Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thats a very childish way of looking at it. So because he's not happy with the amount he's playing he's stupid and you hate him?

With a world cup coming up, you can completly understand if e wants to play more, and with the amount Vilanova as used him this year, its natural for a player of his talent to be frustrated, he's that good.

I would welcome him with open arms, seriously hope United make it happen.

----Carrick-----Thiago-----
---------Kagawa----------

:wub:

Hate is a bit too strong to say, definitely. But if he decides to leave Barca, why should Barca fans cheer for his success at potential adversaries such as Manchester United?

Galning

Hate is a bit too strong to say, definitely. But if he decides to leave Barca, why should Barca fans cheer for his success at potential adversaries such as Manchester United?

Nobody said you should. But cheering for someone to fail because he left your club is a bit sad.

Ursegor

World Champion
He won't go to the World Cup, no matter what. Especially not if he leaves. Del Bosque is all about squad harmony which is why he keeps nominating Torres for every tournament and leaves the likes of Negredo out despite the latter performing better than the former for quite some time now. Del Bosque won't include a player who left Barcelona for his own glory when the majority of his squad is made up of Barcelona players. Imagine Thiago and his father causing disarray by demanding playing time during the World Cup campaign once he's in the squad as they are doing now at club level.

Ultimately: Who would make way for him anyway? Here is the Confed Cup squad minus Xabi Alonso:

Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool), Valdes (Barcelona); Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid), Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Monreal (Arsenal), Pique (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Busquets (Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Fabregas (Barcelona), Iniesta (Barcelona), Martinez (Bayern Munich), Mata (Chelsea), Navas (Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Silva (Manchester City) Xavi (Barcelona); Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia), Villa (Barcelona)

3 goalkeepers, 3 strikers, 2 CBs + 1 CB backup, 1 LB + 1 LB backup, 1 RB + 1 RB backup. <- This is set no matter what.

That leaves us with 10 players for the midfield and wide positions. Let's see:

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas. Those 6 names are set in stone because they are either starters or close to being starters (like Fabregas who plays a lot despite not being a 100 % starter every time).

Navas will be included as well because he offers tactical variation.

Pedro as well. He's their freaking top scorer this year and deserves it for his goal against France in the qualifiers alone if nothing else.

So that leaves us with Mata and Cazorla. Both among the top players in the Premier League. Thiago would have to BLOW them away with his performances next season. Not just outperform them but BLOW them away to get their spot. Not going to happen.

And I haven't even considered Javi Martinez and Isco yet. Both would be more useful for del Bosque's team. Martinez because he can also play as a centerback if needed. Isco because he can play all 4 front positions (wide left, wide right, central, false 9). Thiago can only play centrally.

Zuess99

We cant hate him but I understand your anger. I would be disappointing if he leaves cause he knows his time will come . He will mos def not play for the squad even worse of if they win the confed .

malvolio

Here was also something not quite right about the claim. Aguero's official buyout clause is €45M. Which begs two questions. One, if his buyout clause is €45M why would you turn down a €45M bid? And two, how could you turn it down? After all, isn't that what a buyout clause is for? If someone offers that amount, you have no choice, right?

Right. And wrong. That's sort of how it works, but not exactly how it works.

Spain's buyout clauses have often been set up as a deterrent -- symbolic, gigantic figures to warn off suitors. Sergio Busquets has just renewed his deal with Barcelona for example and his buyout clause is now €150M ($204M). But they do also have a practical use. They form part of a legal framework and also a gentleman's agreement between clubs. Which is why the price is not always the price. Because clubs are not always gentlemanly about it.

Under the terms of that basic agreement, clubs accepted that another club which paid the buyout clause could sign a player without resistance. If it's €45M, you pay €45M and you take your player, no mess and no fuss. It is, essentially, a price set at which you say you will sell.

But you don't necessarily have to sell at that price; that agreement has a legal foundation that is a little different. At an informal level, the modus operandi has been altered since Real Madrid walked off with Luis Figo for the symbolic but just about manageable figure of 10,000M pesetas. The buyout clause remains, but the application of it is different.

Now most clubs are saying: this is the buyout clause, sure, but if you make a hostile bid, a bid that we do not welcome, we will force you to apply the clause legally. And when you apply the law legally, that is a different issue. When you apply the law legally, it is a different price.

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent. So, Aguero's price rises from €45M to €53.1M ($72M).

The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the money, the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his account it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere. And so it is liable to taxation at 44 percent. In other words, the €45M is the amount left after taxation. That is to say that Aguero's overall cost is €80.2M ($109M).

The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../29/atletico.buyouts/index.html#ixzz2WZY0xqgS

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam

I didnt say he should cheer him at united?

I can understand people being unhappy at a player of that talent leaving, but to hate him for not seeing that he is 'barca's future' despite atm, there being no signs of this being the case

I dont hate Pogba, tbh he made the right choice, I dont cheer for him, but i dont care enough about players who want to leave my club to hate them.

Ursegor

World Champion
Thiago has no chance right now of making the World Cup. Not even Isco who has proven himself more(obviously he's had more opportunities) is guaranteed a spot at the World Cup.

The one thing that really upsets me is that I feel that it's partially down to Xavi to take responsibility and accept that he is older and needs to rest. Xavi should step up and tell Tito that he'll play less games in order to help integrate Thiago into the squad while staying he can stay fresh for big matches. It would be for the benefit of the club but Xavi and Tito think Xavi is 23 not 33.

Yeah, professional sports doesn't work like that.

Galning

The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.[/I]

Interesting. I didn't know that :) It doesn't work like that on Football Manager though, but I assume there are a lot of things that don't work that way in real life :lol: We'll at least get more than 18M for him if he leaves.

Ursegor

World Champion
Bullshit article. Bayern got Martinez by paying his buyout clause despite Bilbao not wanting to negotiate at all.

malvolio

i doesn't mean it's entirely true but there is something more to it than that. as far as i know martinez wanted to move and bilbao were resigned at him leaving. bilbao maybe could have pushed for more, but even then 40 mil was a hell lot of money. so they could have ended with no money(bayern not willing to pay more) and with an unhappy player.

Ursegor

World Champion
i doesn't mean it's entirely true but there is something more to it than that. as far as i know martinez wanted to move and bilbao were resigned at him leaving. bilbao maybe could have pushed for more, but even then 40 mil was a hell lot of money. so they could have ended with no money(bayern not willing to pay more) and with an unhappy player.

No, Bayern paid his buyout clause and Athletic could do nothing about it. Bayern hired a bunch of lawyers which dealt with the issue. A buy-out clause is a buy-out clause. The player in question can buy himself out of his own contract.

malvolio

No, Bayern paid his buyout clause and Athletic could do nothing about it. Bayern hired a bunch of lawyers which dealt with the issue. A buy-out clause is a buy-out clause. The player in question can buy himself out of his own contract.

i'm willing to bet that nobody pays that "buyout" clause, thiago get's an improved contract and everybody will forget about this circus. so let's all get to the beach and enjoy summer, thiago is going nowhere.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
i'm willing to bet that nobody pays that "buyout" clause, thiago get's an improved contract and everybody will forget about this circus. so let's all get to the beach and enjoy summer, thiago is going nowhere.

Can't be entirely sure about that, but it's wrong to go crazy and automatically assume he will definitely leave as well.

jamrock

if he is leaving to make the world cup he might as well stay because chances of that happening is slim to none,if he wants to be shown more trust in his abilities then go, but i am not sure moyes his the best manager for him, he should go to atletico r spurs show what he has them make the step up in another two years

Home of Barca Fans