Thiago Translantara

barcanuck

Was this the same injury as last season early or was that a different 2 month injury he had? The kid can't buy a break with these long layoffs. I hope he succeeds but the injury he had last year caused him to play less games obviously and now it will cause him to play less games this year too. That's ironic.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know man... He isn't an established player in the team for VDB to try and force him into the team. Sure, as you say there's lot of time left for him from November to WC but to establish himself as a DM, at Bayern, does he really have enough time?

I don't think Thiago needs to refine his role as a CDM to fit into the Spain NT (or Bayern for that matter). He wasn't a CDM for us, was he?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't think Thiago needs to refine his role as a CDM to fit into the Spain NT (or Bayern for that matter). He wasn't a CDM for us, was he?
Yes... But he is only gonna get playing time in that position at Bayern, admittedly from the few minutes he's played till now or the statement Pep gave about his new signing!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think others will have preference if del Bosque does introduce new players (unlikely he is a conservative coach) such as Isco and Illaramendi.

This injury does affect his WC hopes.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Isco and Illaramendi have an advantage over Thiago now... It's that they are now at Real Madrid, playing for a top 2 team in Spain! And Xabi Alonso got injured for a long period which would increase the chances of Illaramendi settling down further and therefore his shout for a place in Spain NT!!

Meitux

Isco and Illaramendi have an advantage over Thiago now... It's that they are now at Real Madrid, playing for a top 2 team in Spain! And Xabi Alonso got injured for a long period which would increase the chances of Illaramendi settling down further and therefore his shout for a place in Spain NT!!
Surely it's Illarramendi's time right now, but i saw Ancelotti using Khedira, is he's gonna be benched when Illarra is fit or what? Ancelotti seems to have faith in Modric.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Isco is quite likely to get a spot in the NT if he keeps playing like this for Madrid, and with call-ups throughout the year Del Bosque will get a good feel for how to use him.

Illarramendi is a big maybe. VDB might finally see that it's time to kiss Alonso goodbye, but his backup options for that would be to drop the double pivot all together or to use Martinez in that role, which makes it difficult to find a spot for Illarra. He might, depending on how he plays over the season and if he gets any consideration for a spot, but there's more doubt on that.

Thiago seems doubtful at this point. He's still finding his true place at Bayern, he hasn't broken out yet form-wise or looked notably impressive compared to the other Bayern players, and this injury just screws up any chance he has of being able to fully adapt to the team before mid-season. It's possible, but very unlikely at this point, it'll take time for him to get to his best and impress VDB.

Jadentheman

Isco is quite likely to get a spot in the NT if he keeps playing like this for Madrid, and with call-ups throughout the year Del Bosque will get a good feel for how to use him.

Illarramendi is a big maybe. VDB might finally see that it's time to kiss Alonso goodbye, but his backup options for that would be to drop the double pivot all together or to use Martinez in that role, which makes it difficult to find a spot for Illarra. He might, depending on how he plays over the season and if he gets any consideration for a spot, but there's more doubt on that.

Thiago seems doubtful at this point. He's still finding his true place at Bayern, he hasn't broken out yet form-wise or looked notably impressive compared to the other Bayern players, and this injury just screws up any chance he has of being able to fully adapt to the team before mid-season. It's possible, but very unlikely at this point, it'll take time for him to get to his best and impress VDB.

I hope signs aren't bad for both Deulofeu and Thiago. I don't want my only favorite La Masia stars to fail :(

Home of Barca Fans