to do with how fans (or a fan) see(s) another club. Bayern play like us (in my opinion better than us since they are tactically and physically capable enough to utilize the wings, headers etc. much better than we did, certainly more complete than us), but that doesn't have any effect on me liking or not liking them.

They are not our sworn enemies like RM is, but since there are the best team in the world right now and given that they just humiliated us recently, we have a mountain to climb and we need to beat the best team in the world in order to regain our title again. In that sense, they are a major major enemy/rival, whatever you like to call it.

Speaking of the good relations between the two clubs, I wonder how much is left after the openly displayed banter between Guardiola and Rosell/Tito.

F

Flavia

Pep and rosell have their problems, but there is none with the clubs.
Comparing bayern to rm, regarding Barça, makes absolutely no sense. Not even Chelsea, that has more of a rivaling going on the last few years, has that same meaning.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pep and rosell have their problems, but there is none with the clubs.
Comparing bayern to rm, regarding Barça, makes absolutely no sense. Not even Chelsea, that has more of a rivaling going on the last few years, has that same meaning.

Forget about traditions and rivalries for a second, will you Flavia? I am simply saying, because Bayern is the best team in the world (who happened to humiliate us recently), shouldn't we have the sense of urgency to overcome them?? Shouldn't we set our goal to be beating the best team in the world?

If the answer is no, I have nothing more to say.

F

Flavia

Forget about traditions and rivalries for a second, will you Flavia? I am simply saying, because Bayern is the best team in the world (who happened to humiliate us recently), shouldn't we have the sense of urgency to overcome them?? Shouldn't we set our goal to be beating the best team in the world?

If the answer is no, I have nothing more to say.

But the answer is no. Barça goals are not that shallow. The goal is not to beat the best team, is to be the best one. To win everything, play the best possible, no matters the opponent.
Why should a team like FC Barcelona obsess on bayern?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah but there's no "hate" factor involved, unlike in traditional rivalries or consistently distasteful relations.

Depending on what "hate" means, I guess. Also it depends on how each fan sees it. I don't think there is right or wrong. i.e. "you can only hate Real Madrid, you can't hate Bayern".

Home of Barca Fans