Thiago Translantara

JamDav1982

Thiago is the biggest talent out of la Masia after Messi and Rosell & Co forced him out of the club.

I know they had to get rid of a player to get money for Ney, but it really should have been the slow turtle (I remeber Moyes offering some 50M or more that summer).

This transfer is one of the many crimes against the club comitted by Sandro and his cronies.

In what way was he 'forced out'?

F

Flavia

Will this "forced out" vs "not forced out" debate ever end? Guess not, as he is quality.

But talk about a broken record.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Will this "forced out" vs "not forced out" debate ever end? Guess not, as he is quality.

But talk about a broken record.

+1 in every regard.
And don't worry, there are even those Bayern fucktards who already whished him away fpr 60M+ to Shitty etc. because of 3 or 4 mediocre games. Sometimes I hate our (international) fanbase. He's quality. Everybody who claims somethings different, is a sore little you know what. If I'm asked about the best deep lying playmaker below the age of 25, the only one I come up with who MIGHT be better than Thiago is Verratti. And I'm not even sure about that.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I thought it would've ended when we won the treble with iniesta/rakitic making him his bitch in the first leg. Guess not.

Didn't make him his bitch in the second leg though, didn't they? Second leg he was quite "let's show 'em I'm still sbdy they might miss".

JamDav1982

Didn't make him his bitch in the second leg though, didn't they? Second leg he was quite "let's show 'em I'm still sbdy they might miss".

Game was done by HT in the second leg and cant remember Thiago being anything brilliant in a game he had all the space in world as front three didnt track back.

You keep referring to this second leg as if Bayern showed anything. They didnt, Barca played it perfectly and switched off when Bayern had too much to do.

Second leg he had more space, Iniesta let him roam with the ball more but as [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] everyone knew the outcome of the tie going into it and Lucho himself said after that he instructed the team to not try to dominate but to sit back and hit on the counter.

That said he is a great player and is definitely barca quality, but he's not the only one who is and there are a couple young midfielders as good/better depending on how you rate things so the Thiago obsession is getting a tad bit annoying. If he ever comes back great, if not we've already shown that we can more than win trophies without him.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

God damn, nvm me, cannot take me serious atm. Though you are correct in that Thiago was substantially better in the second leg if that's what you are saying ;)

Co0ter

He was 'taken care of' he just decided to leave as promised a starting role at Bayern. Something he had not earned at Barca. He was the fourth best performing CM in his last season.

I can't agree with you there. There were plenty of chances to give him playing time, especially towards the end of the season when the league was already over. He didn't play nearly as much as he could have, and whether you want to believe it or not, that likely played a major role in him not wanting to stay. It's hard to "earn" your place in the team when you aren't getting minutes, especially in that situation... and Fabregas getting started over him despite being in total shit form.

Last edited:

Galning

I can't agree with you there. There were plenty of chances to give him playing time, especially towards the end of the season when the league was already over. He didn't play nearly as much as he could have, and whether you want to believe it or not, that likely played a major role in him not wanting to stay. It's hard to "earn" your place in the team when you aren't getting minutes, especially in that situation... and Fabregas getting started over him despite being in total shit form.

Yep. I don't want to get dragged into this again but Tito played his best 11 every single game just to reach those 100 points. Totally unnecessary and the fact that Fàbregas got so much gametime was just yeah.. we all know how that turned out.

Home of Barca Fans