Thiago Translantara

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
No place for him? That's the most stupid thing I've heard in a long time. Let's see how there is no space for him when an aging and overplayed Xavi is losing form or is catching an injury. Fabregas nor Sergio Roberto can replace him, they're too attacking and don't have the defensive qualities that Xavi and Thiago possess and that the role requires.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No place for him? That's the most stupid thing I've heard in a long time. Let's see how there is no space for him when an aging and overplayed Xavi is losing form or is catching an injury. Fabregas nor Sergio Roberto can replace him, they're too attacking and don't have the defensive qualities that Xavi and Thiago possess and that the role requires.
Lol, of course there is nobody who can replace Xavi, that's the main thing. That's why we change the game model, no one can retain possession like Xavi.

Maria

We have no place for him anyway, stop living in the past

Why does it bother you? He was one of my favourite players and even though I understand that not everyone liked him or that the club didn't considered him necessary or that he wanted to be with Pep more than anything, that won't stop me from regretting not seeing him play in Barca's shirt. And I don't think I'm hurting anyone.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm just sad that I didn't get to see him, Busi and Neymar playing for the same team. It could have been magic.

I think we see this scenario similarly and for some of us, the writing was on the wall once Rosell came into office...The things that have been going on the last 3 years weren't even imaginable the years prior...Will Thiago, Victor, Abidal & Pep be the worst things to happen under this regime or will it get even worse?

Meitux

Lol, of course there is nobody who can replace Xavi, that's the main thing. That's why we change the game model, no one can retain possession like Xavi.
That's your excuse? so what after Xavi we die? Yes Xavi is a unique player and because he's unique you certainly can't find same players. But that doesn't mean Thiago is not a player who can do this job right, he has proven already that he's able to do and also pose some better attacking abilities too. In the game with Dortmund he proved that he can control the game in a great way and also drive the team forward, the most important thing that impresses is me how good he is in fast passing and dribbling in tight areas.. Aren't that facts enough for you?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

Well, maybe it's not about replacing him with a carbon copy of himself, but replacing him with someone that is very similar. Someone like Thiago.

Last edited:

Maria

I think we see this scenario similarly and for some of us, the writing was on the wall once Rosell came into office...The things that have been going on the last 3 years weren't even imaginable the years prior...Will Thiago, Victor, Abidal & Pep be the worst things to happen under this regime or will it get even worse?
Most of the fans don't care for these things, the lies that we are being fed up weekly as long as we win. What's even worse, those that speak about this are being seen as bad cules. So I try not to think at Rosell anymore and hope for the best.

Well, maybe it's not about replacing him with a carbon copy of himself, but replacing him with someone that is very similar. Someone like Thiago.

And another thing: unless Samper lives up to the expectations we still have to buy a CM. And when it comes to Barca, there's no way that the other clubs wont rip us off.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Most of the fans don't care for these things, the lies that we are being fed up weekly as long as we win. What's even worse, those that speak about this are being seen as bad cules. So I try not to think at Rosell anymore and hope for the best.

I really don't care what others think of me, I can only be me and I'll continue to be honest...Too many sheep in the world as it is

And another thing: unless Samper lives up to the expectations we still have to buy a CM. And when it comes to Barca, there's no way that the other clubs wont rip us off.

Yeah, Samper will have to come good or there will be a major gap in talent in that CM position...but I imagine there will always be some young hotshot midfielder who dreams of playing for Barcelona

Howes

Just watched the highlights, Thiago was incredible. showing just how devastating he can be, on a fast counter-attack.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Who says we need a carbon copy of Xavi? To put it into as generic terms as possible, we need a deeper lying CM to fit our formation, even in our evolving system. Cesc, Iniesta, and Roberto aren't of that category. Would that hypothetical CM replicate what Xavi does to the exact degree? No, I'd assume that with our vertical play they'd be more box-to-box in style with more directness in attack and energy in defense, yet still be orchestrating things in the midfield and have the ability to maintain possession. The fact is that this new, non-traditional 'Xavi' or 'deep CM' role that our system is growing into, would've been even more perfect for Thiago to slot into with his added abilities.

But, as you said, that's living in the past. Looking ahead I'd nominate Oliver if we were to transfer and perhaps Samper if he develops. Oliver would slot in just as easily as Thiago would've if not more, but Samper will have to push up a bit and develop his style to be a more attack minded player.

DinhoR10

Who says we need a carbon copy of Xavi? To put it into as generic terms as possible, we need a deeper lying CM to fit our formation, even in our evolving system. Cesc, Iniesta, and Roberto aren't of that category. Would that hypothetical CM replicate what Xavi does to the exact degree? No, I'd assume that with our vertical play they'd be more box-to-box in style with more directness in attack and energy in defense, yet still be orchestrating things in the midfield and have the ability to maintain possession. The fact is that this new, non-traditional 'Xavi' or 'deep CM' role that our system is growing into, would've been even more perfect for Thiago to slot into with his added abilities.

But, as you said, that's living in the past. Looking ahead I'd nominate Oliver if we were to transfer and perhaps Samper if he develops. Oliver would slot in just as easily as Thiago would've if not more, but Samper will have to push up a bit and develop his style to be a more attack minded player.

Roberto actually does fit the category you've outlined, box to box but still great at passing.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Roberto is still undeveloped and stylistically he's more of an attacking mid like Cesc or Iniesta than a deep CM. He is box to box in nature which suits the system, but more on the forward venturing side of things than being the foundation of play

It's the reason that his game is built around great off the ball movement and carrying the ball high during quick transitions, as well as linkup around the box. The deep CM would be much more dominating on the ball and pull the strings, with the new twist of having quicker and more direct passes to keep the buildup alive and dynamic.

Home of Barca Fans