Thiago Translantara

SwiftGuyver

I find the notion of calling him traitor ridiculous quite frankly

He left because he knows he is a incredible talented midfielder who is 22 and should be playing alot, to become one of the best midfielder in the game and not be behind xavi inesta (obviously) and fabregas.

I would have much more liked it if it was fabregas who was sold, who would be much more effective in another team than barca, with his direct style.

Thiago fits barca much better, it is really a great shame that he is gone .

why is it ridiculous to call him a traitor?

we nurtured his talent from the age of 14 and gave him 101 first team appearances by the age of 22 at one of the top teams in the world, his chances would have only improved and increased but he left us to go to one of our strongest CL rivals where there is just as much if not more competition for midfield places...

i was gutted for a week or so but i'm starting to think this may have been a blessing in disguise...

Jaykob

why is it ridiculous to call him a traitor?

we nurtured his talent from the age of 14 and gave him 101 first team appearances by the age of 22 at one of the top teams in the world, his chances would have only improved and increased but he left us to go to one of our strongest CL rivals where there is just as much if not more competition for midfield places...

i was gutted for a week or so but i'm starting to think this may have been a blessing in disguise...

Are you a traitor if you hire for another company because you think it would benefit your career more ? A professional footballer has to be very careful with his career choices, as he has maybe 10 years to earn enough money for the rest of his life, if you are not employed in another fashion as a coach or something like that. Still those are the minority.

Xavi nearly left too, it turned out great for him, but could have easily ended in another way.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you comparing Barca with a company?
Yes, among other things, football nowadays is a business. But football is not just about career and money. And particularly not with Barca. If you don't understand this, then you must be new to this.

CatalinR10

He left because he knows he is a incredible talented midfielder who is 22 and should be playing alot, to become one of the best midfielder in the game and not be behind xavi inesta (obviously) and fabregas.

I would have much more liked it if it was fabregas who was sold, who would be much more effective in another team than barca, with his direct style.

I would have understood what you were saying if he went to Manchester United for playing time but he went to Bayern where competition is tougher than at Barcelona and where imo he won't even get the minutes he got last season with us. Here he would have compete for a spot with a 33 year old Xavi who is not going to play as much as in the last seasons.

So , in the end , I understand why some people would call him traitor. He was suposed to be the new legend in Barca , only in the end to go to the currently best team in Europe for ,,playing time " .

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes, among other things, football nowadays is a business. But football is not just about career and money. And particularly not with Barca. If you don't understand this, then you must be new to this.
yeah... you tell them man. cookies for you!!

Comparing a football club to a company is a mediocre analogy!!

Jaykob

Do you think the majority of the players would stay if barca didn't have that financial muscle, if they could only pay half the amount of wages they are currently paying? I think not.

Of course money is not everything , but it plays a big part, maybe the biggest.

As a fan you think different, its a different thing if something is a hobby or a job

Think of it this way, you know you could be one of the best players in the world, are 22, so not really that young any more, at an age where you should be playing a lot at the highest level, to develop further. If fabregas weren't here I am certain Thiago would have stayed.

Fabregas left at 16 as did Pique for more money and better sporting perspective, Thiago stayed till 22, why is he considered more of a traitor than them?

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Again you fall back into black and white portrayal.
I don't think all of Barca players would be here if Barca weren't rich but I don't see how that helps your argument in any way. You only talked about career and money while I pointed out there are other factors in football as well.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Fabregas left at 16 as did Pique for more money and better sporting perspective, Thiago stayed till 22, why is he considered more of a traitor than them?

Because Thiago was going to be paid quite a bit and get all the playing time he could have wanted, while Fab and Pique left for playing time and returned, something I don't see Thiago doing.

Jaykob

Again you fall back into black and white portrayal.
I don't think all of Barca players would be here if Barca weren't rich but I don't see how that helps your argument in any way. You only talked about career and money while I pointed out there are other factors in football as well.

I didn't deny there were other factors. i just pointed out factors that are more important. Career perspective and money are the most important factors for the majority of players.

I love barca, the philosophy how the club is run, but that doesn't mean I am blind to reality

Jaykob

Because Thiago was going to be paid quite a bit and get all the playing time he could have wanted, while Fab and Pique left for playing time and returned, something I don't see Thiago doing.

The situation is not exactly the same, but still similar.

Fabregas is the next in line when xavi plays less, not thiago . Xavi will probably play 2 or 3 more years, iniesta much longer . At bayern he will fairly certain be in the starting line-up, playing for his former coach, for the current champion of europe.

Also when Thiago left, tito was still coach which definitely was also a factor for his decision.

coura

Banned

What has done Thiago in barça? I mean real things, not the so called potential.
Fabregas has been one of the best players in the last 2 seasons.

mixer

Fabregas is one of the best players in the world when he's on form. I'd pick him if I had to choose.

Jaykob

Fabregas is one of the best players in the world when he's on form. I'd pick him if I had to choose.

he maybe is one of the best players in the world but his style doesn't really fit barca. He gives the ball away a lot with careless passes, his positioning is not good , his technique is not on the same level as the other barca midfielders. Players should not only be judged on goals and assists , especially barca midfielders, how many goals did iniesta score last season ?

Fabregas maybe came from la masia , but he became the player he is playing in england and playing a different style

JamDav1982

He is not a traitor and the club did not treat him badly.

It doesnt have to be clear cut one way or another and no one deserves any 'blame' for the situation.

He was behind three of the best midfielders in the world and got as many minutes as he deserved if not maybe more so.

He wanted to leave and the club probably knew it would come down to he or Cesc going and let it happen.

Home of Barca Fans