Thiago Translantara

SwiftGuyver

It makes sense for Xavi to play less minutes next season, for his sake and Thiago's. Thiago needs more playing time for his development and Xavi needs to be used more conservatively to hopefully prolong his career. I honestly don't understand what the problem is?! Thiago is more than capable of performing against 90% of the teams we will face during the course of a season. I love Xavi but he needs to take a step back and see the bigger picture and do what's best for Barca's future. He is going to go down in history as one of the best midfielders of all time, his legacy is cemented. He should tell Tito & Rosell he is happy taking more of a back seat next season.

JamDav1982

I have to row the opposite way with everyone here. I think Barcelona has gave him so much and nothing less than a guarantee good future. His dad and him are getting selfish an impatient and nothing's a guarantee even at Manchester United, etc.

Do you expect him to stay at Barcelona for a third of the wages and sitting out all the big games?

Of course there are no guarantees with going to Man Utd but he will back his own ability and wont think like that. Going there he trebles his wages, most likely has he team built round him and improves his chances of going to the World Cup.

He doesnt owe Barcelona anything from here.

Jadentheman

No guarantees except for the fact that United needs a midfielder and Thiago fits very well with their plans. He's 99.9% guaranteed playing time

Barcafire

Do you expect him to stay at Barcelona for a third of the wages and sitting out all the big games?

Of course there are no guarantees with going to Man Utd but he will back his own ability and wont think like that. Going there he trebles his wages, most likely has he team built round him and improves his chances of going to the World Cup.

He doesnt owe Barcelona anything from here.

So he has a better chance playing the WC sitting on the bench at Man U, perhaps getting zero minutes?

We can increase his wages, but no team can guarantee him more time than we have already.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So he has a better chance playing the WC sitting on the bench at Man U, perhaps getting zero minutes?

We can increase his wages, but no team can guarantee him more time than we have already.

He'd pretty much be undisputed starter at United, they have a very weak midfield lacking in organization and technical ability.

JamDav1982

Man Utd have guaranteed more playing time than Barcelona if the reports are accurate.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Doesn't take a genius to work out that Thiago will definitely get more playing time, the competition simply isn't there at Man Utd.

Martindn

This is latest rumours. £96,000 a week really? Has to be false we would not pay that to Nani when he had his world class season and half.

United have also agreed personal terms with Thiago, with the club offering the player a 5-year deal, and willing to triple his current wages offering him a package of £5m per annum. Barcelona are trying to convince Thiago to stay, with the promise of more first team football. He had been told to be patient, however, the advice has fallen on deaf ears and the Spanish champions are looking to negotiate a first refusal option in the agreement should United ever decide to sell him. United will most likely reject this in the final agreement and have met the buy-out clause for the Spaniard and will this week expect to conclude a deal worth £15m rising to £17m. United have also promised Thiago that he will be an integral part of the first team, prompting him, his father Manzinho and agent Pere Guardiola to conclude the deal. http://sulia.com/channel/manchester-united/f/d154fa96-788c-4b6a-b2d0-3fe9f8665993/

Barcafire

True, I guess he would see immediately more starting time, but I'm just sorta sick of seek g all the Premier teams taking our talent by promising all these things which isn't a guarantee. Merida was a good example.

DannyG

This is my first post here and I'm a Spurs fan. I was hoping we could put in a cheeky bid for Thiago lol
But I agree with Premier teams taking your young talent especially Arsenal the idiots and not Chelsea and Liverpool. At least we have a link with you and you lot only give us your left overs!
That Hector Bellerin lad that plays for Arsenal's U21's I think he came from Barcelona? He looks a proper quality right back in the making. I think you may go back in for him in the future.

I think Thiago should probably stay at Barcelona but you don't do him any favours. He's top quality and probably should have got more game time especially with Xavi's injury problems. Saying that I could see why he'd want to leave you've just signed Neymar and I guess Fabregas will be pushed back deeper and get playing time ahead of Thiago.

If he does leave I think going to United would be good for the player. They need another top quality midfielder. I know Van Persie won Premier League golden boot but I think Carrick was their most important player. Without him United wouldn't have won the title and they rely on him so much, you can see the big difference when Carrick starts and when he doesn't. Fortunate for them Carrick doesn't get injured. But if Man U sign Thiago I see them being a force next season both in the Premier League and Champions league.

As for us I hope we go in for Tello, isn't his release clause 10m euros? ;) With Paulinho signing, then hopefully we take Villa off your hands then tempt Tello, we would then have a good squad ready to challenge for top four again.

Barcafan 2304

Well all hope is not lost and I think he coukd yet stay. Sorry to be optimistic here I know with isco to Madrid and thiago to man utd, some here have us as doomed but there you go

DannyG

Even with Thiago gone you lot will not be weakened in my opinion. Fabregas can go back to his favoured positions and you've just signed Neymar. Cheer up!
I watch quite a lot of Spanish football and I guess you lot may play....

Busquets--Xavi--Iniesta
Pedro--Messi--Neymar?

What's the problem there!? Or you could play Fabregas where Iniesta plays and put Iniesta where Pedro is.
For me I know there's Messi and Ronaldo but Iniesta is my favourite player to watch. Absolutely fantastic.

ebieymjunior

Even with Thiago gone you lot will not be weakened in my opinion. Fabregas can go back to his favoured positions and you've just signed Neymar. Cheer up!
I watch quite a lot of Spanish football and I guess you lot may play....

Busquets--Xavi--Iniesta
Pedro--Messi--Neymar?

What's the problem there!? Or you could play Fabregas where Iniesta plays and put Iniesta where Pedro is.
For me I know there's Messi and Ronaldo but Iniesta is my favourite player to watch. Absolutely fantastic.

Nah, Cesc should leave :D. Thiago should (will) stay.

Home of Barca Fans