Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pep will rotate the squad a lot. Thiago might not get all the big games in his first season, but he'll definitely get his fair share of chances and if he impresses he will get more consideration for a bigger role.

Meitux

The truth is that non of midfielders with defensive abilities didn't play.I don't know whats up with Martinez but Schweinsteiger and Gustavo weren't fit.Still Pep could sub Gustavo in,the same time he subbed Schweinsteiger.I think they would be more balanced with him in..

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Bayern loaned Dortmund at least 2 million Euro in 2003, so that Dortmund can make an ad-hoc payment to avoid bankruptcy. Without this payment, it would have been lights-out in Dortmund. I'm the last one to defend the Bayern-way but facts are facts.
That's news for me... Still I was just putting up the general perception. I, for one, don't really hate Bayern but I understand why they attract all that hate.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The truth is that non of midfielders with defensive abilities didn't play.I don't know whats up with Martinez but Schweinsteiger and Gustavo weren't fit.Still Pep could sub Gustavo in,the same time he subbed Schweinsteiger.I think they would be more balanced with him in..
what are you talking about!? He appreciates Thiago, so forget about him taking Thiago off for an inferior player

xavi_the_Boss

Pep's signing = very likeley a failure
Thiago= very likely failure lol

thanks to the "philosopher" Guardiola for stealing this "paquete" aka flop.

:lol:

Thats to early to say.But i don´t think Thiago should Play as Dm against Teams like Dortmund.Don´t know what Pep was thinking.
Dante upfront was funny though :pep:

SwiftGuyver

good start by Dortmund, happy they won the German Super Cup, now let's hope they can keep it up and win the Bundesliga this season...

nice to see Thiago continue to give the ball away easily and make stupid mistakes...

i hope we sign Gündoğan and/or Óliver next summer as they both suit Barca's midfield/Xavi's role more than him...

I

instinct

Thats to early to say.But i don´t think Thiago should Play as Dm against Teams like Dortmund.Don´t know what Pep was thinking.

It was like Martinez as a striker in the Confed Cup.

Jesus, what's up with the spanish coaches :VdB: :pep:

USWAY

I have to believe that Pep did not care about this game, and simply wanted to try Thiago as a DM.

No way in hell Thiago can play DM in the Bundi.

BerkeleyBernie

Overall he did pretty good, even defensively making interceptions. Yes it was his error that led to the goal but he's not a natural DM, so it's too harsh to condemn him completely off of that.

He did fine, and set up BOTH Robben goals with key passes to the assist player, and nearly assisted Muller for a third. Even the deflected pass that lead to the 4th goal was an excellent interception (the second in a row, actually, by Grosskreutz(?); Thiago had moved the ball out of the back easily to Pizarro, but Grosskreutz deflected Pizarro's poor long ball attempt; Thiago made the right pass after the recovery, but the lead angle was perhaps a few inches too far forward; on the other hand, he didn't want to leave the ball dangerously behind the receiving player. The main fault for the goal is really Pizarro's poor deflected long ball.

xavi_the_Boss

I have to believe that Pep did not care about this game, and simply wanted to try Thiago as a DM.

No way in hell Thiago can play DM in the Bundi.

Well he also used him there in all the other matches so far.Don´t know why Martinez doesn´t get used is he injured?

Home of Barca Fans