Thiago Translantara

Barcafan 2304

Exactly. All the kid is saying, or perhaps what i'm reading any way into his words, is that if it does not work out at Barca, that's not the end of his life in football. Fair enough

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
his dream is not to be a success at Barça, his dream is to be a success in football and be remembered as a great player.

his only loyalty is to himself. if someone offers him more money or perhaps a better chance to play regularly or win stuff, he'll be off like a shot.

he sounds EXACTLY like Cristiano.

now there's nothing wrong with what he said. it's just sad to see a La Masia graduate talk like that.

I hope Rafinha has a different attitude, but sadly I doubt it.

jamrock

if someone offers him more money or perhaps a better chance to play regularly or win stuff, he'll be off like a shot: Cesc?

the whole i am to be remember forever part is what i am disappointed in, but he is a kid maturity will come along in time, if it doesn't we sell him for a few million euros and he leaves out the front door with his head held high, and not out the back

the whole i am to be remember forever part is what i am disappointed in, but he is a kid maturity will come along in time, if it doesn't we sell him for a few million euros and he leaves out the front door with his head held high, and not out the back

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if someone offers him more money or perhaps a better chance to play regularly or win stuff, he'll be off like a shot: Cesc?

Cesc was 16, far from the first-team, and we were a mess and showed little interest in promoting youth. Arsenal offered him first-team football in a year and he took it. but he's always maintained his dream is to play for Barça.

Thiago is 20, on the cusp of the first-team, and we are in a great situation and clearly intent on promoting youth. he's now revealed his dream is to be a great footballer and be remembered through history.

if faced with the same situation that Cesc was, Thiago would have been gone faster than you can blink. and you know it.

let's not forget that when he was 18 and had only made a couple of sub appearances in dead rubbers, he demanded a contractual guarantee of first-team football, under threat of walking away for free at the end of his contract.

jamrock

Cesc was 16, far from the first-team, and we were a mess and showed little interest in promoting youth. Arsenal offered him first-team football in a year and he took it. but he's always maintained his dream is to play for Barça.

Thiago is 20, on the cusp of the first-team, and we are in a great situation and clearly intent on promoting youth. he's now revealed his dream is to be a great footballer and be remembered through history.

if faced with the same situation that Cesc was, Thiago would have been gone faster than you can blink. and you know it.

let's not forget that when he was 18 and had only made a couple of sub appearances in dead rubbers, he demanded a contractual guarantee of first-team football, under threat of walking away for free at the end of his contract.

Chelsea made him an offer at the very same age as cesc maybe 17 and he rejected it immediately

Kids just frustrated like Bojan, Like Montoya, like Jeffren who have all registered their dissatisfaction about being constantly being linked has a make weight in various deals. if cesc comes he will be out i'm sure of it, nothing wrong with that IMO. which is pretty much what he is saying in PR talk.

Kids just frustrated like Bojan, Like Montoya, like Jeffren who have all registered their dissatisfaction about being constantly being linked has a make weight in various deals. if cesc comes he will be out i'm sure of it, nothing wrong with that IMO. which is pretty much what he is saying in PR talk.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Chelsea made him an offer at the very same age as cesc maybe 17 and he rejected it immediately

it wasn't the same Barcelona though, was it? the situation we were in whenever he rejected that bid was world's better than the mess that was 02/03.

sorry Jammer, you're reaching here.

Montoya and Jeffren have both said their preference is to stay with Barça and be a success with the club. yes, they have said that they are uneasy with the idea of being used as makeweights, but their loyalty and desire is clearly Barça-centric. Bojan is loyal beyond belief and has always maintained that he wants to succeed at Barça.

they all reacted one way to the talk, Thiago reacted another. he said he doesn't dream of being a success at Barça but just being a success. his loyalty and desire is Thiago-centric.

it may never be a problem, sure, but if we're being realistic there's a good chance it will become an issue once he actually starts to achieve his potential.

now it makes sense why Pep praised Bobby instead of him.

Onyi

Agree. And let's not forget just a few months ago he was promised promotion to first team next season, and now there are rumors about selling him to sign some big name players and Rosell didn't deny it , so I wouldn't blame him for being frustrated.

USWAY

What the fuck is with this over reaction in here!? Every body threaten the club that they have an option to be as good a player outside so they better be treated good here.

Even Victor Valdes did that couple years ago. Xavi came close to leaving some time ago. Puyi thought about it too!

Yeah rub Cesc every time on Thiago's face and he'd just sit down there like a puppy and say 'I discussed about my dream with the coach & he'll decide about my future!' GTFO seriously

Yup. It's not a big deal. But then again, I'm not one of the ones whose ever said anything about Cesc being unloyal. Highly doubt he'd be the player he is now if he stayed at Barca, just like Thiago probably won't if Cesc comes. How bout we give him a goddamn chance and he won't have to worry about where he'll be remembered for ever.

All this is going to do is give the Cesc-obsessed ammo as to why Thiago won't succeed and Cesc should be signed.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's all in the power game... The young player is showing a lot of potential. Probably there are numerous phone calls his father is getting to consider offers from other clubs.
But there's constant talk about Cesc coming! He must have realized he might not be in the plans at all. There are rumors all the time about him being bargaining chip or some thing. He'll obviously step up to play the power game!!

If I were Thiago's loyalist and not Barca's, I'd say that was a very well worked out ploitically awesome statement by Thiago...
We can decide about his loyalty if & when he leaves through the back door. He rejected a lucrative offer from Chelsea when he was just 17, even though he knew he'd have to wait a lot of time to get into a mid field consisting of Xavi, Iniesta, Keita, Sergi Busquets, Yaya Toure. Not to mention the uncertainty with Cesc's transfer!!

Yeah Cesc always maintained his dream is to play for Barca... By signing a 7 year extension even though he already had 4 more years on his contract in 2008! He did really well to make it easy for his beloved club!!

Yeah we are intent on promoting youth. True. But then we go "FAP FAP FAP" on Cesc! Where's the love for the youth!?

You consider a 16 year-old farfromready youngster leaving for first team football being loyal... while a 20 year old player, very much ready for action, threatening to leave because he is not feeling important is not being loyal!?
You do remember the reason Cesc gave for leaving here right? That he was not feeling important, that because only Pique & Messi were getting the love. That was when he was 16! Why is there a bad taste when Thiago only explains the situation when he is 20 year old!? He got a point too, he won't feel the love with constant Cesc talk...not by media but by own team players!!

Anyway Thiago's entourage always maintained they didn't sit down with Pep yet, will do it after EUROs and decide. Let's wait and see what happens. I don't blame him if he does leave

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yeah Cesc always maintained his dream is to play for Barca... By signing a 7 year extension even though he already had 4 more years on his contract in 2008! He did really well to make it easy for his beloved club!!

funnily enough, he was being loyal to his current employers when that happened. he wants to come and play for us but he doesn't want to fuck over his current club in the process. this does show a lack of burning desire, true, but it also shows that he's not a mercenary who will do whatever it takes to get what he wants, regardless of the club he plays for.

if he's this reluctant to fuck over Arsenal, I always wonder why people think he'd be happy to demand to leave Barcelona - his home club remember - if we ever hit upon hard times.

Yeah we are intent on promoting youth. True. But then we go "FAP FAP FAP" on Cesc! Where's the love for the youth!?

the youth in question is clearly interested in himself ahead of the team.

You consider a 16 year-old farfromready youngster leaving for first team football being loyal... while a 20 year old player, very much ready for action, threatening to leave because he is not feeling important is not being loyal!?

that's not what I think at all.

if you don't understand what I say, ask for clarification, don't just assume.

I'm saying if Thiago was put in Cesc's situation, he would have walked away. he, right now, is in a much more comfortable situation and is still trying to bend the club over a barrel. if we were a mess this kid would have been long gone. people should think about that before they rip into Cesc for bailing.

now, neither T-Bone or Cesc is the model of loyalty, but it's clear Cesc has more love for this club than Thiago does.

You do remember the reason Cesc gave for leaving here right? That he was not feeling important, that because only Pique & Messi were getting the love. That was when he was 16! Why is there a bad taste when Thiago only explains the situation when he is 20 year old!? He got a point too, he won't feel the love with constant Cesc talk...not by media but by own team players!!

Cesc left because the club was a mess and he was asked to remain a canterano when there didn't seem much hope for canteranos to succeed.

if Thiago was truly loyal to Barcelona he'd welcome the Cesc talk, because the more brilliant players at the club the better. but if he has been unsettled by it then that shows, as his other statements do, where his loyalty really lies. he's concerned for himself and his career. and I'm sure it'll be a great one - he is a fantastic talent after all.

he was given the odd game here and there in 08/09 and 09/10, and then last season the club promoted him rather than sign a midfielder to add depth. he was given plenty of backing by Pep, as well as his contract guaranteeing his place as a first teamer in 11/12. the club has given him plenty of assurances as to his place in our future plans, and he still makes a point of clarifying that his loyalties lie with himself.

Anyway Thiago's entourage always maintained they didn't sit down with Pep yet, will do it after EUROs and decide. Let's wait and see what happens. I don't blame him if he does leave

siding with the player ahead of the club? good lord it's Eto'o and Yaya all over again.

I really wonder with some of you people.

Ventus

The whole Cesc-is-not-loyal argument makes no sense to me.
Didn't Piques do the same thing? The only difference is that Pique was able to get back earlier then Cesc was.
They both left when Barca was in the shit hole, the only difference is that one is already here, and the other is trying to get back;
if you're going to bash Cesc, then bash Pique.

Home of Barca Fans