Thiago Translantara

Irish_Cules

Moyes press conference is today. If there is nothing announced about Thiago at that then there may still be hope that he will stay.

Armando929

Thiago needs to stop fooling around. If he wants to go, then he needs to let right people know so this deal can get done. I personally would keep him, but he's clearly unsettled and wants 1st team football now. For all sides, I think a move is for the best.

After reading so much about the release clause from Thiago I'll explain how the Martinez saga went down and why we shouldn't even think to let it go that far.

- Martinez had a specific release clause which only allowed him to pay the release clause and not another club, even if it was a club from Spain. That was how his contract was written
- It was also against the FIFA law. FIFA law says that transfer fees can only be paid between 2 clubs (written in the Transfer Matching System)
- Martinez took Athletic Bilbao to court and demanded to void the contract if the fee is being paid by himself.
- The court voided his contract as he was with Bayern lawyers who then paid the release clause.

That's how ugly things got between them. Forget about the 44% tax thing which can be encountered as Bayern did. There isn't a chance in hell that Manchester United would do that kind of thing to Barcelona. Maybe we have to pay a bit more, but I simply can't see us or Thiago doing that kind of thing.

Also anyone thinking that Moyes will give an anwser to the Thiago questions will be disappointed. At Everton he refused to talk about ongoing transfer sagas.

Birdy

I think Tito is not to blame on this at all... The only thing that someone can accuse Tito is of wanting the 100 point record, thus not playing Thiago in the last 3-4 games..

Apart from that, the whole season Thiago showed no evolution in football terms, when he got the chance to appear in the first team: he was the same with Thiago of the last two seasons.. Even the ageing and mediocre-season Xavi was far more reliable to play even versus minor spanish opposition..
The fact that he is a bit more patient and more influential than Cesc, doesnt say anything to me.. Cesc is pretty shit in the deep position replacing Xavi or Iniesta.. That should not mean that the standards for the position would drop accordingly..

Tito is justified on the basis of what he saw not to promise Thiago guaranteed playing time.. The problem is that the kid is quite selfish, and his father (Mazinho) highly responsible for that - we all remember talks with Chelsea previous summers- and he foolishly thinks he can be thrown into United's XI and blossom. He doesnt understand that the protective system of Barcelona that gradually integrates the players in the first team and then in the first XI, giving them time to evolve and when and if the time is ripe to become pillars of the first XI, is the best for him and he has learned to live IN the very nature of it..
Thus, i am predicting that he might offer some technical ability that United's md lacks right now, but he will most probably fail to have significant impact. He will be limited to a new Anderson, a squad player offering specific stuff, called only when needed, not able to make the impact that would establish him..

Martindn

All thats been said that specifically may link to thiago is, "we want to sign the best young players" and "we will try to get signings done before tour (july 10th).

Thats a bit of a shitter tbh, all the media questions are about rooney for fuck sake. I cant believe not one journalist has asked about thiago yet.

Edit: Seems like uk media considers the transfer a figment of somebodys imagination :p Ah well im sure fellaini will create some brilliance in there...:(

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
All thats been said that specifically may link to thiago is, "we want to sign the best young players" and "we will try to get signings done before tour (july 10th).

Thats a bit of a shitter tbh, all the media questions are about rooney for fuck sake. I cant believe not one journalist has asked about thiago yet.
Thiago-Utd shit is probably just a shit-storm created by Mazinho to earn his son a better deal then... Hopefully

mixer

Despite earlier rumours, Man Utd coach Moyes did not talk about his club's rumoured interest in signing Thiago at his first press conference

It's probably a story created only by media

Martindn

Thiago-Utd shit is probably just a shit-storm created by Mazinho to earn his son a better deal then... Hopefully

Either way, its still going to drag on now which is bad for all of us. So sure about this one too, this media quiet on that front doesnt add up - like from our end everything made sense, our weak midfield/good young midfielder who cant break into yours/cheap - more likely than the unrealistic muppet targets like hazard. If we fail with thiago i hope we just go blitzkrieg on gundogan, id cry if we got fellaini lol.

F

Flavia

Despite earlier rumours, Man Utd coach Moyes did not talk about his club's rumoured interest in signing Thiago at his first press conference

It's probably a story created only by media

If it was only created by media, thiago would have said something by now. Like Puyol did with the milan rumors.
There are talks going on, but he probably hasn't made up his mind yet.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If it was only created by media, thiago would have said something by now. Like Puyol did with the milan rumors.
There are talks going on, but he probably hasn't made up his mind yet.

Ditto. Moyes didn't mention Thiago because he doesn't have anything concrete to report. I am sure they are all working frantically to get the details finalized.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Either way, its still going to drag on now which is bad for all of us. So sure about this one too, this media quiet on that front doesnt add up - like from our end everything made sense, our weak midfield/good young midfielder who cant break into yours/cheap - more likely than the unrealistic muppet targets like hazard. If we fail with thiago i hope we just go blitzkrieg on gundogan, id cry if we got fellaini lol.
Well Kagawa playing ahead of Fellaini and Cleverly could raise havoc really... Besides, you have Fletcher and Nick Powell too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Gündoğan is staying put for now. Next year (IF he decides to leave), you are going to have to compete with us and Real Madrid on him.

Martindn

Well Kagawa playing ahead of Fellaini and Cleverly could raise havoc really... Besides, you have Fletcher and Nick Powell too.

Cleverley isnt good enough for me, and when he is finding a bit of form hes injured same with anderson. Fellaini not technically competent enough, and carrick had better interception/defensive stats last season. Powell more long term thinking, i do really like him though. Fletcher will need a miracle to return to 2010/2011 ability. Midfield isnt even our achilles heel, more like a missing leg. Compare our midfield to yours.

Id rather see Kagawa and Thiago :p

Gündoğan is staying put for now. Next year (IF he decides to leave), you are going to have to compete with us and Real Madrid on him.

Yeah we got no chance, what happens if you get him though? 4 world class midfielders again (5 if thiago stays) for 2 places.

Home of Barca Fans