Thiago Translantara

Yannik

Today (last night's game against Valencia)? Sorry man, we must be watching different games. He did not stand out to me at all. Lahm was easily MOTM for me, followed by Douglas Costa.

Didn't realize that Thiago was playing until about the 20th minute.

Thiago WAS indeed Man of the match in that game, maybe not your man of the match-choice, but the entire german press and Sport1 singled him out the most of an excellent display by him, Müller, Costa and Lahm.

The form of his life in July? lol. Not even his dad on crack would have say that.

In the form of his life in 2015.
July included.
Meaning that since he came back from injury he has been better than he was ever before. Hence the term "form of his life" you know?
His father on crack would probably agree, or maybe not, I wouldnt know, I'm not his dealer..

Last edited:

Mido

I still anticipate his return in a couple of years. I reckon he will stay a year or two in München after Pep leaves and then he might just be ready to come back.

By that time he will (hopefully) also be captain material. Personally, I consider him to be a lot more mature and Xavi-like than most people give him credit for.

thiago-1780325.jpg

Handsome devil.

More mature and Xavi-like ... agreed

BUt he seems to be very arrogant and his arrogance might destroy him as a player here at Barca. + he definitely doesn't fit in Lucho's system.

raki

In the form of his life in 2015.
July included.
Meaning that since he came back from injury he has been better than he was ever before. Hence the term "form of his life" you know?
His father on crack would probably agree, or maybe not, I wouldnt know, I'm not his dealer..

How many games did he play in 2015? 5?
He´s a great player. Wish him all the best but i still loathe him for leaving barça.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago WAS indeed Man of the match in that game, maybe not your man of the match-choice, but the entire german press and Sport1 singled him out the most of an excellent display by him, Müller, Costa and Lahm..

Not to be pedantic, I couldn't help doing some digging since I couldn't believe my impression of that game was so different from those of the German press and experts and I found this from Bild:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/schwaermt-vom-30-mio-mann-costa-41847310.bild.html

I think it says in addition to Lahm, Costa was the best player in the game, right?

Last edited:

Yannik

Not to be pedantic, I couldn't help doing some digging since I couldn't believe my impression of that game was so different from those of the German press and experts and I found this from Bild:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/schwaermt-vom-30-mio-mann-costa-41847310.bild.html

I think it says in addition to Lahm, Costa was the best player in the game, right?

Yes it does, but it is just a short written article about Costa himself where he gets of course isngled out because he's the new guy, you know. This isnt written about every player that has done good and bad about the game, they only mentioned Lahm and Costa in that short article there, they could have mentioned more like Müller and as I said Thiago, but they didnt for whatever reason. Rather than a match-analysis this article was just dedicated to let people know that Costa was great.

Of you take a Kicker article instead then you se them praising Costa and Thiago instead. Some say this, some say this, but my point that is backed by 90% of the enwspapers here is actually that THiago DID amazing in that match. Wether it was MOTM for everyone is a sidenote.

Yannik

Couldnt find a video covering his invidual performance in that game, I did however find the match video.
Not gonna rewatch it now, but I singled out some match highlights of him. He was directly involved in 3 of the 4 goals Bayern has scored.

1. Instrumentaizing Bayern first goal from 15:00 match time (15:09 video time)
2. Goal at 53:24 match-time (55:24 video time)
3. Assist at 68:15 match time (1:09:57 video time)

He did a couple more through passes, long balls and dribbles that lead to something, even the "invisible" 20 starting minutes he did iniated a couple of attacks by long balls.

serghei

We're doing great without Thiago. Besides, with the MSN up front, we need our midfielders to be very good defensively. Even our midfield playmakers need to do defensive work, because MSN only do it on exceptional situations. That's why we bought Arda Turan. In a midfield composed by Arda, Busi and Rakitic, all three are very good defensively. It's what Lucho wants. We don't really need a Xavi replacement anymore, because we are not as desperate to control games via possession like we used to be prior to Lucho's arrival. Instead, we seem to like more and more the open games, those in which there is not a clear team that does the atacking, and a clear team that does the defending.

If we used to force teams into defensive mindsets, now we are giving the other teams the illusion that they can win games against this Barca by attacking it. When they try to attack us they give us space, and that's exactly what Messi, Neymar and Suarez need. Space. So, we don't really need to replace Xavi now, what we need is to have 3 midfielders that can play very well without the ball, not only with the ball. That can absorb some pressure and show some physicality as well. Thiago is all wrong for us now, even leaving out the part where he left like a coward to the team that was "hot" at the moment, a direct opponent to the team that raised him and put him on the football map.

Last edited:

Stric

We're doing great without Thiago.

We were doing great without Thiago, because we had Xavi, Iniesta and Rakitić. Xavi is no longer here so none of us really have any clue about how we'll be doing with only Rafinha and Sergi Roberto as backups until January. Or with Arda later.

Home of Barca Fans