Thiago Translantara

Yugi

if Thiago thinks playing in United midfield with no competition in EPL will bring him starting spot in Spain NT than he must be out of his mind

SwiftGuyver

But then, Iniesta wasn't badly desired by one of the greatest football clubs in the world, Manchester United. And I also don't think Vilanova has ever assured him that he will be the future of this team.

Tito said Thiago is valued and will be an important starter in the future but he must be patient. Fair enough IMO.

He looked great at the U21 tournament but he didn't look amazing all last season, he had some very poor performances and proved he wasn't ready to be a regular starter for Barca. He also suffered an injury and was out for like 15 games. I think he played plenty considering his injury, his poor form at times and the fact he is competing with Xavi, Iniesta & Cesc for playing time. 101 appearances for Barca at the age of 22 is very good.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

De Gea, Mata, Silva, Cazorla, Arteta, Michu all were starters in their teams in the EPL.. Mata had a great season! Yet, he's not starting for Spain.
De Gea and Michu weren't even included in the squad. Thiago has to prove himself at Barca to be included in World Cup Squad and play a major role in future (Euro 2016).

ebc_99

I agree that his best chance of getting in the Spain first 11 or even squad is staying at Barca, so if that is his reasoning it is a big mistake. There is no way Del Bosque is changing the team around now, If Thiago were to oust Xavi from the Barca 11 even then he would struggle to change Del Bosque's mind so he has no chance of doing it at Utd.

I think that Thiago will miss Barca more than the other way around, he will miss playing with better players in a better team in a better stadium in a better city, whilst Barca will be much stronger this coming season and Moyes could struggle.

The important decision Tito needs to make now is who to replace him with, 18Million is not alot to go shopping with but with a few more sales there could be about 70million to spend - 35 transfer budget - 18 Thiago - 12 Villa - 5 Affellay that would get Thiago Silva another back-up CB but not much left to get another midfield player so it looks like it will be S Roberto

Barcafan 2304

Alas, 100% correct. If he really wsnts to go, I hope its finalised asap. Shouldnt have gotten to this stage of losing him for a relatively low fee though

sukhy

But he won't, Moyes record for developing youmg players is terrible, he fell out with Rooney, hardly played Rodwell, he plays football that doesn't suit Thiago, believe me if this happens Thiago will regret it big style.

Moyes at Everton, where he had mediocre players wouldn't suit Thiago, United won't change their style too much, he's not gonna go and try and revolutionize United, Thiago fits into United perfectly atm. Going from managing the likes of Anichebe to van Persie is a massive jump and can only make his life easier.

The main reasons Utd won the EPL last season IMO was Chelsea suffering from the madness of Roman and making the transition to a new playing style, City buying average players during the summer and the fact that SAF was their manager. Having him in charge added at least 10 points a season IMO and he got the most out of average players. I can't realistically see anyone other than Chelsea or City winning the EPL for the next few years.

Thiago has been patient up until now so why not wait a little longer and end up being THE man running the midfield at Barca? Just seems to me he is rushing things (being pushed by his father) and making a bad decision (long term). Iniesta was patient and didn't really break through until he was 23/24 and he's done alright!

You make some valid points though man, fair play.

Again people are underrating United's squad, man for man, United have a better first XI and squad than Chelsea and City, there's a reason United won the league at a canter and were a dodgy Turkish referee away from beating Real Madrid over 2 legs, while Chelsea and City got knocked out in the group stages.
In my eyes Thiago is looking at this mainly for the World Cup, he knows Spain are major favourites for the World Cup and they might not be in 4 years and he would rather go to the tournament and sit on the bench than sit at home, I think it would make him the first ever son of a World Cup winner to win it, not 100% sure if that is true, but that's the whole point of all of this speculation.

Being better than Anderson or Cleverly wont mean anything to del Bosque.

Playing regular football will mean something though, especially when he'll be one of, if not, the best midfielder in the country.

SwiftGuyver

Again people are underrating United's squad, man for man, United have a better first XI and squad than Chelsea and City, there's a reason United won the league at a canter and were a dodgy Turkish referee away from beating Real Madrid over 2 legs, while Chelsea and City got knocked out in the group stages.

What are these reasons then? Apart from the ones I already mentioned ie Chelsea sacking their manager and bringing in a hate figure and making the transition to a new playing style, City buying poorly during the summer and suffering injuries to key players and SAF still being Utd's manager?

Ronaldinho

In my eyes Thiago is looking at this mainly for the World Cup, he knows Spain are major favourites for the World Cup and they might not be in 4 years and he would rather go to the tournament and sit on the bench than sit at home, I think it would make him the first ever son of a World Cup winner to win it, not 100% sure if that is true, but that's the whole point of all of this speculation.

Playing regular football will mean something though, especially when he'll be one of, if not, the best midfielder in the country.

i agree with you especially with the bold Thiago want to be included in world cup squad though he know if he indeed make it he probably just play as subtitute or worse not being played at all,

Fergie may retired and many doubts Moyes ability but MU still one of biggest Club at Europe right now and the fact many spanish player can succsess play in EPL i believe it can be big lure for Thiago

sukhy

What are these reasons then? Apart from the ones I already mentioned ie Chelsea sacking their manager and bringing in a hate figure and making the transition to a new playing style, City buying poorly during the summer and suffering injuries to key players and SAF still being Utd's manager?

Reason is that United have a better first XI and squad. City won the league on goal difference the season before and that was with Toure, Aguero and Silva all at their peak, they dropped off and weren't consistent this season and they were awful, football is a squad game now, especially with the amount of games they play. Compare the teams if you like, United are more balanced and have a more effective style of play, they are a better team.

Beast

The Observer
if Thiago thinks playing in United midfield with no competition in EPL will bring him starting spot in Spain NT than he must be out of his mind

Xabi , Cazorla , Mata , Cesc etc beg to differ all he want is to be picked among the traveling group

If he is good he will be picked .. and with Xavi age he needs to showcase what he got week in week out to be in the final list of players traveling to Brazil not wait till Xavi gets injured and Cesc or Iniesta too

He is 4th choice that's if Tito didn't decide to play Song or whatever he come out with ... especially when Tito faith in youth is not similar to Pep who had more balls ..

Home of Barca Fans