Thiago Translantara

JamDav1982

Thiago is the more talented player but who is the better all round player as they go forward remains to be seen. I would guess Thiago but the gap is not as big on here as some people are making out.

Some people are building up Thiago far too highly for what he actually showed on the pitch. He was never really controlling games at all and took a lot of risks in dangerous areas of the pitch.

Thiago has benefited massively from the poor Barcelona performances last season and people assuming he would have done better when in reality the bigger games he did play like away to an injury hit Real Madrid he was largely ineffective.

DinhoR10

Thiago is the more talented player but who is the better all round player as they go forward remains to be seen. I would guess Thiago but the gap is not as big on here as some people are making out.

Some people are building up Thiago far too highly for what he actually showed on the pitch. He was never really controlling games at all and took a lot of risks in dangerous areas of the pitch.

Thiago has benefited massively from the poor Barcelona performances last season and people assuming he would have done better when in reality the bigger games he did play like away to an injury hit Real Madrid he was largely ineffective.

More talented at what exactly? Dribbling? Controlling the game? I mean Sergi put in a great game against Celtic he may not have done a bunch of zidane turns but still played great.

JamDav1982

More talented at what exactly? Dribbling? Controlling the game? I mean Sergi put in a great game against Celtic he may not have done a bunch of zidane turns but still played great.

Thiago for me has more talent on the ball in terms of skills, passing range etc.

Dont get me wrong I like Roberto and was arguing at the time that he would step up and be a good replacement for Thiago. He may well go on to be the better player as well - hopefully he does.

The Observer

He came out and said he'd have 0 problems joining Real Madrid. A Barca youth player since age 14. Let that sink in for a minute. If Pep hadn't asked for him, he might have gone to Madrid. The rumours that his father was already negotiating with Perez were out there in the summer. And from RAC1 sources no less (http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/primer-contacto-del-madrid-por-thiago-2406382). :lol: @ some Barca fans still worshipping him. No self respect whatsoever.

DinhoR10

Thiago for me has more talent on the ball in terms of skills, passing range etc.

Dont get me wrong I like Roberto and was arguing at the time that he would step up and be a good replacement for Thiago. He may well go on to be the better player as well - hopefully he does.

Ok I understand that then, I'm just confused how everyone always talks about Sergi like he has reached his absolute peak as a player and that Thiago is going to be better than Xavi (I think Oliver Torres is better personally) . Though i believe Sergi is better defensively and won't get run over against physical opposition.

CesDel

:facepalm:

Thiago leaves a club that treated him like shit for a club IN ANOTHER LEAGUE that will treat him way better, and suddenly he's the next RVP/Figo/Ibra :facepalm:

Since when did Barca treat him like shit? The fans loved him, even prefered him over Fabregas, and, while he would have liked more minutes, he still play alot of minutes for such a young player in the club with the best midfield in the world. And he would have had more if not for his injury at the start of the season.

And now he says that about Madrid after spending so long time at the club? The guy's a bloody mercenary..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why are we even talking about him? He hardly played and when he did it was average. People are talking like a superstar left the club.

We have Xavi Iniesta and Cesc anyway.

JamDav1982

Why are we even talking about him? He hardly played and when he did it was average. People are talking like a superstar left the club.

I think he is brought up so often as there are some people that feel they have to have a go at the club at every single move they make and Thiago is an easy one to trot out time after time.

There were four very good midfielders at the club and he was the fourth best of them and didnt wait around or fight to change that.

Thats not a slight on him and he is entitled to move but Barca dont beg anyone to stay or throw more money than other clubs to sign players (exception mayve Messi!). They want players who want to be here and have a real desire to be part of the club. It is what makes the club different from the vasy majority of the rest.

The Observer

Treating someone like "shit" is what Real Madrid are doing to Casillas. An absolute club legend and icon in Spanish football who is even respected by Barca fans. Getting ousted by Palop's bench keeper for over a year now for no real reason (Real Madrid have never conceded this many goals under Casillas, 19 in 16 games now). Not Tito giving a youngstar 1800 minutes instead of maybe 2200 which he "deserved" according to armchair fans. In the most congested midfield in the world.

Some people here are just weird. No offense.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Are you really going to criticize a 22 year old for not being at the same level of Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc? Xavi himself was limping his way through the 2nd half of the season, hardly playing at the same grand standard that he is often held to. It's not about the level he was at in comparison to the others, it's about how much he had to offer. A young CM with great potential and style, easily capable of being a future starter for us is the kind of player with a lot to offer. Losing him was a blow, we are struggling to find someone at the moment with the same quality and profile hence the overplaying of an almost 34 year old Xavi continues.

Treating someone like "shit" is what Real Madrid are doing to Casillas. An absolute club legend and icon in Spanish football who is even respected by Barca fans. Getting ousted by Palop's bench keeper for over a year now for no real reason (Real Madrid have never conceded this many goals under Casillas, 19 in 16 games now). Not Tito giving a youngstar 1800 minutes instead of maybe 2200 which he "deserved" according to armchair fans. In the most congested midfield in the world.

Everyone knows that Thiago himself was rash in making the decision and is far from a diehard loyal Cule, but does that mean the club couldn't have handled it better? Was it really necessary to avoid playing him in the last few games of the season despite the league being won? Is he now apparently so bad that we couldn't afford to start with him in meaningless games? Thiago shouldn't have left, but Tito wasn't handling him very well either.

The fact that you are so passionately still lashing out at him now despite the debacle with the club being history speaks more to your bitterness than anything else really. It's over now and the smear campaign against him is getting tedious. If you like him as a player, continue to watch/admire, if not then why not forget about him?

JamDav1982

Thiago got around the minutes he deserved, no more no less.

Maybe they could have played him in the last few games to get a higher fee but that would not have stopped him wanting to leave and either he or Cesc would have gone. The better one stayed.

He is a great player technically but was not consistent enough to play Xavis role and not as good as Cesc or Iniesta going forward.

The club operates in a way that any player can leave if they want to and he did and was not unfairly treated in any way.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
There's always someone at fault/responsible for every transfer. It takes two to tango. If anything, Thiago leaving was not as bad a move as Figo's and the management's "inability" was not as grave a mistake as Newell's decision to not pay for Messi's treatment. The debate on it is making this far too big a deal.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
At this time Roberto is far from the level of Thiago. Can he become as good? Nothing is impossible but I doubt it.

You must not have followed the Spanish league for long... In 08-09 Casillas conceded goals left right and center.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Not criticising obviously he won't be as good at that age. Though it's true we have little need for him right now. The boy wanted to play much more often and you can't justify that with the players we already have who are better than him. He might have been able to replace Xavi but he obviously lacked the patience to wait for a couple of years. So he left.

Also I don't think he would have been able to replace Xavi anyway. At least it's not a certainty like some were saying. He has the technical talent but he is too forward thinking/flashy for that kind of thing. Xavi is good because he has intelligence, consistency and keeps it simple which is what's needed for that position. I don't think that's in Thiago's make up.

Home of Barca Fans