Thiago Translantara

ceefoo

I think you're too obsessed with being "the best".
Do you not think Heynckes obsessed over becoming the best when his team lost the CL final in their own back yard? That they could break untold records last season en route to becoming champions of Europe and righting the wrongs of 2012?

That Heyneckes himself when his team were drawn with Barca and was asked by the media if he will be getting tips from Pep on how to beat the mighty Barca, only to reply: "I do not need to. I know Barca better than I know my own team" (paraphrase). Is this not the symptoms of obsessive behaviour?

Obviously if we win the Champions League we are the best even if we didn't face Bayern.
Winning the CL doesn't necessarily mean you are the best in Europe. When Chel$ki won a penalty shootout last year, no one was calling them the best team in Europe.

To become truly the best, a team or individual must consistently beat the best and dominate for at least a couple of years. E.g Ajax 1971-73, Bayern 1974-76, Liverpool 1977-78, Milan 1989-90 etc.

Barca dominated and consistently beat the best teams around from 2009 to 2011. For these three seasons they were considered, imo unanimously to be the best team in the world, and they proved it. Even though they achieved unprecedented success, they didn't win every title they entered, but even the competitions they didn't win they STILL dominated. That is the mark of a true champion. :king:

F

Flavia

I honestly think this Bayern-hate is almost as sad as the hate Arsenal fans & Italian football fans have for us. People are way to obsessed with them. They are not some holy team and aren't the devil either. I am just happy the sextuple is still ours :)) haha

Yeah :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
At least some Bayern hate can be explained in terms of being a Barca fan. On the other hand fanboyism never really feels in place.
I don't see this forum being named ThiagoForum nor Pepforum either.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Overall he did pretty good, even defensively making interceptions. Yes it was his error that led to the goal but he's not a natural DM, so it's too harsh to condemn him completely off of that.

F

Flavia

Overall he did pretty good, even defensively making interceptions. Yes it was his error that led to the goal but he's not a natural DM, so it's too harsh to condemn him completely off of that.

He was never really good defensively. I don't know what Pep was thinking, if he signed him to be a dm. It could even work out on the long run, but I doubt it will.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He wasn't standout defensively, but did better than I would've expected him to considering he has played there for 4 games.

Meitux

Yeah me too,but still he isn't so good defensively yet for that lone midfielder role.Someone with better defensive abilities should have this role.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He was forced to do too much defensively and suffered for it. IMO it's a crime to waste Thiago's natural ball skills on a DM role that requires quick ball release instead of deft ball retention.

In another more advanced position he would still make mistakes, because that is what Thiago is at this moment, but those mistakes would more offset by the positives he brings to the offense.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How come Martinez didn't play? Thiago-Kroos would've really helped Bayern in CM with Martinez there to back them up.

Jadentheman

He is an attacking midfielder. You guys bought into that Xavi hype and now he is being playing in a DM position and it doesn't suit him. Hope Pep stops with this silly experiment and throws him in the position where he can really shine and flair up the field.

He also still needs to understand his teammates and their movements.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Isn't Martinez also on the list of Conf Cup players who get an extended vacation?

Oh yeah, but then why did Dante sub in? Also considering Martinez didn't play much at all during the Confeds cup, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Meitux

He is an attacking midfielder. You guys bought into that Xavi hype and now he is being playing in a DM position and it doesn't suit him. Hope Pep stops with this silly experiment and throws him in the position where he can really shine and flair up the field.

He also still needs to understand his teammates and their movements.
He is a central midfielder but with more attacking style.Nobody said he would be similar to Xavi.And ofcourse at the moment there isn't really a position where he can sneak in.If Martinez plays in defence Schweinsteiger will have the lone role and will be used as box to box.In attacking midfielde position the duo will propably be Kroos-Gotze.

I

instinct

Isn't Martinez also on the list of Conf Cup players who get an extended vacation?

Maybe it's because Bundesliga starts earlier than La Liga. David Silva is also back in training. If they had vacation till tomorrow, there wouldn't be much time to prepare for the season left.

At least, that's what I'm suggesting.

Home of Barca Fans