Thiago Translantara

Banana-Rama

another ''very close to signing'' story, i have been reading them for about a week now, these journalists don't really know anything, they are just squeezing every last drop out of the story, until thiago's signature is on the contract he hasn't signed for united, if he wants to sign for us and it is simply a case of united paying the buyout clause then what is the delay, something doesn't add up...

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I truly believe Thiago and his pops are trying to get as much money as they can out of Manchester United before they agree to move. That was probably the reasoning for the tweet where he proclaimed how much he loved Barcelona. Some naive people will think he meant he just loves the city but there almost had to an underlining to it. We'll find out shortly.

How much is 7.2M euros stretched out over a year on a per-week basis for a footballer? He would be on 160k-180k wages right? Barca can probably match the offer but that would make him one of our biggest wage earners and he hasn't really proven himself yet.

Oh well, we need to continue to groom Cesc for the role then. He's a beast of a midfielder when he's in the zone. What's troubling is that he links up better with Xavi than Iniesta. Thiago links up perfectly with Iniesta though.

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
another ''very close to signing'' story, i have been reading them for about a week now, these journalists don't really know anything, they are just squeezing every last drop out of the story, until thiago's signature is on the contract he hasn't signed for united, if he wants to sign for us and it is simply a case of united paying the buyout clause then what is the delay, something doesn't add up...

Has to be the money. Thiago wants to be paid like he's Xavi and Iniesta right away and it looks like he will be.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Perhaps Rosell is trying to delay it so we can drag it past August 1st? Make it happen :rosell: !

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam

TBF, I thought the same, until i saw Delaney tweet it, he's as reliable as they come in regards to United.

Martindn

Has to be the money. Thiago wants to be paid like he's Xavi and Iniesta right away and it looks like he will be.

It only really seems to be us or staying, i doubt he really has that much room for maneuvering in terms of wages. Even if he was to be paid 170,000 euros/£130,000 while a lot, its the going rate these days oil clubs have skewed the figures. We was willing to give a similar wage to hazard last year i believe.

Banana-Rama

TBF, I thought the same, until i saw Delaney tweet it, he's as reliable as they come in regards to United.

he has not said anything different to what any of the other sites or newspapers are saying, it is just the same bs about united being more confident then ever, not 100% certain, etc, etc, he hasn't put his neck on the line and said that the deal is done. the fact of the matter is thiago has not signed a contract with united and no-one knows why except thiago and his father.

is he demanding excessive wages from united, is he hoping that barcelona will give him what he wants so that he doesn't have to leave, there is a reason why he hasn't signed for us yet, and i don't think its because he's too busy on his playstation. united fans should know better really, robben, ronaldinho, benzema, torres and many others were reported to be done deals to united, did they sign for us, no, i still don't think thiago will sign for us, i just think he is trying to strengthen his position at barca...

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
he has not said anything different to what any of the other sites or newspapers are saying, it is just the same bs about united being more confident then ever, not 100% certain, etc, etc, he hasn't put his neck on the line and said that the deal is done. the fact of the matter is thiago has not signed a contract with united and no-one knows why except thiago and his father.

is he demanding excessive wages from united, is he hoping that barcelona will give him what he wants so that he doesn't have to leave, there is a reason why he hasn't signed for us yet, and i don't think its because he's too busy on his playstation. united fans should know better really, robben, ronaldinho, benzema, torres and many others were reported to be done deals to united, did they sign for us, no, i still don't think thiago will sign for us, i just think he is trying to strengthen his position at barca...

I really hope that's the case.

We've put so much time into this kid for him just to leave him now when his chance is finally coming. This should be the year where we start phasing out Xavi and let Thiago take the reins.

It's going to break my heart if he leaves.

Armando929

I want to Thiago to stay as well. The thing is, Thiago wants to play in the World Cup next year... I don't even think is so much the money.

He clearly wants to play and Tito isn't the best with rotations.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The banana speaks some truth although there are far more rumours of him leaving than staying with little in response from the club/player...Could indeed be a staring contest between Mazinho & Rosell over a bumper contract...I was just thinking about this yesterday, if you're Thiago do you really leave a club like Barcelona with Leo, Iniesta & Neymar in attack, for north central England?...He'd have to be a particular kind of ambitious...On the other hand, were he to go, it'd mean that every top club in the Premier league would be led by a Spanish midfielder - further evidence of how dominant Spain has been in football

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tw Thiago: "I wish a GREAT PLAYER like @muniesa24 all the best at his new team. Enjoy it!" ‎#fcblive [@thi_alcantara91]

This tweet gives me the vibe that he too wants to enjoy his new team.

PaCmAn

Xavi has talked with Thiago a few days ago advising him to continue at Barcelona next season. [mundo deportivo]

Home of Barca Fans