Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You don't make any sense, even if Thiago is injured why do you think Martinez will get his role back? It doesn't change anything. Schweinsteiger won't be used as attacking midfielder and Pep trusts Kroos Gotze and Muller for this position. Schweinsteiger will always be played as box to box in that lone role..

Hold the horses, mister.

I was alluding to the the fact that many Bayern fans are hoping that they will switch back to the old 4-2-3-1 from the current 4-1-4-1 that is giving them very little protection in the midfield, one of a few things that Guardiola had been criticized for.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Didn't you wished him literally break a leg ? So you must be happy ! Actually am not particularly sad either. A dont care if he stays injured the whole season. He gave me a few very bad weeks. Don't like him anymore.

Well, having said that, being aware of karma and what it can bring, I don't want our players to be subject to the same fate, so I am not in a celebratory mood.

Let me say this; I am not particularly upset about his injury. How does that sound?

Meitux

Hold the horses, mister.

I was alluding to the the fact that many Bayern fans are hoping that they will switch back the old 4-2-3-1 from the current 4-1-4-1 that is giving them very little protection in the midfield, one of a few things that Guardiola had been criticized for.
Pep is gonna continue 4-1-4-1, there's no place for most of them in the line up for 4-2-3-1. Right now that Gotze is slightly getting back, i don't know if he will start all of the games at least for the period right now but he's a a regular place. Robben won't be out of the line up, Kroos either. The only one who struggled a bit is Muller but when he gets settle he will be a regular again. And this is without considering Martinez in the line up, if Martinez returns then 2 players have to benched. I don't know what is there on Pep's mind but the situation is very complicated at the moment.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kroos doesn't have a guaranteed starting spot like Robbery do. Agreed that Götze will be a regular starter. Even if Guardiola insists to play 4-1-4-1, there will be three players competing for the one remaining spot: Müller, Kroos, and Thiago.

Poor Martinez. Like I said, he is unlikely to start over Dante or Boateng since both are real, proper CBs, so he will become a fringe player who will likely to be out. A great player being wasted because of Guardiola's stubbornness.

Meitux

Well Thiago was said to be the one to rotate with Schweinsteiger for the box to box role but he is a player capable of playing there, not much of competitor like the other two about this position. I think Mandzukic is a player who if he doesn't perform well for a big period will get benched, Pep likes the striker to move around the wing sometimes and he wasn't so effective, maybe Pep will play Muller. But seriously Kroos shouldn't be benched, he's been very good since his return and he was exceptional last season until he got season..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Kroos doesn't have a guaranteed starting spot like Robbery do. Agreed that Götze will be a regular starter. Even if Guardiola insists to play 4-1-4-1, there will be three players competing for the one remaining spot: Müller, Kroos, and Thiago.

Poor Martinez. Like I said, he is unlikely to start over Dante or Boateng since both are real, proper CBs, so he will become a fringe player who will likely to be out. A great player being wasted because of Guardiola's stubbornness.
michaeljacksoneatspopcorn.gif

I know right? Let's see how the fans will react to an attacking mid fielder stealing the place of the lion i.e., Javi Martinez for the DM position

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well Thiago was said to be the one to rotate with Schweinsteiger for the box to box role but he is a player capable of playing there, not much of competitor like the other two about this position. I think Mandzukic is a player who if he doesn't perform well for a big period will get benched, Pep likes the striker to move around the wing sometimes and he wasn't so effective, maybe Pep will play Muller. But seriously Kroos shouldn't be benched, he's been very good since his return and he was exceptional last season until he got season..

Ha, Thiago playing the Schweini role? Good luck with that. Thiago is a perfect CAM, he is not a box-to-box player like Bastian. He offers very little to none defensively.

If Guardiola plays Thiago in the CDM role, I will be very happy because Bayern will concede one after another. :beer2:

Meitux

Ha, Thiago playing the Schweini role? Good luck with that. Thiago is a perfect CAM, he is not a box-to-box player like Bastian. He offers very little to none defensively.

If Guardiola plays Thiago in the CDM role, I will be very happy because Bayern will concede one after another. :beer2:
That's what Pep said and what tried, he just isn't a box to box and as you say doesn't have the best of defensive abilities, especially for a lone role but Pep wants him to learn this way too, so he'll have to improve his defensive abilities. But he's not a clear attacking midfielder, a central midfielder which is more attacking minded than other, you can't call him something different because of who Xavi is, different styles really.. Martinez is ideal for a lone role but Pep prefers a box to box player not a defensive midfielder who will cover back there. Schweinsteiger ain't moving anywhere, the only way for Martinez to get a place in the midfield is Pep to change the system to 4-2-3-1 to play alongside him. Right now i don't know if Boateng is very good but judging from the few performances of Martinez as CB in the friendlies he's better.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Anyway, back to Thiago: He was confirmed to be out until early November, not the 7-weeks that was initially reported.
Wow! May be it is indeed karma! I mean there's no way he could to head to Brazil now!! Isn't it the reason he ditched Barca by activating his buy-out clause?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's what Pep said and what tried, he just isn't a box to box and as you say doesn't have the best of defensive abilities, especially for a lone role but Pep wants him to learn this way too, so he'll have to improve his defensive abilities. But he's not a clear attacking midfielder, a central midfielder which is more attacking minded than other, you can't call him something different because of who Xavi is, different styles really.. Martinez is ideal for a lone role but Pep prefers a box to box player not a defensive midfielder who will cover back there. Schweinsteiger ain't moving anywhere, the only way for Martinez to get a place in the midfield is Pep to change the system to 4-2-3-1 to play alongside him. Right now i don't know if Boateng is very good but judging from the few performances of Martinez as CB in the friendlies he's better.

Did Martinez play as a CB in the friendlies already? I don't recall seeing that though. Boateng had his fair shares of blunders, but lately he is increasingly stable.

Martinez's best hope is go back to 4-2-3-1, which will work in Bayern's favor actually given that it will be a lot more sound defensively. But again, you are going to have 6 midfielders competing for 3 spots.

I envy their depth, I don't envy the pain that comes along with it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wow! May be it is indeed karma! I mean there's no way he could to head to Brazil now!! Isn't it the reason he ditched Barca by activating his buy-out clause?

There is no reason for him not to be called up for the NT squad if he performs well after he returns in November. There is still plenty of time and a lot of football to be played before the WC.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There is no reason for him not to be called up for the NT squad if he performs well after he returns in November. There is still plenty of time and a lot of football to be played before the WC.
I don't know man... He isn't an established player in the team for VDB to try and force him into the team. Sure, as you say there's lot of time left for him from November to WC but to establish himself as a DM, at Bayern, does he really have enough time?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans