Thiago Translantara

BenRobbins

It has come out the past few days that Giggs told moyes to pull the plug on his transfer to united last summer due to him not being 'united material'. He said it was about attitude and wanting to play for manchester united. Everything was agreed and only a medical was left to complete before all the coaches sat down and giggsy came out with this. He has a point but pretty gutting from my pov as a United fan, the kids going to be a star.

Alarcón

It has come out the past few days that Giggs told moyes to pull the plug on his transfer to united last summer due to him not being 'united material'. He said it was about attitude and wanting to play for manchester united. Everything was agreed and only a medical was left to complete before all the coaches sat down and giggsy came out with this. He has a point but pretty gutting from my pov as a United fan, the kids going to be a star.

wow. I don't know what's worse, Giggs saying he's not United material or the fact that Moyes listened to him

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

Source?

Djab

Thiago isn't a 'United material' and Cleverley is...

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

BenRobbins

Ian McGarry was on bbc radio 5 live (English Sport Station) saying it earlier and also Daniel Taylor was saying it but i cant find the bit from taylor.

Giggs stopped Thiago-transfer because he was not 'Man United material'. "It is about attitude and wanting to play for #MUFC" [BBC Radio 5]

Apologies i do not know how to embed tweets.

JamDav1982

There is no way that story is true.

Perhaps some of them had reservations but Thiago was not going to ever join Man Utd once Bayern showed interest.

BenRobbins

Perhaps some of them had reservations but Thiago was not going to ever join Man Utd once Bayern showed interest.

Yes he would always choose pep over united, every single time. However this dragged on for months and we had been pursuing him for a while before it was even reported Pep was in for him so whats to say the deal collapsed then bayern started showing an interest in signing him?

JamDav1982

Yes he would always choose pep over united, every single time. However this dragged on for months and we had been pursuing him for a while before it was even reported Pep was in for him so whats to say the deal collapsed then bayern started showing an interest in signing him?

The story just doesnt ring true at all and contradicts what Thiago and his father have ever said on the subject.

Why would this just come out from some journalist a year later?

Thiago would have known Pep was interested long before it was ever reported I would bet.

anguy

How do you know? True, there was Guardiola in Bayern, but also much bigger competition. If he went to United he would have practically guaranteed starting spot.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
So how much you think we drop on buying him back next season?

Why would we? He's injured all the time...

edit: and also, Thiago makes some flashy passes and dribbles from time to time. But seen over 90 minutes he makes more mistakes than he makes positive stuff for the match. Yes, I think he's overrated - I much rather buy Rakitic.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans