Thiago Translantara

gingerless

yeah and then you go on to have a massive grudge against cesc for leaving (being poached from) the club when things weren't looking so hot at the time

some perspective people

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Xavi, Puyol & Valdés were all negotiating contracts.

Xavi, Puyol & Valdés had won multiple leagues and european cups.

Xavi, Puyol & Valdes had proven their loyalty through years of service.

none of the above apply to Thiago.

:)

He nevertheless has fair few suitors! It's all about the power game!!

I don't think I need to mention he faced the very question I'm talking about in the same interview... What do you think about Cesc arrival!?

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
how are you bashing thiago and protecting cesc meta? sure, that's not a very smart thing to say, but i'd rather be honest like thiago then do what cesc did/is still doing.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
yeah and then you go on to have a massive grudge against cesc for leaving (being poached from) the club when things weren't looking so hot at the time

some perspective people

Cesc reiterates in every other interview that playing for Barca is his dream. Yet he jumped the ship at the first opportunity and now wants to return when it's flying high.

how are you bashing thiago and protecting cesc meta? sure, that's not a very smart thing to say, but i'd rather be honest like thiago then do what cesc did/is still doing.

exactly... not the smartest thing to say, but totally understandable for Thiago to say that

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Couldn't give a shit about his comments, the boy has huge talent and potential, and even a pay rise would still be infinitely cheaper than buying Cesc. Losing him would be ridiculously stupid.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
While context is likely important considering the line of questioning and the response from Thiago, no it wasn't smart...But judging him on this isn't being done in a vacuum either...If you look at the body of work of the player & what the dad/agent has been bringing to the table in the last year or so, it's not an isolated issue to misinterpret, IMO

impeh

Hi, its me..
kinda understandable though, he knows we're after cesc, and he knows that would give him less playing time..

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Exactly. And it's not like he hasn't shown any potential when he's been given chances. We're potentially going to spend around 90% of our declared transfer budget on one player, someone who'd go in ahead of him on the ladder, despite other positions being more shortstaffed. Not unreasonable to consider his future with all that going on. I very much doubt Pep or Rosell has sat down with him and said "we really want you here long term, but we may send you out on loan for a season to continue your development, please be patient".

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

look, Thiago can say whatever he wants to say. I just think this is an amusing smack in the face for those who used his "loyalty" as a stick to beat Cesc with.

if people wanna talk about loyalty they should talk about Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Valdés, and even Messi... those guys stuck around through the real bad times (especially Xavi & Puyol who were in the first team during it) and didn't leave. Thiago is no example of loyalty and never has been. he was threatening to leave (on a free!) just last season if he wasn't guaranteed first team football in 2011/12 ffs.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I think everyone should set their loyalty-meters aside now. I did not like those statements but I would not start speculating over Thiago's love for barca or his loyalty to the club. This just may show something a little clearer to those who can't see it:a young player who is talented and is not sure about their future or place in the first team are very possible to leave to club. So was the situation with Cesc but but his situation was worse because Barca was a sinking ship at the time and it's easier to be patient when the club is collecting trophy after trophy each season. I'm not saying it is the only reason Thiago has stayed with us I don't know him and his reasons. it's not that easy to judge these things based on pure speculations.

Tezemery

If those statements are correct Thiago has gone down alot in my personal opinion. We dont want Ronaldo type personality's if he doesnt care for Barca like alot of Cules and youth players do then get him out. Thiago is an amazing player and i think he will be one of the best in the world eventually, but this Barca generation are not just about great footballers and winning trophies but being humble and putting it all out there for the shirt, caring about the colors and the history.

Yugi

getting rid of most talented midfielder of this generation (along with wilshere) who can shine in next 2-3 years is really awesome idea

//edit
i know barca is more than football, its mes que un club but the guy is just 20 and they can instill love for the colors and club into him and responsibility to wear blaugrana

Last edited:

jamrock

As someone said lets not watch what his said, but what is done, he has been here 4 years longer than a certain player thats all i can say

P

PhilS

Thiago is no fool, which is to his credit. If Barca brings in a big-time offensive midfielder this transfer window, Thiago playing elsewhere next year could be the best thing for everybody. Bojan, Jeffen, Fontas or Thiago could be loaned or sold with buyback option, then come back much more ready to be important players for Barca.

Yaya liked playing at Barca, Barca like YaYa. But Yaya took an incredible offer from Man City, which has been great for him. Alves was certainly open to playing elsewhere. No honest player would deny that he would consider a chance to make significantly better money elsewhere, unless he was already near the very top of the pay scale.

Home of Barca Fans