Thiago Translantara

serghei

I don't really want him back. Certainly don't want us to chase him in the summer. I'd rather sign that Bernardo Silva from Monaco. But if Thiago pushes for a transfer at Barcelona, I wouldn't be too upset.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't really want him back. Certainly don't want us to chase him in the summer. I'd rather sign that Bernardo Silva from Monaco. But if Thiago pushes for a transfer at Barcelona, I wouldn't be too upset.

They're different kind of players though.

El Flaco

Lothar Matthäus on Thiago in his column for Sport Bild.

"Thiago reminds me of Maradona in the way he moves and twists his body. He has become the heart of Bayern's game this season.

"He is a classic number 10 with an amazing technique, he always keeps his calm and has a perfect sense of position.

"It is easy to see he is the son of former Brazil international Mazinho. He is a player who really enjoys the game and possesses skills few others have.

"In hindsight, Barcelona were unlucky to have Xavi and Andres Iniesta, who kept Thiago out of the team. That is the only reason Bayern were able to sign him.

"Pep Guardiola was a bit unlucky that Thiago was never really 100 per cent fit during his time at the club. Carlo Ancelotti can build on him in the decisive stages of the season. He is indispensable for Bayern."

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...rt-mich-sogar-an-maradona-50856090.sport.html

BarcaOG

Banned
Even if he wants to come back, Bayern will either a) refuse to let him go or b) demand an unreasonable fee for him. Either way it won't be great for us.

vinni

Rafinha, Thiago, Sergio Roberto and Busi for the future. Raki and someone else as alternatives/subs. It sounds pretty cool right?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Had an immense game against BMG with over 120 touches, 3 key passes, and a slick assist to Muller's goal.

This man is on fire. He's the crucial performer in a team that's potentially the best in Europe and heavy CL contender. I'd say he's having a season that is comparable to Messi/Neymar, surely one of the top 5 in Europe if not top 3. He plays like an all round machine with the best statistical performance on his team, even his defensive output is superb. I look forward to seeing Bayern play RM to see how he fares in a midfield battle against the likes of Modric/Kroos.

DonAK

Last two seasons he's showing himself to be a top 5 CM, top 3 if he finishes this one strongly.

But obviously some people believe he's broken and average :lol:

Should take a listen to what the Bayern fans and German press think about him.

Putting his injury problems behind him too.

We had the perfect midfielder available for us, but a serious lack of vision cost us. Ironically it was our former coach who had the vision to trust him despite having someone like Kroos at the club.

Last edited:

serghei

Let's see him vs Madrid. I saw him against us on Camp Nou and against Atletico and he played pretty poorly. I think these are the games in which you're supposed to shine if you're a top 5 CM. Not only against Gladbach, Werder and teams like that.

DonAK

He was Bayern's best player in the home game they won against Atletico. He was good in the 2nd leg against us and created that chance ter Stegen saved single-handedly. All players have a few games off here and there, like Verratti last game. Kroos has mostly struggled and been in the shadow of Modric in the Clasicos against us. Pogba did nothing of note against us in the CL final apart from a couple of good runs using his pace and power.

He is a top 5 CM the last two seasons and he's showing it every single game now while we're trying to fit the likes of Gomes and Denis in that position. He was 22 years old when he left us, very young and in room for improvement, but we didn't have the vision to keep him and develop him because we had the Prodigal Son who was supposed to be Xavi's successor. What a fail that turned out to be.

Lack of forward thinking, vision or incompetence at identifying players at the Sporting Director position has cost us a lot the last few years in terms of squad building.

serghei

As far as I know he played badly in the first leg against Atletico, 0-1, and was an unused sub in the return leg. I'm talking about the semifinal. Was also bad against us on Camp Nou, in the 3-0. Almost invisible I'd say. But sure, he probably has matured. This tie with Madrid is decisive for him in order to be called world class for me. If he delivers when the pressure is the highest, then he is clearly a developed player. If he fails again, he's still not there yet.

Performances in Bundesliga are great, but he needs to do it against world class teams as well.

Last edited:

El Flaco

We had the perfect midfielder available for us, but a serious lack of vision cost us. Ironically it was our former coach who had the vision to trust him despite having someone like Kroos at the club.

Kroos was more or less a starter for Bayern while argubaly being the best player for them during the only season he'd Pep as coach.

So I don't really think it's fair tot say Pep regarded Thiago over Kroos.

And according to reports, Kroos was the one Pep didn't wan't to be sold.

DonAK

Kroos was more or less a starter for Bayern and being the cornerstone during the only season he'd Pep as coach. So I don't really think it's fair tot say Pep regarded Thiago over Kroos.

And according to reports, Kroos was the one Pep didn't wan't to be sold.

That's not that I said though.

I said Pep signed him despite having someone like Kroos at the club, while we let him go because we had Xavi who was showing obvious signs of weakness with his Achilles tendon problems, and had Prince Fabregas.

Pep had the vision to trust him and give him importance alongside Kroos while we thought it was great business to sell him for 25m because Prince was supposed to be the successor, The Chosen One.

As far as I know he played badly in the first leg against Atletico, 0-1, and was an unused sub in the return leg. I'm talking about the semifinal. Was also bad against us on Camp Nou, in the 3-0. Almost invisible I'd say. But sure, he probably has matured. This tie with Madrid is decisive for him in order to be called world class for me. If he delivers when the pressure is the highest, then he is clearly a developed player. If he fails again, he's still not there yet.

Performances in Bundesliga are great, but he needs to do it against world class teams as well.

Would you say Pogba is a top 5 midfielder? Or Verratti who's had some great CL performances against us and a couple of not so good ones.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans